shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needs help with stone specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the forum and would appreciate any help that i can get. I recently picked out a stone but am a little concerned about the proportions. I was hoping that either my concerns will be eliminated or confirmed before I make the final decision.

My concerns are with the girdle being so thin (the salesman said "It would really have to be smashed in order to chip") and that it may be cut too shallow. It performed well in the HCA however, it was borderline a stone for earrings and pendants (i''m looking to set it in a ring).

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

Here are the specs:

Round Stone GIA CERT

Measurements: 6.41-6.45x3.79
Carat Weight: 9.2
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Girdle: Extremely Thin to Thin, Faceted

Depth: 58.9%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 31.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Culet: NONE

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey nn
35.gif
welcome to ps!

i believe your concerns are valid. if you are seriously interested in this diamond, i would suggest having it checked by an independent appraiser. you need to find out how much of that girdle is ''extremely thin''.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Run the price by doing a pricescope search for similar diamonds. Many of them will be of better cut. See how it competes for asking price and cut quality. It seems a little on the shallow side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results