shape
carat
color
clarity

New York ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bradruss

Rough_Rock

New York proposal - hi all, off to New York soon for 4 days with the girlfriend, I want to propose there but am getting myself a bit stressed trying to think of a way to do it - I''m getting too caught up in trying to make it perfect and I’m in danger of losing the spontaneous romance or even enjoyment for me!

We are not into the tourist kind of places like the Empire etc, so that narrows it down. I don''t want to propose in a restaurant. I guess I''m left with Central Park, having a stroll and going with the right moment. How is Battery Park compared to Central Park?

I''m choosing a hotel, just somewhere clean not too expensive as we will be out a lot. On our return we are going to Scotland where I have booked a nice hotel to relax.

After proposing I want to go somewhere for champagne and then a meal for the evening

Any ideas on restaurants and somewhere for a romantic drink?

Thanks all

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, Brad! You might want to be careful about Central Park ... I seem to recall a story that got a lot of links on this board concerning another proposing couple that was mugged, as it were, in the throes. New York is a lot safer than it was back in the day, but if you decided to amble towards a romantically secluded spot ... well, just keep an eye out. If you have your heart set on CP, I''d recommend going down by the carousel, the clock by the children''s zoo, the boat pond (there''s a beautiful fountain there) or out to Belvedere Castle during the day: afterwards, you can have drinks/dinner at the Boathouse (great atmosphere), or Tavern on the Green. Two restaurants I''d recommend highly: Tao (fantastic ambiance), Tang Pavilion (less atmosphere, excellent food) - but I always lean towards Asian cuisine. Hopefully other people will be recommending additional options (if you do a search, I think you''ll find a fair bit on other NY proposals). You might also consider spots like: Riverside Park, overlooking the Hudson, the newly revamped piers downtown if you find yourself in the vicinity of the Village. Will add more as it occurs - good luck! And don''t be stressed: in a kind of a Zen tautology, however you do it, it will be perfect, because you will have done it that way.

bradruss

Rough_Rock
Hi Circe, many thanks for the recommendations, I will certainly look into those places. How awful if the couple that got mugged is true.

It will be right what ever I do, that I know, as just doing it will be amazing.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alas, yes - but please, don''t let it put you off the park. It''s one of my favorite places in the city, and I''ve spent many a pleasant night wandering the more secluded portions ... but always in company, and generally while carrying Mace.
41.gif

For something like your proposal, better to know which side of the street you''re walking on (as my father always says).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results