shape
carat
color
clarity

New spessartite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Good for you, Cindi! I think it''s lovely and if it''s speaking to you, that''s all that matters. I love PS because of all the wonderful posters and wealth of infomation that they give.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Glad to hear you''re happy with it and of course I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
So glad that you have found your spess, Cind!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you are keeping it.

My stone does not photograph well at all. And this is the first stone I have had trouble capturing the true color, I still have not gotten it. So it was interesting to see what Richard and Gene had to say about photographing these stones. Mine also looks kind of pale in the sun, although it is still orange.

I can''t wait to see what you do with it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cind,
It has been a really interesting and lively thread. I hope your gem gives you many years of enjoyment. Let us know what you decide to do with it. Congratulations.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following this thread with great interest. I''m thrilled you''re keeping the stone. There is something special about that colour, and I would have had to try to get it for myself had you sent it back.
27.gif
2.gif

Richard, Gene, thank you for chiming in. I found your contributions very helpful to my understanding of colour and how that translates (or fails to translate) into pictures.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great stone in a great color and I''m glad you are keeping it! I can''t wait to see how it''s set!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks mochi, innerkitten, icekid, LtlFirecracker (I''m still waiting to see what you do with your spess), TL, and princesss! I think this stone deserves a standout setting. Richard had told me the stone could stand on its own but I have a possible urge to do something with pink sapphires. I really like unique.

MZ, I meant to tell you that I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your spess when it was loose. Richard was very complimentary about it. I''m sure it is 100 times more fabulous than the pictures which are very pretty.

I also have greatly enjoyed reading what Richard and Gene had to say. It''s wonderful to have such an opportunity to learn.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Cindi, it''s beautiful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s been an interesting discussion. Enjoy your spess Cind and I look forward to the setting phase next.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you stuck to your guns. Enjoy!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Cind!! I think your photos show nicer than the stock photo and I''m glad you made the decision with your own eyes.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 5:19:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal
When in doubt, pack it, tape it up and put the label on it back to Richard. If you are feeling sick about sending it back, open the box back up!!
great advice!

cindy, glad you''re keeping it!

mz

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Cind, I am late to this thread (unless I am REALLY tired and already responded earlier - could be, it''s been a rough week!) - but so happy that you have found a spess you love and are moving to the next fun stage - designing a setting! I learned a lot skimming the thread - personally, I am glad to have the potential ability to draw on an expert''s eye (like Richard Wise) and after that, the important thing is that you love it!! What is the point, after all, if you don''t love it, cherish it, want to wear it, hand it down to someone, etc.? I think that pink accents will look amazing with you stone, can''t wait to see the next chapter
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m glad you''ve decided to keep it. After reading and posting to this thread and reading some more I went off and took more photos of my Spess. I finally got a few that don''t show it darker than it really is. And a few that actually show it lighter than it is. So so hard to judge a gemstone by digital photos not to mention that the photo probably looks different on different computer monitors.

Ah well, alls well that ends well.
9.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chrono, Harriet, TravelingGal, movie zombie, babysteps, and stone hunter! I can be indecisive. So it may take me a while to figure out the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results