shape
carat
color
clarity

New use for Ideal Light & Thank You All...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I found a new use for the Ideal Light. For those of you who don't know you can purcahse a small light with a diamond viewing tray with the Ideal Scope. The diamond viewing tray is drilled for 2 stones so that you can compare - and the assortment of what I purchased had a CZ for comparison.

Today I recieved a matched pair of 1/4 carat Round Brillinat diamonds, Super Ideal cut of course (It took GOG about a month to find these).

Aspart of my final inspection I popped them into the ideal light and eyballed them with the ideal scope to verify that they matched the pictures I was sent (they did).

What was great was that I could pop both of them into the tray at once - and being so brilliant they looked like a set of headlights in that tray (with the Ideal light turned off). My GF was over today (she lives 6 hours away) and I was able to show the diamonds to her - both at once (these are intended to be the side stones for a 3 stone ring...).

Needless to say, her reacation was "WOW." She commonted that they were so brilliant that either of them could be used for the center stone on a ring - and outshine most anything she had seen (dispite their being only 1/4 carat). I told her that - that was the idea, that the sidestones should be Awsome in their own right (instead of a compromise and dead).

Anyway, those side stones spent most of the day in that ideal light tray (with the light turned off) and it was moved all over the house in all kinds of different lighting and angles (even a closet) to see how well the diamonds looked.

Thus, the ideal light is a diamond display tray - especially for a matched pair. Another use for a good tool.

I would like to thank PriceScope and all of the great posters here for educating me on diamonds and jewelry over the last several months. Otherwise I never would have known that you could get great looking diamonds - nor have found the vendors who were willing to look for what I was looking for (NiceIce and Good Old Gold were the only 2 vendors willing to look for what I wanted for the sidestones).

Now my GF has not yet said "Yes" to engagement or marriage (I first asked in the fall, we have been discussing issues, and the sidestones were a gamble); but she now says that she is much closer - and after seeing the diamonds was now willing to talk possible wedding dates. She was tetoring on the edge of saying yes, and I am sure it will happen. I will not be buying the center stone untill she says yes.

The cool thing is that I have told NiceIce to keep looking - and told my GF today that if a second matched set is found that she needs a set of earings... and she agreed especially as brilliant as these are (even though she is concerned about my finances).

The other neat thing I did was to have her talk to the person who appraised this matched set of diamonds (One of the appraisers at Dave Atlas's company). The specific appraiser had been appraising for 7 years, at least 2000 diamonds a year, and had never seen a really well cut 1/4 carat diamond before - much less a matched set of them (and these are so closely matched that the dimensional readings are probalby within the repeatability errrors of the instruments). Now she knows how rare these are, and how much effort (and patience) I put into getting something special for her. He could also explain to her the benifit of the Medium Blue fluoresence in these diamonds (another item I specified).

For those who are interested: 0.23 Carat, High G color (close to F), High VS2 Clarity (Close to VS1) (GOG actaully called these F VS1), MB Flurosesence. HCA of 1.7 & 1.9. Brilliant Scope 2 Very High's & 1 High.

I am heading out of town for business Wed Afternoon through Sunday, and do not know if I will have access to the web or not (nor the time either).

Keep up the good work all...

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results