shape
carat
color
clarity

New works by Mark Morrell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.mwmjewelry.com/
You guys must go to Mark''s site and view the couple of new rings he put up in his February portfolio. His work just keeps getting better, if that is at all possible.
26.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow, just checked out his website...really cool stuff!!

is he pricey?

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
His web site lists the starting prices for his settings. There have been a few Pricescopers over the years that have MWM rings, but I don't know the dollar amount figures. His pieces are gorgeous, and you definitely see a progression of style/skill by visiting his earlier works and comparing them to the Feb'06 rings. I'd say that the rings are becoming more graceful and less heavy looking...just yummy.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
*DROOL*
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Since he''s out of our budget
7.gif
, I told my father to get mom''s diamond reset in a MM ring. At least one of us should have a ring from him!

The original heart prongs in plat and 18k are still my favs though.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could get my setting started with him!! I call every week and email too!! I am desiring the sunburst solitare in plat adapted for a Marquise. He said it would be 1800 for that. I will be married w/o it! hehehehe

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Kimberly, you are a lucky girl! I didn't realize that he could modify that setting for different shaped stones. I hope when you get your ring you will post pics. When are you getting married? I would love to have the eternity band shown, or the cushion cut ring!
26.gif

doglover4

Rough_Rock
I went to Mark''s website but I don''t see any link for Feb ''06 rings. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I would love to see pictures of his new work.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Try this...

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/February_2006/

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Yep he said on email he could adapt it somewhat same ring body but diff prongs as the cute little hearts won't work on a Marquise. He sent me an answer back in August of 2005!!!! Now I can't reach him!

One reason it is so hard to get him is he is only in the office a few hours a day and he is on the other coast. I have emailed at least 10 times and they always tell me to call which I do but no one picks up the phone. Twice the assist did and told me to call back then no one answers!!!

I guess he is just too popular.

doglover4

Rough_Rock
Kimberly,

I am in the same boat as you. I try calling everyday but never get an answer. I have e-mailed Mark but only get automated responses. It is very frustrating. I guess all of his praises sung here on the forum has made him very popular. Are you looking at any other designers or are you waiting for Mark. Just curious because my DH wants to get my ring done and is becoming a little impatient.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/28/2006 7:10:47 PM
Author: doglover4
Kimberly,

I am in the same boat as you. I try calling everyday but never get an answer. I have e-mailed Mark but only get automated responses. It is very frustrating. I guess all of his praises sung here on the forum has made him very popular. Are you looking at any other designers or are you waiting for Mark. Just curious because my DH wants to get my ring done and is becoming a little impatient.
Hi everyone,
I'll give Mark a call just to make sure everything is o.k. I'll pass along that his admirer's are looking for him! Mark's a great guy and I live very close by.
His work is masterful, indeed.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hi doglover, I Am indeed getting impatient. My diamond is so lonely in it's envelope. People doubt I am engaged. At first Mark seemed really excited to do a Marquise and emailed me on his day off during the hurricanes, then nada.

The thing is I love that tapered plat setting. It is so hard to find elsewhere. WF had one but when I call them they don't get back to me. I assume it cause they did not sell me the stone and won't do it.

It is indeed difficult to find a setting you like and then someone that will do it and take liability. Hey maybe JEFF can help. I would love for my baby to have it's pic on his site!!

Which one you looking at? Or are u designing your own? :)

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/28/2006 9:01:40 PM
Author: Kimberly
Hi doglover, I Am indeed getting impatient. My diamond is so lonely in it''s envelope. People doubt I am engaged. At first Mark seemed really excited to do a Marquise and emailed me on his day off during the hurricanes, then nada.

The thing is I love that tapered plat setting. It is so hard to find elsewhere. WF had one but when I call them they don''t get back to me. I assume it cause they did not sell me the stone and won''t do it.

It is indeed difficult to find a setting you like and then someone that will do it and take liability. Hey maybe JEFF can help. I would love for my baby to have it''s pic on his site!!

