shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Here I need the Help of the Board.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Supercomputers

Rough_Rock
Ok Guys I am working within a budget of 10,000 for the stone. Here is the Dilema

I have 2 choices here.

1. I went to a local highend Jewlery store that has been in business for over 100 years. The salesmen that I know showed me a Lazar Kaplan 1.41 Carat SI2 Color I stone. The stone had all kinds of fire and I really liked it. It comes with an AGS certificate. The cut is Ideal I did not even ask for all the specs that I now know to look for. We looked at this stone after deciding that I could not afford there Hearts and Fire line and I could not really tell the difference by looking at them side by side. He is looking for 8,750.00 for this stone.

2. I received a quote from a vendor on this site Whiteflash.com. It was for there top of the line stone it was a Hearts and Arrows stone. Here is the link to the stone I have on Hold.
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-703943.htm I have never seen this stone in person and the stone is bigger and the specs look nice. They want 9,300.00 for this stone.

What do you guys think about the 2, Is White Flash worth dealing with and would you go with the stone they offered or should I go with the local guy where I saw the stone.

So confused all you experts Please give me a hand.

I need Help

Thanks
Dave

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id snag the aca given those picks.
Add tax to the local diamond and its just as much for a smaller diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would rather have the WhiteFlash H stone than the I from the jeweler. It is a superideal, too (equivalent to Hearts On Fire). I would ask WF if the stone looks eye clean since it is an SI2. It looks great in the magnified picture, though! There are so many people on this forum who have bought from WF, that I think there is nothing to lose.

Supercomputers

Rough_Rock
So WhiteFlash is reputable. Thats good to here, Also I could have the local guy ship the diamond to my office out of state so I could avoid the tax.

Are Lazar Kaplan high end stones? The one from White Flash is supposed to be the better line This Hearts and Arrows Line. Is it worth spending the extra money for this?

I just want to do the best I can for my money. So White Flash looks Like the better deal? The girl Jamie told me the stone is Eye Clean.

All the input you guys have is greatly appreciated Thanks to all who reply

Dave

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lazar Kaplan are well cut diamonds.

Supercomputers

Rough_Rock
Guys any more comments from the vets out there. SO do you think the Hearst and Arrows is the better buy?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LK,HoF,ACA are all branded stones. out of the 3 brand,ACA would be the least expensive for the same quality cut.
2.gif

Supercomputers

Rough_Rock
Ok guys so whats the final word. I am depending on you all to put me in the right direction on these two stones.

Dave

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Id go with the ACA if the extra money isnt an issue.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Dave,

Why don''t you just trust but verify...you have 10 days to return your WF stone. Buy it, walk it in to your local shop, and compare. I think you''ll be happy with the WF choice, but don''t trust...verify. You''ll also probably have a local place to get future assistance with things, as well, if you let him know you''re keeping him in the loop. (Or, of course, he may hate you worse for even bothering him...but he''s got a public store, and you can at least use him to do a real world test).

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the better color, bigger stone - Whiteflash.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I''d go for the ACA too. Wait a minute, I did get an ACA.
2.gif
I love mine.

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
ACA all the way!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 1:54:28 PM
Author: ChooChoo
My vote is for the better color, bigger stone - Whiteflash.

ditto
1.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
I''d definately go for the ACA..as others mentioned, bigger and better color. I have Lazare Kaplan and they are great stones but I''d take the ACA any day. Also, I''ve looked at HOF diamonds...they are nice but ACAs have better tolerances/numbers.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 11:45:18 AM
Author: Regular Guy
Dave,

Why don''t you just trust but verify...you have 10 days to return your WF stone. Buy it, walk it in to your local shop, and compare. I think you''ll be happy with the WF choice, but don''t trust...verify. You''ll also probably have a local place to get future assistance with things, as well, if you let him know you''re keeping him in the loop. (Or, of course, he may hate you worse for even bothering him...but he''s got a public store, and you can at least use him to do a real world test).

Good advice here.

jldunn

Rough_Rock
I think the whiteflash stone is the better buy. I in general like them as a vendor, they seem very good to work with and I''ve heard nothing but good things about them.

As a sidenote, I talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said they list new ACA diamonds every couple months and should probably have some new ones listed in March. The selection seems to be a little picked over right now. Any stone you find there is going to be a decent deal for its stats, but if you have a little time to kill you might be able to find a wider selection later on.

Also, if you get a quote on a ring you like from whiteflash you can always try to get the B&M store to bargain. They''ll usually bring the price down at least a little bit, unless it''s Tiffany''s; better for them to sell a ring for a small profit than not make the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results