shape
carat
color
clarity

Night beofre your wedding - where to stay?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Where are you planning to stay the night before your wedding?

Hotel with bridesmaids?

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Hotel near the ceremony reception with my two bridesmaids and my Dad is staying in the hotel too.

We are going out to dinner and will come back in the room and do face masks and watch wedding related movies! :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am staying at my house!

ETA: my mom's house...I just consider it home. I do not own a house

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm coming in from out of town, so I'll be at a hotel all weekend in a nice large suite!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
In my bed....with my fiancee.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
At my house. My best (nonfiance) friend will be staying here with me.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I stayed in a hotel suite with my two sisters. In hindsight, I would have much rather stayed alone. I had to share a bed with my little sister and I don't even particularly like my older sister. When I made the reservation for us I had kind of a "last slumber party with my sisters" idea in my head. As it turns out, my younger sister likes the room way too hot and the other one pretends that she's muslim and was up with the sunrise singing her prayers towards Mecca. Not what I had envisioned.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
I stayed in a hotel suite with my two sisters. In hindsight, I would have much rather stayed alone. I had to share a bed with my little sister and I don't even particularly like my older sister. When I made the reservation for us I had kind of a "last slumber party with my sisters" idea in my head. As it turns out, my younger sister likes the room way too hot and the other one pretends that she's muslim and was up with the sunrise singing her prayers towards Mecca. Not what I had envisioned.
This isn't funny, but it's hilarious.

I will most likely be sleeping in my hotel bed alone, unless I decide to make FI sleep with me. Still not sure about that.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I will actually be staying down the street from my home at my bridesmaids house.We are planning to watch a marathon of Harper's Island since it is technically "wedding themed" lol.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'll be staying in the suite FI and I will be spending our first night in as husband and wife. Our wedding is in Kansas City, and we're in DC, so we'll both be in from out of town. He will stay at his parent's house, where the guys will be getting ready (since it's just him and his brothers), and my bridesmaids will join me at the hotel in the morning to get ready in the suite. That way, there are no worries about checking in/checking out/who's doing what with our bags, etc etc etc.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I stayed in my house with DH (well, FI at the time). Our wedding was 45 min away, so we did get a hotel room the night after (and took the bus I hired for our guests back to the hotel so we wouldn't have to drink and drive).

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I stayed in the bridal suite with DH

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
At my house, not sure who else will be joining me as my sister will probably stay at my parents house (in her own room- wouldn't you do the same) and my other bridesmaids may stay at the hotels with their SO/husbands. So maybe it'll be just me...that's ok.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
It has always been important to me that I stay at my parent's house the night before the wedding. They have a great apartment over their garage so I'll probably have my bridesmaids there (so they don't have to spend extra $ on a hotel) and I'll stay in my old bedroom....alone ::)

This is a great question, which I hadn't previously considered. My fiance and I already live together in the home I own, so now that it's been brough to my attention, it seems to me it would be nice to spend this one night away from him so when we see each other on our wedding day, it will be extra special.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I stayed at my mom's house, with my sister. My husband was sad but he had his brothers staying with him so there was no room anyway!

A

Anonymous

I'll be staying at my FMIL's house with the girls, he'll be staying at the apartment that his sister and her family are renting for that week. At least I think that's the plan!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i already lived with my husband (FI then) when we were getting married. I REALLY wanted to stay in my own bed the night before we got married. i just feel comfortable in my own environment - he would have been more than welcome to stay there too, but he's more traditional, so he stayed at a friends house with his groomsmen, and i stayed at home with one of my bridesmaids. i still couldn't sleep though because i was so excited :wink2:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the replies. Just curious as we are in the middle of wedding plans for DD.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
We booked four rooms for all of us to get ready in, and DH actually stayed in the room across the hall from me and my BM's. Two of them stayed with me in my room, and two of DH's GM stayed with him. Surprisingly, we didn't see each other at all during makeup/dressing/etc.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH stayed at our house with 2 of the 4 groomsmen (the other two came over early the morning of the wedding) and I stayed at mum and dad's with my four bridesmaids, my best friends. It was like a good old slumber party, we ate heaps of junk, watched My Best Friend's Wedding, and needless to say, we got no sleep. HEAPS of fun, it was one of the best memories of the whole wedding! Not a patch on seeing DH at the altar after a night apart from each other, though. :bigsmile:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
stepcutgirl said:
In my bed....with my fiancee.

this is what we had planned. but that night a few family members were like, "no, you can't." so, he ended up going to stay w/his family & groomsmen in their cabin & i stayed at our house w/one of my good friends who had just gotten in town. i think my bridesmaids really wanted to stay with me too but i didn't want all of that distraction. i wanted to sleep (which was hard enough) & focus on the wedding the next morning. it worked out okay but i would have been perfectly happy sticking with the original plan.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results