Which one you looking at? Or are u designing your own? :)
I just spoke to Mark and all is well. I passed the word along that a few of you folks were trying to reach him.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lust over all that platinum and diamonds if you must but its the new 1st quarter 2006 offering of the 18K gold ring w/color stone with diamond hallo that i''m lusting after!

movie zombie

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Your avatar looks like orange crush. I don''t normally like orange but that is lovely. And I am lusting after green as well not only diamonds.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
come on over to the color side, kimberly, and let's discuss green!

my orange avatar: 8.18 orange spessartite purchased from richard wise currently a work in progress re the setting.

eta: the picture doesn't do it justice....really!

movie zombie

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 9:28:41 PM
Your avatar looks like orange crush. I don''t normally like orange but that is lovely. And I am lusting after green as well not only diamonds.

Hi Kimberly

If you lust for green try looking at these three stones.

1. Demantoid Garnet
2. Tsavorite Garnet
3. Chrome Tourmaline.

Three really great green type stones.

Rockdoc

doglover4

Rough_Rock
Kimberly,

I also love the taper shank on the sunburst solitaire. I also think that it looks lovely in yellow gold. At first I was thinking of a three stone ring but now I am leaning toward a solitaire.
Hopefully we will be able to contact him soon. Please keep us posted.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
I love his rings. I want one really badly. :)

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Dude I have allready defected to the color side. First seduction was a benetoite got me a fine one over a carat. The second an Alexandrite now I must get a Dematoid and/or a Tsavorite. Then something red or pink!!!

Richard Wise sells stones too. I have his book. I Know Rich Hughes and Rich Martin did. Wowwwwww

Thanks Jeff. Mark really needs a Marquise on his website .

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just at his site, apparently they are doing structural work on his building and he has had delays, also his phone accidentally got plugged into his fax so he wasn''t getting phone calls but that was taken care of.

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
For whatever it''s worth...my boyfriend called Mark this morning, and had no trouble getting through on his very first call. And, even better news...Mark is going to make my ring!!
36.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Oh just rub it in. "Dialing phone as we speak"

doglover4

Rough_Rock
WestSideLisa,

What style of ring is Mark making for you? Just curious!!!!

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
I''m attaching a PDF, we''ll see if it works....

There will be a few slight changes, one of which is the size of the center stone. In the picture, I believe the center stone is 0.73 ct...and I believe mine will be in the neighborhood of 1.5 - 1.7.

Is it bad that I know what my engagement ring is going to look like, before he''s even made the proposal?

Attachments

• MyFutureRing90049.pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 54

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
HeHe no I shopped mine too hehehe.

Oh yes i saw it but I am green with jeaousy soooo I did not want to tell you that you made a classy choice. Those heart prongs are so nice on rounds!!!!

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
The attachment worked...you just need to click on the "Attached File" link at the bottom of my post. I don''t have a JPG, so I can''t post within the topic.

What do ya think?
1.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 7:46:02 PM
Author: WestsideLisa
I''m attaching a PDF, we''ll see if it works....

There will be a few slight changes, one of which is the size of the center stone. In the picture, I believe the center stone is 0.73 ct...and I believe mine will be in the neighborhood of 1.5 - 1.7.

Is it bad that I know what my engagement ring is going to look like, before he''s even made the proposal?

Well here''s the Rockdoc point of view.

Surprises are really nice, but I think girls dream of an engagement ring from about 12 years old on. Probably equal to their Prince arriving at the front door on a white stallion.

Unless HE really knows the design you love, it is hard for guys to pick the "perfect" mounting. They''re afraid they will get it wrong. I advise the guys that come to me, that if it has to be a surprise, then just put it in an inexpensive mounting, and go shop for the ring together. The diamond can be a surprise, but I think most girls would love to be part of the selection process, with their fiance and let her participate and be part of having the perfect setting for the perfect pet rock!.

From a practical standpoint, the upside is that the lady is overjoyed that he had enough consideration to care about her desires, and dreams. After all, you''re going to be doing a lot of things together and sharing everything, so why not the ring design too.

For me, I''d hate to know that the ring wasn''t what her "dream" was. Guess the gals can give some input here, but that''s how I''d approach this.

So I don''t think it''s BAD that you know - hope you agree.

Rockdoc

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 4:50:44 PM
Oh just rub it in. ''Dialing phone as we speak''

Hi Kimberly

Did you get through to Mark?

Rockdoc

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Rockdoc.

I agree with you. He is picking the center stone (I completely trust him on this, and know that he''s doing a lot of research here)...so the stone and the way that he proposes, including time & place, will be surprises. That''s enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results