shape
carat
color
clarity

nice ice advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diagnose1

Rough_Rock
Am considering purchasing a 2.15ct RB SI1 H diamond. Please could you advise me on the cut as i am unsure how to use the cut advisor.
Measurements are 8.19-8.13 x 5.13 mm TDepth 62.9% Twidth 56% crown height 16% pavilliond 43% Medium Faceted flouesence Vslightblue

Any ideas

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this EGL? From Nice Ice? The stone is a bit deep. I didn't know Nice Ice stocked diamonds like this...unless you're just wondering if this would be "nice ice."

diagnose1

Rough_Rock
yes it is EGl the nice ice does not refer to the seller

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EGL USA or overseas?

diagnose1

Rough_Rock
sorry working and trying to find a diamond not easy. Its EGL isreal, also as i have just started looking am open to any advice on purchase. The diamond would be mounted in a 18k gold channel setting with platinum prongs do not know if this will make any difference to colour of if i shoul go for lower colour. Buget $15,000

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
This diamond scored a 2.8 on the cut advisor - worth buying if the price is right. It is obviously not the best cut you can get, but if you want a big rock for a lower price this might fit the bill and look quite nice. With an EGL Israel cert, you really need to have an independant appraisal to make sure the diamond checks out, EGL Israel are said to be very soft on their clarity and colour grading so your H SI might actually be an J SI2....is this diamond eyeclean? Have you asked the vendor? Proceed with caution is my advice, personally I would be very careful here. I am wondering the same as Julie, is this Nice Ice owned by Todd? I didn't think he stocked EGL diamonds...
33.gif

If it was me, if you had a little more to spend I would far rather go a bit smaller and buy this diamond.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2408708.htm#

Or this one http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2313843.htm#

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this stone? EGL Europe is generally considered optimistic on grading, and if it would bother you if you were getting something not H SI1, you should make the sale contingent on the results of an independent appraisal.

Just throwing this one out there: http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00918003 looks like a lot of dispersed crystals... worth checking out if it's eye-clean.

diagnose1

Rough_Rock
Thankyou very much for your advice. Have not seen the diamond but am very much liking the one julie has suggested from bluenile. Have to go now but this is the begining of my search and i shall keep in contact for advice and info. Will request more information from BN if eye clean and nature of inclusion. Cheers XXXXX

One last thing diamond not for me but love of my life - from what i can gather she wants larger I cheaper. The money is much harder to earn than it is to spend. But if its worth spending on anything let it be a women.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2006 7:26:04 AM
Author: diagnose1
One last thing diamond not for me but love of my life - from what i can gather she wants larger I cheaper. The money is much harder to earn than it is to spend. But if its worth spending on anything let it be a women.
30.gif

If you want to stick to SI1: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=868690 With wire transfer and PS discount, it''s 14895.

Looks like it''s not in-house, but you can get "eye-clean" and AGS report information without having to call it in from the supplier. If it checks out, you can proceed.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 6:26:17 AM
Author: diagnose1
I...am open to any advice on purchase
Stick with GIA or AGS reports
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Of all the EGL labs, EGL Israel is notoriously inaccurate...best to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results