shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie vendor question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgator

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie here so forgive me if this has been asked or if i should be posting elsewhere. I have been shopping for a wedding band for my wife and the best place i have found for price and what you get is Sun Jewelry.

Has anyone had any experience with or know anything about Sun Jewelry? They seem to be reputable and the customer service has so far been excellent. How is their quality?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 8:09:24 PM
Author:diamondgator

the best place i have found for price and what you get is Sun Jewelry.
hey diamondgator
35.gif

your statement above has me curious... if you have never purchased from them, how do you surmise that they ''have the best price for what you get''?

diamondgator

Rough_Rock
I guess i should have said ''based on what they say you get''. In other words, for what i''m looking for they seem to have the best price. The one thing i''m not sure of is quality. If they provide what they say they do (size, color, clarity) then it seems like a great deal. That is why I asked specifically about quality.

Thanks!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
"The best place for the price" is an interesting statement. Do you know exactly the quality you are getting? Not all diamonds are created equal. Neither is the quality of workmanship on the jewelery. What kind of band are you shopping for? Would you mind showing us the piece, or a link to the piece?

I''m not familiar with Sun Jewelery.

diamondgator

Rough_Rock
Sure. When I say what you get - as a newbie to all this I''m looking at carat size, clarity, and color. Here is a link to a similiar band. http://sunjewelry.com/ab1176.html

The one I''m looking at would be almost like this, except instead of 7 diamonds it will have 12. They have quoted me a price to make this custom.

Thanks!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Someone posted an antique setting from them on this board and it did not look well made. It was engraved so that could be the difference, but I would probably not buy anything from a vendor if I saw one piece that looked chintzy.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Is what you are looking for more like this band?
From Suwagem.

Channel S_prin.jpg

diamondgator

Rough_Rock
Yes, PS - that is beautiful. Although I can''t see if diamonds go all the way around. I''m not looking for an eternity band. Where is that from?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 8:55:14 PM
Author: ChooChoo
Someone posted an antique setting from them on this board and it did not look well made. It was engraved so that could be the difference, but I would probably not buy anything from a vendor if I saw one piece that looked chintzy.
oh yes! i remember that now...YIKES!
23.gif
that was not a quality piece at all. keep looking diamondgator!

ashanns

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondgator

I had asked about Sun Jewelry on Pricescope a while back as well. Here’s the link to my thread. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think-about-this-engagement-ring.35024/

I was doing research on them and compared prices with other vendors as well. Their prices couldn’t be beat by anyone. They had many happy customers and I actually emailed some of their past customers to check on their quality. I also suggest that whatever advice you get from this forum, check with local jewelry stores as well. I asked the same question from this forum to my local jewelry store and got some different answers and advice. Ultimately, I did purchase from Sun Jewelry and was very happy that I did. The picture on their website absolutely did not do the ring justice at all. You can not capture fire and brilliance in a 2 dimensional picture. I saved hundreds of dollars, but what is more important is that my wife loves her ring and gets many complements wherever she goes. The way my wife proudly displays her ring and gets a smile from every complement is priceless!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do I feel we're watching a Sun Jewelry advertisement? Call me skeptical, but every single post ashanns has posted has a link to Sun Jewelry or is a testimonial to their incredible quality.

I mean no offense and maybe this company is really fabulous, but something seems amiss to me??

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Yes, every single post from ashanns is about how great Sun Jewelry is....

I''m sure there is some affiliation.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
hmmmmm I feel that way about all the wf fans. Never heard of Sun jewelers.
emotion-18.gif

hehehehehehe

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/9/2006 9:03:38 PM
Author: Pricescope
Is what you are looking for more like this band?
From Suwagem.
Suwa & son is a extremely high quality line from Japan. Dealt with them years ago but they seem to come and go from the US market. There''s no comparison with what they do and this other company.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 4:21:18 PM
Author: ashanns
Hi Diamondgator

I had asked about Sun Jewelry on Pricescope a while back as well. Here’s the link to my thread. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think-about-this-engagement-ring.35024/

Quote from previous post :

"I had the ring checked out and appraised by a local jewelry store over the weekend. The appraiser said he was very impress with the style and quality and appraised it for more that 2 ½ times what I paid!"
Dear ashanns, could you please share with us who has apprised your ring, was it one of PS listed appraisers?

ashanns

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 11:15:26 AM
Author: Pricescope
Date: 2/10/2006 4:21:18 PM

Author: ashanns

Hi Diamondgator

Quote from previous post :

''I had the ring checked out and appraised by a local jewelry store over the weekend. The appraiser said he was very impress with the style and quality and appraised it for more that 2 ½ times what I paid!''

Dear ashanns, could you please share with us who has apprised your ring, was it one of PS listed appraisers?

Hi,
Sun Jewelry suggested that they could send the diamond to David Atlas, a fellow Pricescoper, who could appraise the diamond before I purchased it. However, it would have taken longer and I was under a time constraint so I had it appraised locally at Bailey Banks and Biddle here in Virginia.

AW

ashanns

Rough_Rock
Hello Kimberly

Yes, I agree with all the White Flash fans, it makes me wonder as well. To be honest, I just Googled for diamond engagement rings and Sun Jewelry showed up, never heard of White Flash till I found Pricescope.

AW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results