shape
carat
color
clarity

New To Site! Question On Ring....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

culliosmbc

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the site I’ve read previous post and felt everyone here is very helpful.
Well I’m 27yr old and planning to propose to my girlfriend in the coming month so I’m researching rings to get her. I’ve read on previous post great feed back on whiteflash.com, so while looking through there website I’ve found a ring that they have that’s within my budget ($2200). So I would like some feedback on if this ring is worth what they are asking for it, or I should keep on looking..
Here are the specs….

Report: EGL
Shape: Round
Carat: 0.81
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 59
Table: 60
Girdle: TN-M
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: Small
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.08-6.14X3.6

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome to ps!
35.gif
and congrats on the upcoming proposal!
what are your priorities for a diamond on this special occasion?

culliosmbc

Rough_Rock
i personally prefer a decent size ring above .65 carat withing a decent color,and clarity.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know how that looks like, but there is more on display about this one.

I would not consider the tenth of milimter between the two all that important. EGL''s J may not be the same as AGS''s and I''d wish for comparable information about cut, too
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is strange; if you search on the front page of this site for 0.81-0.81 J-J SI1-SI1 "other" certs, you''ll see the same stone listed three times for different prices by not only White Flash but USA Certed, Jewelryzone, and Abazias as well. It''s normal for more than one vendor to offer a stone that all of them have access to but none have "in house," but I don''t get the multiple listings with different prices.

Stone listed for $1801 (The PriceScope discount lists it at $1748)

Same stone for $1848 ($1794)

Stone again for $1998 ($1940)

Is the $2200 what you were quoted for the stone or is that your budget? I certainly wouldn''t pay that for a stone I knew I could get for $1750. I assume that somebody other than the vendors entered this stone multiple times and it somehow led to this mystery. Of course, airlines have been known to quote multiple prices at once. My sister and I took a trip to the Bahamas once, and it was quoted as $1000 total on the site. Then when we tried to buy it, it had jumped up to $1500. So we kept plugging in the trip details over and over again until it was only $1000. But let''s hope our online diamond vendors are not trying to see if consumers will fall for a higher price.

Have you looked at WhiteFlash''s in-house stones, such as their expert selection and A Cut Above stones? I would rather buy a stone that''s been handpicked and that has cut info than a stone that will have to be called in. Here are some yummy stones (with the discounted price that shows up through PS''s search engine listed -- just ask them for the discount):

0.724 J SI1 ideal H&A for $1906

0.705 I SI2 ideal H&A for $1934

0.702 H SI1 ideal H&A for $1945

Here''s a non-ideal in the same range:

0.75 H SI1 for $1999 I posted it to show that yes, you can get over 3/4 carat by bumping down your cut quality, but I don''t think it''s worth it. Check out this stone''s picture and IdealScope versus the other stones''.

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
Listen to what phoenixgirl is telling you.

I just gave me fiance an H&A diamond, and the superior cut blows away anything that her friends have ever seen.

double b

E B

Ideal_Rock
culliosmbc,

The stone that Valeria101 posted was the one I was going to choose for my engagement ring until I found mine. It's a beautiful stone, and well within your budget. Because it's an ideal cut, it'll look bigger and much more sparkly than one that's a "decent" cut.

Have you considered a princess cut?

culliosmbc

Rough_Rock
thank you to everyone, you all been very helpfull.
phoenixgirl thank you so much for those links they showed me better diamonds in my price range.
i''ll re-post when i decide on the diamond.
thank you again

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id suggest you email Brian at Whiteflash or Jonathon at Good Old Gold. You can PM Rhino (he''s Jonathon) and get some great info. BOTH would help you pick the best stone available for your budget and you won''t have to compromise cut quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results