shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie''s first tourmaline. Okay? Setting ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
After six months of daily lurking, I can feel myself being sucked into colored gems. I bought my first tourmaline this week, from Art Cut Gems. Rick was really great about answering questions and sending other pics, and I feel like his pictures accurately represented the stone. It''s 2.61ct, 8mm x 7.5mm. I''m posting some pics I took earlier today and wondering if the stone looks okay to others.

Cloudy day, outside on patio table:

p1_tourm_outside_table.jpg

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Outside on my hand:

p1_tourm_hand_3.jpg

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Another hand shot:

p1_tourm_sapph_hand_2.jpg

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure what to do about the setting. I found this from LOGR, but not sure if it''s the look I''m going for. The stone seems a bit strong and streamlined, so I''m not sure if this will look okay or not. Maybe it''s just because I''ve never owned a halo ring before. This is for an 8 x 8 cushion, do you think my 8 x 7.5 stone would fit?

p1_logr_cush_setting.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2009 8:21:33 PM
Author: pierreone
I''m not sure what to do about the setting. I found this from LOGR, but not sure if it''s the look I''m going for. The stone seems a bit strong and streamlined, so I''m not sure if this will look okay or not. Maybe it''s just because I''ve never owned a halo ring before. This is for an 8 x 8 cushion, do you think my 8 x 7.5 stone would fit?
Your tourmaline reminds me of the exact color of a tsavorite. I love the blue stone ring you have by the way, sapphire?? Very nice!!

I think it will fit in the LOGR, and I think white gold is the way to go.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
TL, thanks for chiming in about the stone and the setting. I''m excited to hear you say it looks like a tsavorite. I actually just bought a small round tsavorite from Swala for my mom''s Christmas present (hasn''t arrived yet) and was wanting something similar (but cheaper and bigger). This makes me very happy!

Yes, the blue stone is a sapphire - it''s my 20-year anniversary ering upgrade made by Brian Gavin. Here''s the thread if you''re interested.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 8:24:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Your tourmaline reminds me of the exact color of a tsavorite. I love the blue stone ring you have by the way, sapphire?? Very nice!!

pierreone Nice tourmaline and I went to the sapphire link too. Stunning sapphire!

TL - I''m intrigued and trying to figure out what you meant. Did you mean the ideal colour for Tsavorite?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2009 9:02:33 PM
Author: klewis

pierreone Nice tourmaline and I went to the sapphire link too. Stunning sapphire!

TL - I''m intrigued and trying to figure out what you meant. Did you mean the ideal colour for Tsavorite?
Klewis,
I simply said it reminded me of a tsavorite. I really don''t want to get into semantics of the different color variations of tsavorites in her thread. It would be disrespectful of the OP.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 9:31:28 PM
Date: 11/14/2009 9:02:33 PM

Author: klewis

Klewis,

I simply said it reminded me of a tsavorite. I really don''t want to get into semantics of the different color variations of tsavorites in her thread. It would be disrespectful of the OP.

My question was not a challenge TL - I didn''t want, nor did I expect you to get into the semantics of tsavorite colour variations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results