shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie w/ questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nwphew

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My first question is about Oligoclase. Does anyone here have any faceted Oligoclase? I was approached by an individual about purchasing a parcel of Oligoclase, but I didn''t have enough knowledge about the gem. I saw a very few websites that actuallly supply the gem, so I''m a little curious about it.

I''m also interested in know why there really isn''t much said about the Baringo Ruby from Kenya. I actually had the oppurtunity to see some pieces and they were stunning. Its rare to hear about the ruby from Kenya, but I''m not sure as to why.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oligoclase is a pretty inexpensive stone, and the color is not that impressive, so you don''t see a lot of it around, nor is it talked about much.

As far as the Lake Baringo Ruby, you won''t see much about it either as there just isn''t much of it to go around. It''s not the kind of stone you will find in your typical jewelry store. The stones are for the most part very small, not shaped well for high yields, so anything close to 1 ct is very rare. They are however natural, untreated, and very pretty stones. The color is more of a hot pink/red, than the classic Burma red ruby.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results