shape
carat
color
clarity

Nightmares!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't usually have, let alone remember the details of the odd nightmares that I have had in the past.

However, I woke up to one this morning, and was able to remember a lot of the details, which involved my handbag being stolen.

The most vivid memory is the type of handbag that was stolen - a pale pink mock croc floppy rectangular monstrosity that I would not buy in a million years!

Nearly all my bags are either black or metallic grey, except for one girly one that is round and red that I have yet to use. Pale pink is a definitely no no for me! :roll2:

No wonder it was a nightmare! :lol-2:

Has anyone got any interesting nightmares to share?

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 I am sorry you had such an unpleasant nightmare.

I dream every night but I rarely remember them. Often they are disturbing and I guess I am just working out my angst subconsciously. I wouldn't call them nightmares per se but they are often stressful.

I think last night I was dreaming about my BHRT and how the doctor isn't prescribing the right dose and med for what I need. What a thing to dream about right? :(2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy hugs to you!

I guess my nightmare came about as I was having trouble with my laptop in the last day or so after an upgrade, the fear of losing it perhaps?!

DK :confused2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I have a nightmare that I have had many times & it involves a creepy old house that has two staircases....a grand one & a small back stairs servants staircase. The whole house is lit by candles alone casting giant shadows up the walls. I am creeping up the back stairs, candle in hand when I come across a door at the top which has a burgandy red curtain draped across the doorway. The curtain is slightly lifted by one corner & as I peer under it, a sensation of absolute terror of death & ghostly apparitions take over my body. I am then whooshed upwards towards the ceiling & pinned there by an unseen force.The terror is so intence that it wakes me up or DH hears my muffled screams & shakes me awake. I've had the same or similar dream involving the same house:eek-2:

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Made in London hugs to you!

I too have had a recurring nightmare involving one of my arms being held back/down so that I could not move it. I usually woke up and found one of the pets was sitting on it and had gone kind of numb, DOH!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg's most recent nightmare...shared with permission. It's a doozy. LOL

The other week he dreamt that he could see dead people. He was talking to someone and told her that she was dead and she was very surprised at that. He pointed out she had a giant hole in her head. She said oh and walked away.

He saw all sorts of dead people walking in the street. No clue why. And then he woke up.

:eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a nightmare that I have had many times & it involves a creepy old house that has two staircases....a grand one & a small back stairs servants staircase. The whole house is lit by candles alone casting giant shadows up the walls. I am creeping up the back stairs, candle in hand when I come across a door at the top which has a burgandy red curtain draped across the doorway. The curtain is slightly lifted by one corner & as I peer under it, a sensation of absolute terror of death & ghostly apparitions take over my body. I am then whooshed upwards towards the ceiling & pinned there by an unseen force.The terror is so intence that it wakes me up or DH hears my muffled screams & shakes me awake. I've had the same or similar dream involving the same house:eek-2:

That is super scary @Made in London and like @dk168 I am sending you comforting hugs. It is always a relief to wake up after scary dreams.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG @Made in London That is a frightening dream! I would be sitting up all night with toothpicks holding my lids open so I wouldn’t sleep!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

The other week he dreamt that he could see dead people. He was talking to someone and told her that she was dead and she was very surprised at that. He pointed out she had a giant hole in her head. She said oh and walked away.

He saw all sorts of dead people walking in the street. No clue why. And then he woke up.

Ok..This is another one where I would fight off sleep..Scary @missy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok..This is another one where I would fight off sleep..Scary @missy!

Haha I would prefer his dreams to mine... LOL dreaming about poor healthcare is the true nightmare! :errrr:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did he watch the Sixth Sense before going to bed?

DK :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did he watch the Sixth Sense before going to bed?

DK :lol-2:

Bwahahaha I asked him the same thing when he shared this dream with me. Great minds @dk168...great minds. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this one quite a lot in the first 10 years of so after graduating from uni, in that I failed one or more of the modules in my final year exam, and had to repeat the entire final year.

It should be noted that I failed something every year while I was at uni, and the final year exam was the only one I passed in one go.

I was overjoyed with the results, and asked my favourite uni lecturers about them, and they said I definitely passed them all (I had heard of peeps on the borderline being pushed over as passes in the past), however, I did not have a lot to spare! :oops2::lol-2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My nightmares rarely have a plotline, or if they do I dont remember it when I wake up. The last one I had involved a skeleton grabbing my legs. I woke up and there were two cats sitting on my legs.

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
I had this one quite a lot in the first 10 years of so after graduating from uni, in that I failed one or more of the modules in my final year exam, and had to repeat the entire final year.

It should be noted that I failed something every year while I was at uni, and the final year exam was the only one I passed in one go.

I was overjoyed with the results, and asked my favourite uni lecturers about them, and they said I definitely passed them all (I had heard of peeps on the borderline being pushed over as passes in the past), however, I did not have a lot to spare! :oops2::lol-2:

I used to dream that I had signed up for a class, then forgot all about it until the end of the semester when I had to go take the final exam.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every few years I nightmare (decided the word can do double duty as a verb) that due to some archaic legal technicality I remain legally wed to my first husband and I am forced to live with him. For our entire marriage, we were always in financial peril. In the nightmare, we're living in a hovel and there is always some unidentified looming threat in the background.

This usually continues for several nights. The last time it happened, I was also lucid dreaming and getting steaming mad that I was again having the nightmare and tried changing the narrative. All I remember is that it got really weird but I vaguely remember a feeling of triumph when I awoke. I haven't had the nightmare in a long time so I hope I've banished it for good.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I once had a stolen handbag dream. I was on a roller coaster with a white Chanel flap and the girls in the car behind me stole it.

