carat
color
clarity

New series "Gem Hunt" to air on the Travel Channel in Octobe

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: New series "Gem Hunt" to air on the Travel Channel in Oc

I don't know why but I thought Game of Stones would be much more realistic than Gem Hunt. I was SO wrong! Give me Diane and her crazy hand gestures any day :lol:

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock

They are both rather silly, but I watch them anyway. It's like a train wreck. You just can't keep from looking.

When the Game of Stones guy broke the emerald he was cutting, they said it was now worthless. Couldn't he cut some small stones from the pieces? In the previous show I thought it was rather lucky on their part to arrive at exactly the right moment for the sale of the sapphire after traveling by snow sled, car, and camel to find the place in the middle of the desert. And they just happened to have the exact amount of money needed to buy it.

Maybe we just like these shows for the snark value.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think your train wreck analogy is right on the money. Also, the idea - as unrealistic or fake as it may seem - that they are coming into contact with real gems is enough for most of us to keep watching. I snicker and flinch while I watch and am happy that but for us junkies, I don't know of anyone who actually watches it - and falls for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results