shape
carat
color
clarity

NJ/NY Brides...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone see The Palace at Somerset Park in Somerset, NJ featured on David Tutera''s "My Fair Wedding"?? I love David Tutera, I''ve worked with him before....did a great job that episode! I love that show (all WE TV shows, guilty pleasure I must admit!) For nyc/nj brides, check out The Palace, very nice venue. They do an amazing job...very elegant, very beautiful space, and amazing food/service. (Ask for Christie, she''s awesome.)

Anyone else watch those WE-TV shows? Platinum Weddings,Whose Wedding is is Anyway, My Fair Wedding, Bridezillas...or on style network, Say Yes to the Dress, Amazing Wedding Cakes, etc. Am I the only dork that watches all those? LOL
5.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I don''t live on the east coast (although I used to live in Philadelphia, so I know a little about the area) but my BF was gone and and had a whole Friday night to myself with the TV. I watched "say yes to the dress" and this show about this married couple who plans weddings. It was fun, but my jaw dropped to the floor when the female said that the starting budget for her work was 100k. I guess I just live in a different world.

I know you are a NY wedding planner so it is pretty normal to you, but for me, it was a shock. I don''t think I want to watch that show too much because I don''t want those weddings to be a standard I measure my future wedding to.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t watch them all regularly*, but I know the nights that they''re on. WEtv and TLC help me "decompress" after really long, stressful days.

Say Yes To The Dress, Bulging Brides, My Fair Wedding, the new TLC wedding planning one (though I wasn''t wowed), Masters of Reception, Bridezillas, nearly any cake-related show (though I don''t like the WEtv one)... Hm... What else is there? Apparently there''s a "Wedding Channel" that can be ordered through Dish Network. It''s a mash-up of all the wedding related shows from all the different networks.

I think that some of the shows are fun, and they put wedding planning into perspective for me. More often than not I think, "That bride is acting CRAZY," or "I would NEVER spend 14k on a dress!," or "The wedding cake is NOT the main focus of a wedding, I only care that mine tastes good," or " I don''t need my bar to also be a fish tank." .... and so on and so forth. Instead of *wanting* what''s on the shows, I usually think the featured bride and groom are out of their minds.

*I do watch Bridezillas every week, as does FI. And the latest episode with the Florida theatre-loving bride was one of the WORST (and by worst, I mean best) episodes i''ve ever seen. She made me want to rip my hair out. Fabulous.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love Platinum Weddings! So many wonderful ideas and looks to give you ideas. It is so much more pleasant to watch than Bridezillas. That show just makes me sad!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 12:50:45 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I don''t think I want to watch that show too much because I don''t want those weddings to be a standard I measure my future wedding to.

UGH tell me about it! Occupational hazard I guess....those wedding''s are now my "standard" and nothing else will be good enough.
20.gif
Maybe I''ll just elope! LOL

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 9:46:10 PM
Author: NakedFinger
Date: 10/4/2009 12:50:45 AM

Author: LtlFirecracker

I don''t think I want to watch that show too much because I don''t want those weddings to be a standard I measure my future wedding to.

UGH tell me about it! Occupational hazard I guess....those wedding''s are now my ''standard'' and nothing else will be good enough.
20.gif
Maybe I''ll just elope! LOL

You don''t get a discount for being in the industry and making several referrals???
31.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are LOTS of great places in NJ for a wedding...just a matter of how much you''re willing to pay for that wonderful wedding.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results