I don't have them often now but I always used to dream about getting chased by vampires and the only way to get away from them was to fly. The flying thing was always the same. I would have to start running first to gain momentum before taking off. It wouldn't work if I just stood there and tried to leap in the air. And the faster and further I ran, the higher I could fly LOL!

One recurring dream I have is one of my animals getting hurt or dying. These ones are the worst because I always wake up crying. :(2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My most disturbing nightmare was when I lived alone in a top floor apartment.
The building was Art Deco and only 3 storeys high. Because I like air, I would sleep with my windows slightly open.
in my dream I heard a noise and went to the kitchen. There I saw a pair of hands on the outside window sill ie someone had climbed up the outside of the building and was going to come in thorough my open kitchen window.
I screamed stop, go away but the hands were still there. So I grab a big knife and I chopped at the hands. There was a scream and a loud “thud”.
the fingers, severed, were still sitting on the window sill so I “flicked” them off and then closed the window.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bwahahaha I asked him the same thing when he shared this dream with me. Great minds @dk168...great minds. :)

I was thinking more the comedy, ghost town with Rocky Gervais or the quite good British comedy series Ghosts - really good one for just chilling out with - nothing too in-depth and the ghosts are nice - even the ones in the celler who died from the plague

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not nightmears as such but lots of weird not overly pleasent dreams with my mum and dad in them, in locations from long ago, only started when we moved into this house
I think its just because my inheritance paid the deposit om this house and i have lots of (nice) stuff of mum's here

Some times i think its because im too hot with too many bed covers
I hung an authentic dream catcher in my window
When i get a job i plan to purchase a bunch of rose quartz and im going to make a mobile or something

Its weird because Bruce Springsteen has this song from latest record Letter to you called I'll see you in my dreams (its queed up in the link below) and he has talked about it as a positive seeing his late freinds in his dreams

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
My most disturbing nightmare was when I lived alone in a top floor apartment.
The building was Art Deco and only 3 storeys high. Because I like air, I would sleep with my windows slightly open.
in my dream I heard a noise and went to the kitchen. There I saw a pair of hands on the outside window sill ie someone had climbed up the outside of the building and was going to come in thorough my open kitchen window.
I screamed stop, go away but the hands were still there. So I grab a big knife and I chopped at the hands. There was a scream and a loud “thud”.
the fingers, severed, were still sitting on the window sill so I “flicked” them off and then closed the window.

Omg...this just reminded me of another recurring dream I used to have. Whenever I took a nap on the family room couch, I would always dream of hands coming out of it. I did the same thing...grabbed a knife and chopped at it and I haven't had that dream since.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Daisys and Diamonds I dream about Bruce S myself.:kiss2:

I have very vivid dreams. Years of wearing PJ's to exams, yanno. But when the scary stuff comes along, I just say to myself--I don't like this dream, and I wake up. Not kidding.

cheers--Sharon

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to dream that I had signed up for a class, then forgot all about it until the end of the semester when I had to go take the final exam.

This is EXACTLY the dream I have every so often. When I was in school it freaked me out. Now, bot so much. But it's that weird feeling of "I forgot about that class and now all this stuff is due" that makes me think I may be forgetting something in my waking life.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Though my “best” night time adventure was when I woke in the middle of the night with a huge spider on my face (we have lots of spiders here in Australia).
So I very stealthily got ready with my right hand and I slapped the spider hard enough to kill it.
Except it wasn’t a spider.
It was my left hand. My left arm was “over behind my head” so my left hand was completely and utterly numb and that was what was touching my face.
Now fully awake after smacking myself hard in face, like hard enough to bruise, I’m lying in bed with an ice pack on my face and THE absolute worst case of pins and needles as the circulation returned back to my hand and arm.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

@Daisys and Diamonds I dream about Bruce S myself.:kiss2:

I have very vivid dreams. Years of wearing PJ's to exams, yanno. But when the scary stuff comes along, I just say to myself--I don't like this dream, and I wake up. Not kidding.

cheers--Sharon

I only have awful Bruce related dreams where i can't get tickets

How fortunate you can wake yourself up
i know not to watch scary or violent or otherwise yucky stuff on tv too late at night

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Though my “best” night time adventure was when I woke in the middle of the night with a huge spider on my face (we have lots of spiders here in Australia).
So I very stealthily got ready with my right hand and I slapped the spider hard enough to kill it.
Except it wasn’t a spider.
It was my left hand. My left arm was “over behind my head” so my left hand was completely and utterly numb and that was what was touching my face.
Now fully awake after smacking myself hard in face, like hard enough to bruise, I’m lying in bed with an ice pack on my face and THE absolute worst case of pins and needles as the circulation returned back to my hand and arm.

Still better than waking up to a real spider !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about dreams you need to go to the loo but can't find one? - or there is no privacy or you go to work naked
i say they definatly fit the nightmare category

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a nightmare that I was driving on the highway with our oldest son in a car seat (he is almost 14 now). Suddenly the highway became like a roller coaster and I drove off the edge into the river below.

I got out but he didn’t. The worst nightmare of my life!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a re-occurring theme with my nightmares. It's always in an old house and the landscape while somewhat familiar feels cold and alien. There is the sense of dread. And every time I have a nightmare like this I can remember a previous nightmare as I am dreaming it. That unsettled feeling on waking remains for hours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results