shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie in need of help !! Guidance on Stone Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noobster

Rough_Rock
Hey All,

Ive been lurking on the boards for a little while now and am very impressed with the knowledge and willingness of people to help here.
I was hoping I could get some opinions on the diamond below :

Shape : Round Brilliant
Measurements : 7.75 - 7.78 x 4.75
Weight : 1.74

Depth : 61.2%
Table : 57%
Girdle : Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet : None

Polish : Good
Symmentry : Good

Clarity : VS1
Color : H
Fluorescence : None

Currently this is all the info I have available off the GIA report.
I am told it is considered an "Ideal" cut but am looking for guidance on this.
Pretty much Im looking for opinions on what you folks think of this diamond and an approximate ballpark amount as to what a fair price would be.
Any insights are most welcomed and GREATLY appreciated !
Thanks very much, you folks make this site awesome !!
1.gif

Noob E.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Noobster, welcome to the forum
21.gif

I plugged the measurements, depth and table into Diamcalc and it can be ideal cut but we cannot tell exactly without more information like crown and pavilion angles.

You can search for the similar diamonds listed in the internet. I found stones listed at $13,000-$14,000. In the local brick-and-mortar store the price might be a bit higher.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
So, there's 2 questions..one you asked, and one you didn't.

For price, not sure exactly about "fair," since if you're shopping local, there may be services you'd be getting that have a value to you, you'd like to assess. But, here, with that size unusually hard to duplicate, something like $13,000 is probably about the price, based on taking an average price of $7100 per carat, and then adding (from what I read here) approx 10% to that, based on it's size over 1.5 carats. That's probably not a terrible guess, but I'm not an expert, and listen to other opinion, too. (and edited to add...I see admin would go a bit higher, and looking further, I do see one comprable here, found on the search by cut database. WF I find to be dead on for pricing, and they do carry a high percentage of all the diamonds found "in stock" for the vendors listed here, with all these found on the "search by cut" database. So maybe a spread of $14 - $16 is more representative).

From even light reading here, though, and based on your recognition that that's all the info you have on the GIA report...on question #2, you could do well to -- at those prices, or any price-- determine it's not sufficient to have the jeweler's word that it's ideal (or ipso facto, with the given numbers, call it ideal), and get further definition of this, yourself. If you haven't yet, read the tutorial, and at least try to get crown & pavilion angles. If your jeweler balks, or hangs a high price tag on that, info here will give you tips on where that can be secured, but options exist for $20 or so for this service, minus shipping charges.

Don't settle, when you don't' have to.

Best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results