shape
carat
color
clarity

New wedding band to warm the finger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
This one is for you Mercoledi!

I just got married last Tuesday and have been able to wear my wedding band, and now after sharing it with the ladies in BWW forum I wanted to share them with you too!

My ering is from Brian Knox (Knox Jewelers) and my new AWESOME wedding band is custom from the amazing jeweler in Berkeley 14Karats (that I recommend more than I could ever say!)

The wedding band has 5 burnished stones in it. The three white diamonds (one 3pt and two 2.5pts) are from my great grandmother''s wedding band (which was a plain 5 stone band with huge prongs!). She just passed away in March at the age of 104 and I inherited her wband and ering. I love having those diamonds in my band because I was named after her and I feel like she is with me at all times now. The fourth diamond from her band (the fifth fell out and I was so devastated I stopped wearing the ring- the gold prongs were nearly worn away entirely) is set in DH wedding band.

The two blue diamonds (2.5 pts) are to represent DH and I.

To recap, ering is .6ct I color SI1 clarity, GIA EX across the board with strong blue flourescence; my rings are both palladium size 5 3/4.

DH''s wedding band is palladium as well, 6mm and size 8 3/4.

Thanks for looking!!

ringstogether3.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I''ve fallen in love with your rings, shigidigi! Thank you for the eye candy....they are spectacular rings and what a great story behind the stones!

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you a thousand times over Monarch! You have made my year!
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love your rings, they are so unique and the story behind them is priceless... truly a treasure!!!!
30.gif
Thank you thank you for sharing them with us
1.gif

nursie

Rough_Rock
The band and ering look great together! I love the look of the palladium and looove that you incorporated stones from your grandmother''s ring.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I love your wedding set!
30.gif
The blue diamonds look wonderful with the palladium. How great to have the diamonds from your great grandmother''s ring.
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your rings! Stunning and unusual and very special!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the story about your diamonds and the rings are so unique!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your rings are wonderfully unique and I just love the story and sentiment behind your wedding band diamonds. The contrast between the blue and white diamonds is striking. I''m sorry that your great grandmother passed away in March but what a wonderful rememberance you have of her!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2007 7:11:18 AM
Author: Lorelei
HI:

Ditto!

cheers--Sharon

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 9:36:27 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 11/28/2007 7:11:18 AM
Author: Lorelei
HI:

Ditto!

cheers--Sharon
Thritto, enjoy!!
36.gif

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I love your set, it is so different. What a great idea for something unusual! I really love how you brought your family into the set and how you used the 2 blue diamond to represent your relationship. Enjoy and Congrats!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing, and congratulations on being a happily married woman!

The rings are just lovely and I melted at the story about your grandmother''s ring and how you''ve chosen to use the stones. Just beautiful! And even if we aren''t ring twins, we''re still 0.6 twins!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Those are BEAUTIFUL rings and that is a WONDERFUL story.... I too have my grandmothers ring...What a terrific thing you did...I LOVE YOUR RINGS!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a spectacular set, and a truly wonderful story. Very sentimental and beautiful!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Now those are unusual and really cool! I love the idea of using your grandmother''s stones; and the brushed finish is very satiny.

I bought a palladium ring with a brushed middle section for Dave, and it''s holding up really well.

beesknees

Rough_Rock
Wow! I absolutely love both of your rings. So unique and such a great story to accompany them! Congrats on your recent wedding.
2.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Congratualtions on getting married! What a beautiful set. The blue diamonds are lovely!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the sentiment behind your ring, and your set is like nothing I have seen...just beautiful! Congratulations on your marriage!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and unique!!!
30.gif
30.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I love the way you used a traditional ring to create an intensely personal set of rings for your husband and you. They are modern and beautiful, yet sentimental at the same time. I''ve never seen anyone pull something like this off so successfully. I love modern settings, but sometimes they can seem a bit cold. This is a fabulous example of modernity AND warmth. Your rings are beautiful! Congratulations!!

Nancy

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is gorgeous! Your wedding band is really beautiful and unique...I love the wavy design and the contrast of the blue and white diamonds!
30.gif
The story behind the rings makes them truly special.
1.gif
Congratulations on your marriage.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Your set is breathtaking! It''s wonderful that you''ve been able to incorporate your grandmother''s stones in not only your, but you DH''s ring as well. Enjoy and congrats!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my what beautiful rings and what a wonderful treasure to have.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results