shape
carat
color
clarity

New to the List

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
Hello, fellow LIW! I'm originally from TX, went northeast for school, came back for more school, and have a cat who is currently curled up on my feet. I have been dating the Dude for 7 months, which isn't that long in the scheme of things, but when you know, you know, right? We've talked about the idea of gettin' hitched and he seems very enthusiastic, but we've agreed that there's no bling bling until at least June, partly because I'm going through a big educational transition right now (medical school is the worst) and he is in the last half of a rigorous training program for a new qualification at work. After that, though, it's "weapons free" (his terminology, not mine).

As far as shiny things, I don't really know what I want in terms of size, but I know that I love clean lines and probably a half-bezel setting, which I think is a beautiful compromise between the stability of a bezel (since medical hands get knocked around a bit) and the OOOH SHINY of a prong.

Anyway... thanks for having me! I look forward to "meeting" you all :)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! I also recently joined (well started posting anyhow) :D . Nice to meet you!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome :wavey: you're the first newby for 2013! Heh. I'll add you to the list during my next LK update :)) I hope your stay is short and sweet!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!!! :wavey:

I don't think 7 months is too early. Me and my SO started talking and ring shopping at 4 months...also moved in together at 4 months! 1 year and 5 months later...no bling bling, but the timeline was 2013!

Hop into the threads, it's been kinda quiet lately :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! If you like half bezels and clean lines, you should check out audball's gorgeous Sholdt!! She posted pictures in her thread here and also in Show Me the Bling (SMTB).

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
It's my current obsession. audball, please find my Dude and tell him I want that one. xoxo Crumpet

audball

Ideal_Rock
Impudent_Crumpet|1357175712|3345916 said:
It's my current obsession. audball, please find my Dude and tell him I want that one. xoxo Crumpet
Aww, thanks! I've been wearing her for a few weeks now and I love her more everyday! I can't tell you hours many compliments I get on the fluidity and design of the setting. I hope you get one! If you ever need help, give me a shout out. If I don't see it, many of these ladies know how to reach me off the boards.

Also, we started the hunt at 6 months in. It took 4 to 5 months from the beginning of our search to having the complete ring in hand. We just got engaged at nearly a year and a half of dating, almost a year after the ring search began.

Welcome!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! :wavey:

I hope your stay in LIW isn't too far past June!

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
Chewbacca|1357288386|3346969 said:
Hello! :wavey:

I hope your stay in LIW isn't too far past June!

I hope not too, Chewy! That being said, it's lovely to have a community (even a virtual one) where I don't feel judged for being kind of a crazy person about the "IW" part of being a LIW.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Hello and Welcome! :wavey:

I agree with the others- there's no minimum amount of time you have to be dating before you KNOW.

We're ladies in waiting! We KNOW what we want. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results