shape
carat
color
clarity

New to the Club - Add me to the LIW List!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Nice to meet you all! I have been an avid Pricescope lurker since Spring 2012 and I'm finally taking the next step and introducing myself.

I've been with my SO for 3 years and 4 months and I would like to be added to the Ladies in Waiting List!! We've officially started talking about rings/diamonds and I have a feeling an engagement will happen sometime in the next year. The SO is 30 years old and I'm 29 (I turn 30 in a few weeks). I currently work in business in downtown Chicago and my SO is a police office for the city of Chicago.

I love the pricescope community! What started as a desire to learn more about diamonds has turned into a hobby, honestly.

Here's what I currently have my heart set on (at least for the time being :saint: ) :

Carat Size: 8.4mm minimum
Color: J
Clarity: SI1 or VS2 (maybe an eye clean SI2)
Setting: Vatche U113, Brian Gavin Grace Setting, Brian Gavin Elegance setting (Non-tapered), H Levi Royal Charm Setting (Style 710), H Levi Hearts & Arrows Setting (Style 719)... non-pave setting in all of these styles.
Metal Type: 18k White Gold OR 18k Yellow Gold (with white gold prongs). I recently fell in love with yellow gold after trying on a yellow gold half eternity band at Tiffanys :oops:
Budget: 12-15k

So once again - nice to meet you all!! I'm excited to finally start posting. I've done some diamond/ring looking on my own during lunch hour (shhh don't tell the SO) but we will finally be going together sometime next month or two (or three :shock: ).

Hugs!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Glad to see someone from my neck of the woods! (I'm in the Chicago Burbs). Sounds like you know what you want in a ring, which is great! I hope your stay is short and sweet! :wavey:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Maple! Love your taste in rings! Lost of DUST to you. :bigsmile:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well you two Chicagoans will have to come to the PS get together April 18th ish. Enerchi is coming to town and we're going to have fun fun fun looking at diamonds and gems!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, Maple :wavey: I'll add you to our list when I do my next update in a few days. Welcome (again)!

I'm a bit boggled. Your last post said you were looking at a 2.1ct, so I figured you had a specific stone in mind already. This post says you want at least an 8.4mm? That would bump up the ct weight to 2.25ct-ish :confused:

Have you thought about using BGD's blue line, since you're considering a few of their settings? This bad boy isn't quite your 8.4mm requirement, but it is over 8mm and 2 cts, for $12k. *Drool. http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d...2.008-l-si1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104062571043 and it's an eye clean SI1. I love their Grace setting!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
@ Madelise: No, I don't have a specific stone in mind yet. I've seen/tried on a few 2.1 carat (and 8.4mm stones) which I feel look "just right" so that's the ballpark size I'm looking at. However, he won't be buying until at least 3 months from now. He's using his tax returns to pay everything upfront so I'm only allowed to look for now. ;(

Yes I've seen BGD's blue line. And the one you found... gorgeous! :appl: I know they go very quickly so I'm sure that particular one will be snapped up in no time.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
MBKRH|1356523139|3339904 said:
Welcome! Glad to see someone from my neck of the woods! (I'm in the Chicago Burbs). Sounds like you know what you want in a ring, which is great! I hope your stay is short and sweet! :wavey:

Glad to see another fellow Chicagoan! I'm considered "Chicago city" but live more in the outskirts. I've been visiting family all week in California and fly back tommorow! Brrrr.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! Your puppy looks cute 8)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1356587092|3340510 said:
Welcome!! Your puppy looks cute 8)

Thank you!

My puppy is the one spinning in the air... quite the action shot I have of her. :D The other dog is her dad which belonged to the breeder I got her from. It's one of my favorite puppy pictures of her. She's a King Charles Cavalier.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
ADORABLE PUPPY! She looks like a real character! Whats her name?

Welcome to LIW! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results