shape
carat
color
clarity

New Yorkers -- Fancy Diamond Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
And it''s going your way!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock

Bah! It''s not coming to LA . . . Boo!

Have you seen it, Harriet?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I''m waiting for you.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Here I come Harriet!!! I wish! I''d love to get to NY, but, with my new improved super duper crazy schedule that won''t happen for at least a little while. DH made a crack about needing to fly to NY to pick something up from Leon, but, I KNOW he was kidding. We went to Harry Winston a few weeks ago and I''ve been in a bling mood since!
9.gif
He''s been teasing me something fierce!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aren''t they cruel? The other half asked me, before our wedding, "What''s the name of that gold brand you like?" Wedding day comes and goes and nada. It turned out that he was asking out of curiosity.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Argh! Maddening! My DH does things exactly like that...Of course right before an anniversary or something. If there is something I really really want I need to be very specific and send links, or visit our jeweler before and leave them with a list, etc. On his defense, when he does try to surprise me it doesn''t ever work out for him. I think he''s given up.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine claims that my standards are so high he can''t buy anything for me. This comes from a man who has my dealer and Leon''s contact information.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. This is what mine says to me! He even has a spread sheet with pre approved jewelry purchases. We are very romantic about gifts, lol!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 10:59:53 PM
Author: Harriet
Aren''t they cruel? The other half asked me, before our wedding, ''What''s the name of that gold brand you like?'' Wedding day comes and goes and nada. It turned out that he was asking out of curiosity.
Oh that''s just wrong.
My husband is really good with catching my subtle hints. I told him one day that I heard our locallly owned dept store was having a huge sale and I have really been wanting to get a new TV for our bedroom... and so while I was gone visiting my mother he got a 42" plasma, set it up, and surprised me!

So far no questions about something and then it never coming to life... we aren''t dead yet though so...
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No kidding. Mine does bring home little gifts though, such as boxes of great chocolate and other little treats.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 11:16:02 PM
Author: LuckyTexan

Date: 9/6/2008 10:59:53 PM
Author: Harriet
Aren''t they cruel? The other half asked me, before our wedding, ''What''s the name of that gold brand you like?'' Wedding day comes and goes and nada. It turned out that he was asking out of curiosity.
Oh that''s just wrong.
My husband is really good with catching my subtle hints. I told him one day that I heard our locallly owned dept store was having a huge sale and I have really been wanting to get a new TV for our bedroom... and so while I was gone visiting my mother he got a 42'' plasma, set it up, and surprised me!

So far no questions about something and then it never coming to life... we aren''t dead yet though so...
9.gif
Aw.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Our hubbies have a lot in common. DH is always feeding me delicious goodies. And he is very good at bringing flowers home...Even when he hasn''t been bad. I guess I''ll keep him! Even though he is a vicious jewelry tease!

Lucky Texan - What a sweetie you have! My DH brought a tv home as a surprise one day, too. My grandma had a stroke and I was very sad as it was/is a depressing situation. When I am sad I really want to be left alone and veg on the tv. Our bedroom tv was only choosing to work sometimes so he thought he''d pick one up to cheer me up. I have to say, it was one of his sweetest gifts.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
Thanks for the great post...I wish i could attend....i have an old jewelry magazine article about this collection and it has some of the most amazing closeup shots of a high clarity natural raspberry colored round brilliant!If I COULD PICK A COLOR...natural bright blue or a bright clear tangerine orange!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Natural History Museum in NYC has a great gem collection. I saw the ''Nature of Diamonds'' exhibit there a few years ago- it was well worth it.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this color diamond butterfly at GIA in Carlsbad a couple of months ago. I posted a picture of the butterfly under UV light in the thread about the NY exhibit under Rocky Talky. It is pretty amazing and definitely worth seeing.

AN

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results