shape
carat
color
clarity

Nix on the pave -- new setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, that is exactly what keeps happening to me. I too have tried the boiling trick. It stays nice for a very short time and then the gray shading and spots show back up. It drives me CRAZY!!!! I have done the acid baths too.
7.gif
I feel as if I am to picky but I see it constantly... How did your jeweler act when you kept return to have it cleaned?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
What did your hubby say when you changed settings again??? Thanks

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Woobug, my jeweler just explained about the nature of the design (no drilled seats -- metal completely covering the back behind the melee) and that it didn''t allow for build up to escape during cleaning. My hubby is long suffering. Fortunately for him this is the only thing I have been so indesicive about. Most other things I reasearch, make a decision and stick with it. Hubby is fine with it and rolls his eyes, saying I should have listened to him in the first place, LOL! He doesn''t believe I''ll stick with this settinhg either, but if I change it again, I''ll keep this ring as it is and just start over -- but I don''t forsee that happening, honestly. I want to move on.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I feel the same way... I am so over this setting and all of my issues. I love love love my setting and hate all of the issues I have encountered with the side stones.... Jeweler keeps saying baguettes collect dire and show dirt really easy. I hadn''t heard of anyone else having my issues. I am almost embarrassed to talk about it on pricescope because of all my delimas and changes so when I read your issues I was LIKE OH MY someone else has my issues.... Do you like your setting as much. Do you miss the diamond bling. My hubby just shakes his head and laughs...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I do like it a lot, and I can''t say I like it more or less than the other ring -- they are just totally different. I like this ring for the long haul, though, and see myself wearing it forever. It is the kind of ring that doesn''t reveal my socioeconomic "rank" -- it''s something that a really wealthy or very middle class woman would wear here where I live. I really like that. It takes the pressure off of feeling others thinking, "I wonder where the money for that came from." or "Gee, is that all they could afford?" Yet it''s still sparkly, stylish and fun to wear. It''s just the best of all worlds for me, though I''m sure it''s a style not everyone would prefer. It just suits me.

Woo, do you have an ultrasonic cleaner? Bags definitely do need to be squeaky clean to sparkle, unlike rbs, which don''t sparkle nearly as much when dirty, but do still sparkle somewhat. My baguettes were not the problem, it was the melee. Can you see your baguettes from underneath the setting? If so, you should be able to clean them pretty easily. I used to ultrasonic my ring while I took a shower, then rinse with hot water and dry with a blow dryer. It got the baguettes brilliantly clean.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
lumpkin, thank you for your feedback... I too get those comments about my current setting.... Yes it is the baguettes. Due to the way my diamonds are set you can''t get under them. They set right on the platinum...There is a gray haze under them.. I noticed it right after the sized the ring.. Jeweler sat it in the bath but still there
7.gif
I clean daily ....no luck.... I am so over the side diamonds....

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here are some more pictures. I got some time and some sunlight and some help from hubby. He lent a shoulder for me to put my hand on so I wouldn''t move, and he''s a pretty good anchor.
emsmile.gif

kellysrbsol1.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I may have to up the resolution on my next set of pictures. They seem a little unsharp, but they are not out of focus at all on my screen until I upload them. Hopefully this one is a little better.

kellysrbsol2.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Another.

kellysrbsol3.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Side profile.

kellysrbsol4.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now. I will take more the next chance I get at a different time of day. Hopefully tomorrow morning.

kellysrbsol5.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

NOW I can see it! I really like it, but I''m partial to wide bands. And I LOVE the view looking down your finger!

That was so nice of hubby, tell him good work.
9.gif
And your pics are great, very sharp!
3.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Love the new pics! Nothing like sunlight to bring out the beauty!!!
10.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! It is just beautiful... Is it two tone???

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies! Yes, Woo, it is two tone, but the yellow gold is not as bright yellow as some, but the white is super white.

Here is another picture that I''m not sure why I didn''t already upload.

secondarythumb.aspx

I tried to make it bigger but I didn''t take the picture with enough resolution. It''s too grainy larger. Too bad, kind of a nice shot.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love the two-tone. Your ring is really unique. It is really a lovely design. did I mention that I LOVE the two-tone?

shay

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
I love your new setting!! It''s so sleek and clean looking. I love the high polish look. It would even look awesome by itself, and also, if you wanted to experiment, with a plain high polish band too. Very nice!!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I really love it! I think the proportions of the diamond to the ring and the ring size are really elegant.

