shape
carat
color
clarity

New to forum and hope I''m posting in the right place!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poppyseed

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello all I''m thinking of purchasing a LOGR semimount. Those of you who have purchased from them, do you typically upgrade to the full cut VS diamonds? If yes, have you noticed an appreciable difference in the quality?

Those of you who purchase the standard single cut, SI stones, how would you rate the sparkle. In diamonds so small is the upgrade worth it?

Does anyone have this setting? Opinions, reviews welcome. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220467105276&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 9:25:55 AM
Author:poppyseed
Hello all I''m thinking of purchasing a LOGR semimount. Those of you who have purchased from them, do you typically upgrade to the full cut VS diamonds? If yes, have you noticed an appreciable difference in the quality?

Those of you who purchase the standard single cut, SI stones, how would you rate the sparkle. In diamonds so small is the upgrade worth it?

Does anyone have this setting? Opinions, reviews welcome. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220467105276&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
Welcome poppyseed!
35.gif

Another PSer does have that setting you posted - she did upgrade the diamonds, and you can see it here. It''s a gorgeous setting, by the way, and I keep hoping to be able to get a stone that would fit in that one.

I''ve always upgraded the diamonds on my LOGR settings, and have always been glad I did, but the settings I''ve gotten have had bigger diamonds. Some PSers never upgrade and seem to be satisfied, and some have tried both with varying results. For me personally, LOGR seems to be inconsistant enough with their non-upgraded diamonds that I''m not willing to take a chance. Plus, I''m a little picky about sparkly diamonds.

Do you already have a stone? We''d love to see it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I’ve been reading, the larger melees usually don’t need to be upgraded as they are more likely than not to be acceptable in appearance. The tiny melees are the ones that typically need to be upgraded because they have a tendency to be cloudy. Like Cellentani, I like to be safe and upgrade the diamonds because I’m very particular about having clear stones. However, my preference in the smaller melees are single cuts VS because the facets are larger than the full cuts so the melees won’t look so busy.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 10:25:03 AM
Author: Chrono
From what I’ve been reading, the larger melees usually don’t need to be upgraded as they are more likely than not to be acceptable in appearance. The tiny melees are the ones that typically need to be upgraded because they have a tendency to be cloudy. Like Cellentani, I like to be safe and upgrade the diamonds because I’m very particular about having clear stones. However, my preference in the smaller melees are single cuts VS because the facets are larger than the full cuts so the melees won’t look so busy.
I was interested in those too, but he said they only have SI single cuts. If you want to upgrade those, you get full-cuts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 10:35:19 AM
Author: cellentani

I was interested in those too, but he said they only have SI single cuts. If you want to upgrade those, you get full-cuts.
I’m getting worried now. I’ve just ordered my first LOGR setting with single cut VS melees. I’m sure I made it pretty clear that it must be single cut AND high clarity.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 12:24:33 PM

Date: 8/17/2009 10:35:19 AM

I’m getting worried now. I’ve just ordered my first LOGR setting with single cut VS melees. I’m sure I made it pretty clear that it must be single cut AND high clarity.
Chrono, did they charge you to upgrade the single cuts? I tried to pay to get better quality single cuts, and they told me it wasn''t possible.
33.gif
I''ll be very interested to see what happens. Are you willing to share which setting you''re getting? If not, that''s okay.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t purchased that particular setting, but frankly, I''ve really lucked out on most of my purchases with LOGR so I''m probably a bad judge on this one.
3.gif

If you''re in doubt, I would definitely upgrade, because it''s very hit and miss with them. I''ve had tiny standard melee sparkle like mad and some cloudy melee in the larger settings like the Legacy.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 1:02:03 PM
Chrono, did they charge you to upgrade the single cuts? I tried to pay to get better quality single cuts, and they told me it wasn''t possible.
33.gif
I''ll be very interested to see what happens. Are you willing to share which setting you''re getting? If not, that''s okay.
Yes, I paid for an upgrade; the charge seems to be the usual amount from what I''m told.

68LOGR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results