shape
carat
color
clarity

New stacking rings and aqua ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:08:01 PM
Author: TanDogMom
PS Were these Gurham stackers inspiration for your project? I love them - but I love yours more!

Gurhan at Pearlmans

PS - I haven''t updated my thread yet!

They planted the seed, they are featured in the gold thread in the jewelry forums. It was not until people started talking about Etsy that I because set on doing the project, because before than, it was not affordable.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:10:36 PM
Author: Chrono
Your project turned out very well; especially the aquamarine ring. I hope the entire package gets to you safely soon!

Thanks...another week of anxiety...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This setting is beautiful. It is so thin and delicate, pictures do not do it justice.

howaquahand2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is the profile
30.gif

howaquaprofile.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Another shot to show off the setting

howaquaprofile2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
A little fuzzy, but another aqua shot

aquafuzzy.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profile is so beautiful - I like the delicate swirls.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The stackers, they are beautiful. The setting is very well done. They look good alone and stacked.

howstackerssst2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stackers are really nice too; I''m tempted to do this with my smaller stones.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono, I the ropes are so thin, it really lets the center stone be the star. And I am going to have a ton of fun with these stackers. There are so many different ways to wear them.

Next pic of the stackers ;-)

howstackerssst1.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have got a ton of pics. I know there is no such thing as too many pics, but this is the most I think I have put up at once.

Here is a profile view, it also shows the subtle difference between the yellow and rose gold.

howstackerspro.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The sapphire, the largest of the three stones alone

howstackerms.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The tourmaline, this stone really did well with a bezel setting. The gray mask is gone and it sparkles like mad.

howstackerst.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The smallest stone, the pink spinel

howstackersps.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I had to throw my newest stone in. It is a pink tourmiline cap, 5.3 ct. It was mind locally near San Diego. It is to celebrate my time here.

sdpinktour.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My big stones are getting to know each other ;-)

sdpinktouraqua.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is all I''ve got, thanks for looking. It is fun to have so many new pretties.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are so pretty. The colors of the stones that you picked for the stacking rings goes so well together and oh what fun!! Your aqua ring is just so dainty and feminine. I love all of them!

I would love to send a few of my stones for Sally to set them but just a bit nervous about sending them overseas.

Also, your cabochon is lovely!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I love the profile on the aqua! and those stacking rings look so fun! Sally is just great to work with isn''t she? wear them in good health!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful jewellery, especially the stackers, which are simply stunning! You must be so pleased. Enjoy!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Mochi - thank you. I know what you mean. It took me well over a month to contact Sally because I had a same fears. But I finally decided to take the risk after I realized that her jewelry fits my style the best. And thanks about the cab too. It is pretty, but it is similar to my skin tone. I need to find a setting that darkens it, and makes it stand out a little. I think FlyGirl has a great inspiration piece.

kas baby - Sally is wonderful to work with, thank you for the nice words

dinamit - I am very pleased with how this turned out. Thank you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 7:14:44 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Mochi - thank you. I know what you mean. It took me well over a month to contact Sally because I had a same fears. But I finally decided to take the risk after I realized that her jewelry fits my style the best. And thanks about the cab too. It is pretty, but it is similar to my skin tone. I need to find a setting that darkens it, and makes it stand out a little. I think FlyGirl has a great inspiration piece.

kas baby - Sally is wonderful to work with, thank you for the nice words

dinamit - I am very pleased with how this turned out. Thank you!
I love, love, love your stackers, LtlFirecracker. They look fantastic.

One thought about your new cab. Try laying it on different backgrounds and seeing how the color changes. When I set each of my last two cabs, I took them into a designer who had sheets of different colored gold metals, and we took a look at how the color changed with the different backgrounds. I neded up having my raspberry colored rhodolite garnet cab set on rose gold, and my rose quartz cab is set on fine silver. The backing need not match the bezel. The background color makes a huge difference in how the color of the gem looks in the final setting. Best to see them in person, if at all possible so you can pick what appeals to you. The choice was obvious to me once I saw the stone on the metal for myself.

Looking forward to seeing how your new project turns out. And, love those stackers!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings, LtlFirecracker! I especially love your stackers!!! So yummy!!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings!!!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
FlyGirl. Thanks for the suggestion. I would have never thought to check the stone against the different metal colors. I put it over some tin foil and onto a gold colored box. It looks better with the silver backdrop. Thanks for the nice comments about the stackers.

chiquitapet and princessplease- Thank you very much

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ltl- sorry I am so late, but what lovely additions to your collection! The setting suits the aqua so beautifully.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
It''s not fair that you have all those pretty rings! jk! Great design choices. They look great on you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H:

Beautifully done!! Yummy gumdrops
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results