shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie questions on EC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nick9c

Rough_Rock
I have a couple of questions...I''ve been looking at an Emerald Cut diamond for my future fiancee and the diamond I''m looking at is listed by multiple sellers...does this mean anything is wrong with the diamond? It''s also listed at different prices...with a difference of nearly $1,000 between the highest and lowest priced vendor. Why wouldn''t just one vendor buy the diamond outright and sell directly?

I am also having a dilemna of deciding whether there is going to be a huge difference to the naked eye between a G-colored or F-colored Emerald cut...I am looking for something in the 1.25-1.5 ct range, with clarity between VS1-SI1. Will you see a difference between an F & G colored EC at that size?

The diamond I''m currently looking at is:
1.52 G VS2
D: 64.2
T: 63
No culet
No fluor.
Sym: VG
Polish: VG
L/W ratio: 1.35
Girdle: Sl thick - thick

Any thoughts?

Sashabella

Rough_Rock
IMHO non-expert opinion, EC''s show colour the most out of any stone I have seen. It''s the one cut where it pays to get a smaller stone, lower clarity or pay more for an F or otherwise colourless stone. However, I am very sensitive to colour. If you or your fiance is sensitive to colour, get the F because the EC will show colour differences.

I love EC''s. I would have gotten one but they don''t look great on my hand. However, my granny has one (colourless) that is stunnig.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results