shape
carat
color
clarity

Night Wear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Hi Guys

Hope im allowed to post here cos i''m not actually a newlywed, but I thought you guys might have the best answer to my question, even though it is a lil silly ...

I was reading an article about long term relationships and how women tend to forgo thinking about what they wear to bed because they get too comfortable (read daggy).

Anyway this just go me thinking because I''m a tank top and shorts kinda gal ... surely others don''t wear something sexy every single night
3.gif

So my question is if you feel comfortable sharing is this something you have ever given any thought?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
ok, not at newlywed here, but have been with FI for 6 years, so I thought I would weigh in.

FI is definitely visual, and I love sweats, which he is fine with, since he wears sweats and flannel pants, or basketball shorts, but he is definitely more interested when I wear something form fitting... even my black exercise pants make him chase me around the house, lol!

I love to get new fun things for him to look at, and those I might hide under a t-shirt and shorts, but I will shave and put on perfume so that he knows to explore...

Other nights, I have lots of comfy night gowns, so I can wear cotton, or sensual feeling fabrics that look more like dresses, and he really enjoys that. I get them very affordably at Marshall''s and Old Navy. Marshall''s is a God-send for cheap cute stuff if you are a smaller size (probably a 10 or smaller)

I tend to get hot when I sleep, so it works really well for me to wear something short and comfy, and FI loves catching glimpses of exposed skin, so it''s a win win. Sharing a bed definitely is a lot warmer for me, so it works for me to wear things that are a little shorter or cuter for him.

I would also suggest that if you''ve been with your man for any extended amount of time, he probably appreciates you for the way that you are, so you don''t need to change for him. However, novelty IS important in any relationship, and I would bet that spicing things up once a month would be more practical than trying to do something alluring every night. People will habituate to anything that is routine. But once every 4-6 weeks, bringing out a cuter outfit will keep things interesting without having to change your t-shirt and shorts ways
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear sexy things to bed if I''m feeling sexy, if you know what I mean . . .

Otherwise, I wear pj pants and tank tops.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
In the winter when I''m cold, I wear PJ pants and tanks, and in the summer, shorts and tanks...

...when I wear anything at all!
12.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
It varies, sometimes I will wear some satiny boxer set or a long satin sleep but mostly cause its comfy. My FI actually finds it cutest when I wear my funny PJ sets which usually cover me from head to toe. I will put stuff on specifically for ''sexy time'' but since our dog sleeps in our bed and we have to kick him out, that stuff isn''t the best to actually sleep in.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Strange you should ask, because one of my girlfriends and I recently had a somewhat long convo on this topic when we decided to go in together on a lingerie gift for a friend's bachelorette party.

I'm a tank top and shorts girl - even I usually go pretty feminine for those - short shorts and a cotton tank edged with lace, but it's definitely still more lounge wear than sexy. My friend said that she's the queen of the simple slip nightie. I have a few of those, but most of mine are more on the lingerie side with itchy lace or strange beading and ties in the back kind of things, so I had the same response as you - no way am I sleeping in that every night. My friend said ohhhh no, that I need to go with the ones that are cotton or stretchy material. So, I dug into my lingerie chest and found that I actually had a couple that fit that description. I've been rotating those into my typical pm wardrobe, and I've found that I feel more aware that my body looks good when I'm lounging around in the house and DH has definitely noticed, too.

So, I think I'm a convert to the slip nightie. I love the apartment 9 ones at Kohl's because they're super soft and age appropriate: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/apt9/womens/sleepwear.jsp?bmForm=guided_nav_search&SubcatFolderID=2534374754512973

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love wearing silky slips/chemises to bed. Helps that they look pretty darn sexy too! I wear them regardless of whether we''re going to be having sexy time or not!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m usually freezing, so I''m a t-shirt and pants girl. Sometimes sweatshirts. FI doesn''t care, as long as it''s easy to reach up my shirt.
20.gif
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess it depends on what you define as sexy - my husband isn't much into lingerie, he actually prefers the nighttime look I tend to go for anyhow (undies and a tank). Fine by me!

I have a few pretty things hanging in my closet that I've NEVER worn. Partly because he doesn't seem to care anyway, partly because I feel like they're too pretty to actually wear, and partly because I hate wearing any sort of 'dress' like thing because it just ends up uncomfortably bunched around my waist. I took one on our honeymoon and totally forgot about it until I unpacked back home.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 12:56:42 PM
Author: sunnyd
I''m usually freezing, so I''m a t-shirt and pants girl. Sometimes sweatshirts. FI doesn''t care, as long as it''s easy to reach up my shirt.
20.gif
9.gif

LOL. Ditto!
20.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like to wear long, thin, cotton nightgowns. I wear them about half the time, and the other half, nothing at all. DH certainly prefers the latter.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad you started this thread!

