shape
carat
color
clarity

No longer a LIW..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
.. but, I am a BIW! Mr. H proposed on Christmas Eve!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I don''t have any ring/diamond stats, but the jeweller''s website has it listed as a .35tcw ''Endless Love'' setting.. it appears much larger, though (and, sparkles the mad)!
30.gif

WOOOO, after almost 9 years together, we''re finally engaged!
Putting it lightly, I''m over-the-moon!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!! Can''t wait to hear the story and see the bling!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
YAY congrats MrsH
36.gif
so happy for you and cant wait to hear the story and see the pics
30.gif
21.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! I can''t wait to see pics and here a more detailed story
36.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!! Can''t wait to see pics!
36.gif

jodyblair

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see pictures of your ring!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies!
The shock still hasn''t worn off, even 2 days later.. I wasn''t expecting this! LOL! We''ve been together so long, I didn''t think I''d feel any different, but there''s definitely a pep in my step..
2.gif

Now, for the story/pics.. bare with me, ''cause this is gonna get long, I can tell!

The proposal itself was very low-key, very ''us'', and very, VERY shocking.. B totally caught me by surprise, which I honestly thought couldn''t be done!

It happened on Christmas Eve, around 8pm, after we got back to his parents'' house from a neighbour''s party. He asked me to come help him organize stuff in ''our'' guest bedroom, so that DD had a place to sleep on the floor (we had a full house, and her room ended up going to great-grandma.. a 5-year-old on the floor is a lot better/easier than getting an 80+ woman down, and up! LOL!).
Anyway, we figured that out, we made our bed, and after we had a little ''YAY for teamwork!'' moment, I was hugging him..Now, we usually leave this little tidbit out of the story, but we got onto the subject of bjs, and swallowing.. HAHA! Basically, we were talking about how cute DD was, and how we''re excited to have another one in the future, when he brought up the fact that I could have x amount of his potential children whenever I wanted (oh yeah, charming! Pffft! :razz:). I laughed, and he laughed, I told him I loved him, he told me he loved me, and BAM! He pulled out a ring box, asked, "Would you love me any more if I gave you this?!", and opened the box..

OMFGWTFPANCAKE!

There was no official asking (yet), I didn''t cry.. I was just shocked..
He put the ring on my finger, and stated, "I''ll take that as a "yes"?!" I joked that he didn''t even ask, and he said something like, "Do I really need to?", he asked, I said, "OF COURSE! OMGGG, BABEEEE!", we hugged, and kissed, and then we ran downstairs to tell the family (which was only DD, great-grandma, my Dad, and his parents at the time).

Actually, we got downstairs, and B said to my Dad, "I decided to give your daughter an early Christmas present!", and shoved my hand in his face, LOL! He congratulated us, hugged me, shook B''s hand..B''s Mum LOST IT! She was a bawling, a shaking as she hugged me, which got me going, too. Well, I think that''s when the shock wore off, and it actually hit me..
B''s Dad was next to cry, followed by both B''s Mum, and great-grandma to tell us that they were over the moon for us, etc., etc..

B''s Mum is already super excited to plan with me, talking about going gown shopping, and dates (when I told her my possible date probably wouldn''t work because of brotherJ''s date, she suggested getting married this year, instead!). She loves my venue choice (well, dream venue), and wants to check it out ASAP.. really, she''s been nothing short of great these past couple of days! In fact, besides brotherJ, and his fiancée (I think they''re upset that people are excited for us, instead of focusing on their engagement, now.. in fact, when a neighbour asked if we had plans, he jumped in, and rambled off theirs, instead), people have been really excited for us, which is nice. I figured people would sort of be like, "Whatever, they''ve been together for so long, blah, blah, blah", but that''s totally not the case!

Anyway, no plans have been set, and B are going to make a plan of attack, soon (where/when we want to get in the future, in regards to a house/the wedding, etc.), but I''ll be sure to update.. right now we''re just enjoying this phase! It''s not a race, and we''re just kind of relishing in happiness, so, we''re good.. grand.. great.. WONDERFUL!Now, the ring:It''s not the one I originally picked out as a fave, but it was my second choice. It sparkles like MAD, which I''m sad I can''t get in pictures.. it''s basically a round brilliant, surrounded by a 9 stone halo, with 14 stones down the 1.5mm-ish band.. it''s so dainty, and so GORGEOUS! The cool thing about it, too, is that it has a set of bigger ''prongs'' around the halo, so the centre/halo looks like one big diamond if you don''t look closely.. ;] But, let me just show you (I really need a new camera, as these were taken with the macro setting):

ring15detail.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
YIKES! That''s huge.. lemme resize these, lol!
Catch me in 5..
3.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
On our DD''s homemade ornament!

ring24orn.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Chillin'' with a decoration..

ring23dec.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Good fire in the kitchen!
3.gif
2.gif

ring12fire.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
More detail..

ring27ooh.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock

ring9detail2.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Last one!

ring13more.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
OMG, MrsH!!! HOORAY!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Your ring is just lovely! So dainty and sparkly!!! And omg your proposal made me giggle!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats! Your ring looks perfect on your hand.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your new sparkly!

What a stunner! You are such a lucky woman - as is your new fiance!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY I am in love with that ring.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
I love Christmas proposals. My FI proposed at 1 minute past midnight on Christmas day 2006. There's nothing like a knock out surprise proposal
1.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and beautiful ring.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Congrats, lady! I''m so happy for you
1.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!

you are totally right, it DOES look like a huge diamond in the middle, what a great way to get that look for those with a tighter budget.

it''s an amazing ring, and if you dont mind, i may steal the design for one of my friends who is struggling to achieve the look she wants.

is that ok mrsHtobe??

very many congratulations!!!

36.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your Christmas engagement! Your ring is very pretty!

Express

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
And what a gorgeous ring!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats - I''m sure you''re thrilled with what Santa brought!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! And you''re right that your ring doesn''t give off the traditional halo look as it does sort of look like one bigger diamond from the distance. Enjoy the next phase of planning!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
OOhh its lovely MrsH
30.gif
congrats again, and enjoy being enfianced
36.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I am thrilled for you!!!!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!! It really does look like one big diamond! It is so gorgeous!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies!
The shock still hasn''t worn off.. I''m over-the-moon!

Date: 12/27/2009 10:06:28 AM
Author: luckynumber

it''s an amazing ring, and if you dont mind, i may steal the design for one of my friends who is struggling to achieve the look she wants.

is that ok mrsHtobe??
36.gif

That''s more than okay, lucky! ;]
Good luck to your friend.. I hope she ends up with the ring of her dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results