shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie, looking to find out what he can get...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttby4444

Rough_Rock
Ok found this forum after doing some searching. TONS of great info here especially for a novice like me. I am getting ready to pop the question late this summer. Obviously need to start looking for the rock. So I''ve narrowed it down to a setting I know she''ll like. Lucinda/VATCHE setting. The Tiffany''s price is to much so I think I am going with the later. Now I am looking to spend about 4500. My question is, with that amount what type of ring should I be able to get? I understand this is a very general question but not knowing much I want to have a range as to what I should be able to purchase, and most importantly NOT GET RIPPED OFF!

I wanted to get her a princess cut diamond but I am not sure if that setting can take one. How much should I pay for that style setting. (platinum or white gold) How big a stone can I get. What grades ranges should I be looking at?

Sorry for all the novice questions but in reading and searching the posts I have gotten allot of different answers.

Thanks

ttby4444

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. Your right that is an amazing ring. Perfect size too. hehe

Do you have any idea on the range? 4500? I did a quick search and seems like I can manage a 1.0ct rock on that setting. Of course this is just taking online prices from retailers. I would hope I could get it cheaper if I haggled and shopped around.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I have to suggest that you have a look on the pricescope comparison, or go to diamond.info and try the searches there to see what you can come up with. It''s a great starting point and a terrific point of reference, if nothing else - could be you''ll find a terrific jeweler to deal with, as well.

I am shopping for a great diamond/setting, as well, and my budget isn''t far off of yours - but I''m looking for an emerald cut stone, which makes the rules a little different, I guess.

Happy shopping!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you buy a stone from somebody like WhiteFlash, they make custom settings that may end up being priced lower thaqn a designer setting like the Vatche. So keep that in mind as you compare prices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results