shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Help!!! Cushion vs. Radiant vs. Asscher Cut

russki1313

Rough_Rock
I am looking for an e-ring for my gf. I am on a tight budget of roughly $5000.
I would like to get her a unique ring and i really like Cushion, Asscher and Radiant cut stones.

Can someone chime in on pros vs. cons of both. And where i can get the best band for my buck.
Any suggestions of stones would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have no idea what she might perfer? Asschers are considered step-cuts so they would be in a different box
then cushions and radiants. It takes a little more time to find a good asscher and you will probably need to go up
on your clarity because its easier to see inclusions in step cuts.

Tell us what your girlfriend is like...what kind of jewelry/stones does she have/wear. Is there anyone (friend/family) that
you can ask to see what she might perfer?

IMO...cushion would be the safest way to go but that doesnt mean that would be your GFs favorite.

russki1313

Rough_Rock
Im starting to lean a little more towards the cushion cut.
She really liked this David Yurman ring that got lost in the ocean, similar style to this one: http://trade.e-to-china.com/member/uploads/src/20120328144240.JPG

She also is a fan of roberto coin and likes original/unique pieces. Nothing that stands out but definitely something with character. (ie. no round diamond/princess cut but no colored stones either)

Thanks for help!!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
In addition to searching PS, I'd take a look at some of the videos that jewelers have uploaded onto YouTube (especially the comparison vids). You can get a good feel for how each shape performs and the differences between their "personalities" (ie, type of sparkle, etc). Since some jewelers also post completed rings online, hopefully you can get ideas for settings as well.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about something like this ERD 5mm cushion - http://www.engagementringsdirect.co...ut-beyond-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-106400.html - I'd ask them for a video and to confirm that it is eyeclean - and I'd send them your Yurman ring link and ask if they'd be able to customize this Adwar stock setting - http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/23776L/view - to have a bezel setting for the cushion. I estimate both diamond and setting would come in under or near your $5,000 budget, and I think it would be a gorgeous combo!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty diamond Niel picked. Put it on hold before someone else takes it. At James Allen you get to pick three and have their gemologist examine them and give you ASETs. Post the results here and people will help you pick your diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results