I was watching King of Queens the other day and the wife ALWAYS wears silky, sexy stuff to bed. I started thinking about it more, and I got really worried that I was the only one who didn''t look sexy at night! If any of you watch Madmen, Betty always wears really pretty stuff to bed too. I usually wear a T-shirt/tank top and shorts to bed. If it''s cold, I wear pants. I can''t wear anything long bc I will get tangled. I roll around a lot, and it always tangles me.

I got so much stuff for my lingerie shower, so I made myself a pact that I would wear more of the little outfits I got, but they aren''t that comfortable. And I think I would confuse my DH if I wore something like that to bed, but then he didn''t get any sexy time out of it! He would be mad!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I never (or really seldom) wore pretty things to bed before we were married, but now I do all the time. I figured that would be a fun "married" thing to do. I have several silk slips that are comfy to sleep in, and I have two babydoll sets from VS''s Soft collection that are heaven to wear, and they are ruffly, sweet, and sheer, so DH likes them too. In the winter I wear long-sleeved flannel PJs with colorful patterns on them since I get so cold. DH seems to like those a lot, too!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so comfortable I forget about wearing stuff to bed every night....and go without.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Not a PJs person...luckily FI doesn't mind
11.gif
. I really should invest in a few slinky/lacy pieces for special occasions, though.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Pajamas are overrated.
27.gif
we both sleep in our birthday suits.
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 8:27:10 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
....and go without.
Ditto. It''s actually what DH has always preferred, and it''s comfortable. Sometimes I''ll wear sexy lil'' things, but they are never worn with the intention of being slept in.

If I do wear something it''s uaually a sports bra and cotton shorts or boxers. That is usually once or twice a week. I have a bigger chest and I have a phobia that not wearing something tight up top will lead to saggy boobs sooner in life.
3.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
so interesting that so many of you sleep in the buff. We do infrequently, such as after private time, but I feel horribly uncomfortable without something on my hiney! If I''m at my house, especially in the summer, I will sleep topless, but I NEVER sleep bottomless if I can help it. I
30.gif
putzing about in my skibbies!
3.gif

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I have a few little silky nighties from V.S. but I don''t wear them very often. Both of us sleep in our undies ususally. Sometimes I wear a tank top, but never pants. I can''t stand them feeling twisted around my legs!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 11:09:42 AM
Author: meresal
Date: 8/17/2009 8:27:10 PM
I have a bigger chest and I have a phobia that not wearing something tight up top will lead to saggy boobs sooner in life.
3.gif

Me too!!!! My fave is a pretty "bralet" (non underwire lacey bra) and some undies. I feel "supported" and cute!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 11:09:42 AM
Author: meresal

I have a bigger chest and I have a phobia that not wearing something tight up top will lead to saggy boobs sooner in life.
3.gif

Glad I''m not alone! I usually wear a sports bra and shorts. As long as it''s easy to get off, DH doesn''t care.
20.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 11:28:59 AM
Author: anniee19
I have a few little silky nighties from V.S. but I don''t wear them very often. Both of us sleep in our undies ususally. Sometimes I wear a tank top, but never pants. I can''t stand them feeling twisted around my legs!
This is my main objection to all forms of sleepwear.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually sleep in the nip or wear undies and a top. I hate feeling too hot in bed so pjs are normally too warm for me.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Usually I sleep in either a tank top and shorts or a cotton nightie. I have a couple Victoria''s Secret satin nighties with a little lace also which I love and are SO comfortable (but too expensive to have a lot of them!) so I usually stick mostly to the cotton nighties and tank and shorts.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Miscka and blackpolkadot- Glad to hear there are others. I read an article one time that moisturizing will aslo help keep the skin tigher as well. Sound familiar??

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
PJs if it''s freezing cold, otherwise a pair of knickers and that''s it!

I do own a couple of silk nightdresses but I don''t ''sleep'' in them as they end up twisted all round me and I hate that. DH bought me a gorgeous one from Agent Provocateur when I was 6 months PG and lamenting that I was HUGE and would never wear anything sexy again - I''m hoping it fits when I get back from our holiday in Ireland. (Not that he''s getting anything more than a look
31.gif
)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Nekid!
2.gif
All year round (have great electric blanket!).

If I feel like a bit of attention, I slip on a satin nighty. If FI wants to give me some attention, he occasionaly leaves his favorite satin nighty on my pillow as a hint, he's so cheeky!

ETA I just want to clarify something here! I mean my nighty that's his favorite, not a nighty that he wears! lol!
9.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I like a snug cami (I hate my boobs flopping at night!), no bottoms. I move around and kick, so I''ll get tangled if I try to wear pants or even longer shorts.

My husband doesn''t care what I wear. I could be starkers or wearing three layers of bulky flannel - if he''s interested, I know.
28.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a huge response, thanks everyone so much for making the time to reply

I am pleased to see there was a huge variety of answers, none of which included I wear something sexy every night!
3.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Maybe get two Snuggies... one for Hubby, one for you! You will both be too blissfully warm and content to care about looking sexy!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results