shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie: Question about a 3 stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was just going to say the only thing i would caution is that when you make a 3 stone with 2 existing stones you HAVE to match the quality and look of the center stone to the side stones. that is probably why i wouldn't use side stones that were not top cut quality, but that's just me...i'm picky like that. sometimes people come on here and want to get an ideal cut center and then have two other random stones handed down from someone that are not the best cut and that will just create a really funky looking 3 stone ring!!!

but it sounds like isaac is going to take your 2 stones and try to match up a center so that's good, the only caveat i would say is that if your side stones are not well-cut but they are large enough to SEE that they aren't that well cut (aka .50c each may show that), it may take away from the center stone, even if the center is a princess that returns tons of light, and being that cut quality and excellent sparkle is my most important thing in a ring, i wouldn't be happy with that outcome as i want all three stones in any type of ring to be stunning....so anyway just my super picky cut quality thoughts. i'd just make sure that isaac felt that all three stones could work visually together in a positive way.

but if the side stones aren't that well cut and you want an excellently well-cut ring, i'd keep them for another project and build the 3 stone from scratch. whatever you decide, good luck!

bmathews

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 3:02:49 PM
Author: Mara
i was just going to say the only thing i would caution is that when you make a 3 stone with 2 existing stones you HAVE to match the quality and look of the center stone to the side stones. that is probably why i wouldn''t use side stones that were not top cut quality, but that''s just me...i''m picky like that. sometimes people come on here and want to get an ideal cut center and then have two other random stones handed down from someone that are not the best cut and that will just create a really funky looking 3 stone ring!!!

but it sounds like isaac is going to take your 2 stones and try to match up a center so that''s good, the only caveat i would say is that if your side stones are not well-cut but they are large enough to SEE that they aren''t that well cut (aka .50c each may show that), it may take away from the center stone, even if the center is a princess that returns tons of light, and being that cut quality and excellent sparkle is my most important thing in a ring, i wouldn''t be happy with that outcome as i want all three stones in any type of ring to be stunning....so anyway just my super picky cut quality thoughts. i''d just make sure that isaac felt that all three stones could work visually together in a positive way.

but if the side stones aren''t that well cut and you want an excellently well-cut ring, i''d keep them for another project and build the 3 stone from scratch. whatever you decide, good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I will work with isaac in making the ring and I am sure he will let me know if they will not work well with a well cut center stone in the ring.

I have not sent him that picture yet but I will in my next email to him.

Thanks for all the help.

Bryan

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend of mine has a 3-stone Ering with a princess centre stone and a round either side (I think 1ct or thereabouts in the centre, and .75ct either side??? Something like that). All three stones are bezel set and she wears a thin RB channel set eternity ring with diamond all the way around, on either side of the Ering. The set is TO DIE FOR!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results