shape
carat
color
clarity

New to LIW

BereniceFrench

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody! :wavey:

I have been looking at pricescope for a few months now and I discovered LIW a couple weeks ago. I have been reading the threads so I thought I should introduce myself. I like this forum a lot. Even if everybody seem to be different, there is no judgement! And that is awesome because being a LIW can be a sensitive subject.

My BF and I have been together for a little over 3 years and living together for 3 years. We moved in together pretty fast due to an opportunity: I was looking for a roommate and was looking for a place so we decided to give it a shot! It worked out great. He is my first serious relationship and I am his too. I have always been scared of committing but lately that has changed. In the past year we have moved to a new place that is truly ours: we are furnishing it and decorating it together little by little. We adopted two cats. :love: So all that made me mature I think and now I am thinking about marriage more and more. I guess I have been a LIW for 6 months now!

We always had talked about getting married, having kids, a house, etc ... but always in a vague way like something in the far future. So I know that we are on the same page for that but I also know that is is not ready yet ... I decided to tell him how I felt and he said that he took it to heart and that he is getting more and more ready but not quite yet. Maybe in a year or so ... So I guess I will be a LIW for a little while! ;-)

Enough talk about me! Thanks for letting me share. :)

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW! I'm in the same situation, my SO isn't quite there yet either. Its nice to have another LIW to relate with! :appl: You say you've been lurking around PS - tell us about your ring ideas (if you have them)!

I hope your stay is short and sweet!

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
Welcome! :wavey:

Isn't it funny that girls are always ready before guys? Or maybe we just don't hear about the vice versa because he would just propose and she would accept even if she wasn't ready... or they would break up and then you no longer talk about relative readiness. It bothers me sometimes that the guy has more control over the situation, but then again he is paying for the sparkly so I guess I can be a little patient :cheeky:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet.

I was ready before my BF too. It's hard. But he will get there! And yes! Feel free to tell us what type of rings you like! We love to ogle thigns!

BereniceFrench

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome!

I do have an idea of the ring I want. ;-) Looking at all the rings and threads on PS made me refine what I wanted a lot! I didn't know anything about diamonds before I started looking and now I have an obsession with the ring I want! :oops: I really like EC with tapered baguettes set in platinum. I like the center stone to be high and the wedding band to sit flush so I don't want a basket setting, I want a classic Tiffany head. I fell in love with chicagogirl ER, it's pretty much what I would like! :love:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-beautiful-new-ering.53625/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-beautiful-new-ering.53625/[/URL]

Yes it is frustrating when one in the couple isn't ready at the same time as the other. And I have to admit, I also feel like it is the woman that is ready first most of the time! When I started to feel like I was ready and I started to look on PS, I felt guilty in a way, I would do it in secret. I still do! :???: I had the hardest time getting myself to talk to my BF about it. And he still doesn't know about the LIW forum! Because I do want him to know how I feel but I don't want to be that girl that pressures him into proposing. I want him to do it because he loves me and wants to commit to spend the rest of his life with me. That is why I like LIW, we can vent and talk without being judged!

audball

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! Lovely choice!

And yes, it is frustrating not being ready at the same time, but don't feel guilty, people just feel differently at different stages. He will get there. For us, it actually helped him feel more ready by actually talking about it happening. He's known about PS since we started dating though. I've been a member here for years (I first found PS when helping a friend's BF look at rings...in 2008!) and have been interested and an active member ever since. He knew I was into jewelry and read/posted regularly. And when we got serious I let him in on the LIW forum and told him about posting and being on "the list". He occasionally asks me what number I'm at! I do think I'm the exception here and most ladies don't share the LIW forum with their BFs!

And yes, you're right! Feel free to vent, complain, yell, scream, be upset, be lifted up, and just plain whatever makes you feel better. No judgement. We all handle this stressful time differently!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, and welcome! :wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Berenice! :wavey: That's a beautiful, classic ring. I hope you get one just like it, soon rather than later! In the meantime, we're here to keep you company during the wait.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Berenice! :wavey:

Love the ring! It's gorg! :love:

SO doesnt know about PS or LIW... Some things are for me to know and for him to not know. Ever. :bigsmile:

I mean he has seen me looking around when we were trying to get inspiration for a setting but that's about it... lol!

Anyway, like the girls already said we are all patiently (ahem!) waiting- feel free to vent anytime! :saint:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Berenice! :wavey: :)) I have added you to the list.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Great inspiration ring! It's gorgeous. Welcome and hope your stay is short and sweet!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results