shape
carat
color
clarity

New Wedding Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At last I have an ering and anniversary ring that I feel compliments my AGSO diamond. My sweet, kind and patient DH let me get some new rings yesterday. I did try a larger AGS0 diamond in both my old wrings and the new ering but decided I loved my diamond and just wanted new rings.

My diamond is a RB .53 E VS1. The new ering has .30 ctw RB bezel set. The anniversary band is .43 ctw RB channel set.

My old wrings were nice but just not sparkly enough for me. We tried a RB blue sapphire in it yesterday and it looked awesome so my DH will get me that for my birthday.

Sorry my photos aren''t super clear.

Here is the new anniversary band.

ringband.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the new ering.

ringtop2.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is on my hand.

ringhand2mc.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one on my hand.

ringhand1mc.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one with sun coming in the window.

ringsun2mjc.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring in profile.

ringprofilemc2.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Marcyc, what a beautiful set! I understand the need for new rings! Sounds like you have a wonderful hubby
1.gif

They look gorgeous on you!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! They are perfect together!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Coati. My husband did ask me this afternoon if I still liked them and if we are done now trying to change my wrings.
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ang3199.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo is a little better.

mynewrings (3).JPG

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous rings Marcyc! I love the yellow gold--looks beautiful on you!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful Marcy
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks RedRose and Maisie.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful, you made a very nice choice! Enjoy!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DiamondDana.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrat marcy! They look lovely on your hand! Can you post a comparison of the old set to the new one?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2008 9:03:00 PM
Author: surfgirl
Congrat marcy! They look lovely on your hand! Can you post a comparison of the old set to the new one?

I am curious about your old set too. What a sweet and understanding hubby! So glad you love them.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great on you - good choice - enjoy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Surfgirl and Tacori.

My first wedding rings had 1/3 ct channel set band, a .15 solitaire with six .10 ctw diamond accents. It was very sparkly. We bought this diamond and my old wedding rings in the summer of ’06. My old wrings were picked out to be subtle so the solitaire would stand out. That set had five PC diamonds at a ctw of .33. After the novelty of the ideal cut diamond wore off I really missed having a sparkly wedding set. My diamond really sparkled but the wrings only sparkled in certain lighting conditions.

I started looking in to getting an anniversary band after Christmas. The anniversary band brightened up my wrings and they looked fine together but I wanted something more symmetrical. You could certainly tell the wrings and the band were not a set. A PC band matched the old wring better but I wanted RB. I started looking online and decided I really liked this ering so decided to go try it on. I thought if I liked it I would upgrade the ¼ ct. band for the larger band then get the ering for my birthday in May. When I tried on the ering with the larger anniversary band it made my heart go pitter patter so my DH said if it’s what I want – get it now. Lucky me, I am pretty spoiled as both my husband and parents will readily point out to anyone who asks them.

I didn’t upgrade the wrings for the new rings because they didn’t cost double what the wrings rings cost us. However, I do like the rings enough to put a sapphire in it (I could always trade it in on other jewelry as well but the sapphire looked awesome in it).

So anyway here is my wrings old alone, then with the 1/4 ct. anniversary band and the picture of the new set.

ringcomparshot.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I''m contemplating resetting my rings in platinum......... you rings look so warm in yellow. They''re beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Motownmama and Wrstacks.

Wrstacks, I know you''ll be disappointed but I turned the other ring back towards the other band. My fingers are too short to stack a lot of rings on them - they look great on you though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gemgirl. I am sure your rings would look great in platinum.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This comparison shot looks better.

It's funny the rings look pretty similar overall. The anniversary band is slightly larger and the ering / wring become one ering that was almost as wide as the first one. I can definitely say the new set does sparkle. It shows you how easily I am entertained when I just want something that sparkles. Ha Ha.

Wrstacks, thanks for the nice compliment. There are always other rings out there and I am sure I'll be finding ways to get them. Tee hee.

ringcomparshot (2).jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looove it! The differences between this set and the old one are subtle yet totally improve the overall look! And I''m with you, I am a sparkle fiend!

DD
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, DD. I was kind of surprised how similar the 2 sets looked but the sparkle factor is majorly different. You do get more bang for your buck with RB. It''s fun to be a sparkle fiend, eh?

Wrstacks, I will get a full hand shot and post it this week. I figured out how to get some closeup shots too so hopefully I will have time tomorrow to get some more photos.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I got most of the arrows to show in this shot. Too funny it has pink fuzz caught on a prong.

arrows (2).JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
They''re lovely, Marcy! Congratulations on your new rings!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
oooh marcyc I really like the new setting! You did a great job. They all look good on you--but I totally understand your need for perfection and getting exactly what YOU envision in your mind as perfect. I think you hit the jackpot this time girlie!
36.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I love your new setting, it looks so great! Haha, your hubby sounds like mine, so sweet like whatever makes you happy honey...within reason of course! Enjoy your new set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results