I''m sort of amazed at how much attention it gets when I''m out. It''s such an understated design that I really didn''t expect it to attract much attention, but I catch people staring at it -- much more so than before, which really surprises me. The diamond is magnificent at Hen House. "Oh, honey, I think I''d better go get some more eggs (or milk or pop or whatever little thing we might need within the next week, LOL)." I think my husband''s on to me, though.
31.gif

I''ve been wanting to get more pictures and work with my new camera, but it''s colder than a well digger''s behind outside, and no sunshine to speak of. I''ve been complaining because we''re not having a real winter, and now it''s about 17 degrees outside.
23.gif

Thank you again for the compliments.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 10:36:22 AM
Author: woobug02
lumpkin, thank you for your feedback... I too get those comments about my current setting.... Yes it is the baguettes. Due to the way my diamonds are set you can''t get under them. They set right on the platinum...There is a gray haze under them.. I noticed it right after the sized the ring.. Jeweler sat it in the bath but still there
7.gif
I clean daily ....no luck.... I am so over the side diamonds....
It really, really chaps me that they stock settings like this, and they are NOT cheap settings.
29.gif
I did my research before I got my previous setting and I found nothing about this before I bought it. I spent as much on that setting as I did on this diamond. That''s why I don''t go to that jeweler anymore. I guess there are a lot of people who just don''t care, but for the amount of money, the ring should hold up and stay beautiful much better and longer than that. Since yours is platinum, I know it wasn''t cheap either. Woo, I''d put that honker in a solitaire and wear a diamond (maybe eternity) band on either side of it, if it were mine. I think it would look dynamite.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 10:51:51 AM
Author: lumpkin
The diamond is magnificent at Hen House. ''Oh, honey, I think I''d better go get some more eggs (or milk or pop or whatever little thing we might need within the next week, LOL).'' I think my husband''s on to me, though.
31.gif
LOL!!
9.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, lumpkin, just wanted you to know the jeweler finally got all of my black spots out from under my stones :) WOOOOOO They hit with some sort of heat and they are gone. However, they told me to get a sonic cleaner... is that what you have???? WOOOOOO Thanks for your help..... STILL LOVE YOUR SETTING

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpkin, it''s totally gorgeous and suits your stone and hand to a tee!
36.gif
I love the substantialness of the shank and it''s so neat how the stone is sunken within it. Very fashionista and unique!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 10:20:56 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Lumpkin, it''s totally gorgeous and suits your stone and hand to a tee!
36.gif
I love the substantialness of the shank and it''s so neat how the stone is sunken within it. Very fashionista and unique!

Fashionista...I LOVE it! Thanks!
10.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 10:08:40 AM
Author: woobug02
wooo, lumpkin, just wanted you to know the jeweler finally got all of my black spots out from under my stones :) WOOOOOO They hit with some sort of heat and they are gone. However, they told me to get a sonic cleaner... is that what you have???? WOOOOOO Thanks for your help..... STILL LOVE YOUR SETTING
Woo, sorry, I missed your post at first. I do have an ultrasonic cleaner. Do a search on ultrasonic cleaners on the forum and you''ll get a whole lot of info on them, including recipes for cleaning solutions. I got mine on Ebay -- here''s a link to where I got it (I don''t think I''m breaking any forum rules -- if so let me know and I''ll edit out the link) http://cgi.ebay.com/IMPROVED-DIGITAL-ULTRASONIC-CLEANER-JEWELRY-WATCH-CD-1w_W0QQitemZ330079607137QQihZ014QQcategoryZ67720QQcmdZViewItem.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great choice lumpkin--and so versitile that it would look fab with or without your w/b!

cheers--Sharon

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOO Lumpkin, I just read your comment abou expensive settings and I TOTTALY AGREE!!! I paid big money for this setting with side diamonds and have had tons of issue with it
7.gif
..... I have to be honest, if the spots come back I going plain jane with no diamonds (just like you suggested). I am so tired of maintencing this ring
7.gif
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Hoping fo rhte best

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results