shape
carat
color
clarity

new sapphire e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 11:23:40 AM
Author: velogrrrrl
ok pricescopers. i am hoping that you can help me come up with some ideas for a wedding band to go with my engagement ring. i am having it custom made. any ideas of what would look good with it? i want something modern and i love the tiffany etoile band. i am open to a couple small diamonds, or maybe more sapphires in matching or contrasting colors.

you are all so creative and come up with such great pieces, i had to ask before i commit to anything else.

ideas?

Which etoile band do you mean? The pave diamonds or the scattered diamonds? Either one would look beautiful...Greenlake jeweler''s in Seattle makes some gorgeous ones with varying colors of sapphires or diamonds that would be stunning!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh like this one all the way over on the right...these are diamonds but sapphires would work too and would be gorgeous. These are by Etienne Perret:

multi-color-bandsNew.jpg

velogrrrrl

Rough_Rock
i like the scattered diamond style band.

velogrrrrl

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 11:42:29 AM
Author: neatfreak
Ohh like this one all the way over on the right...these are diamonds but sapphires would work too and would be gorgeous. These are by Etienne Perret:
OMG!!! those are sooooooo beautiful!! i am blown away!!! WOW!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad I could be of service! Any good jeweler could replicate this easily...Whiteflash even already has one (in diamonds) in their regular stock rotation, so I bet it would be inexpensive to have them set sapphires instead of diamonds.

velogrrrrl

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 11:54:58 AM
Author: neatfreak
Glad I could be of service! Any good jeweler could replicate this easily...Whiteflash even already has one (in diamonds) in their regular stock rotation, so I bet it would be inexpensive to have them set sapphires instead of diamonds.
i just sent the photo to my jeweler! i can''t wait to hear what they say. i just hope we can do something similar within my budget, which is not large.

velogrrrrl

Rough_Rock
thanks for your help neat freak :)

i met with my jeweler and i think i am going to get a 3.3 mm palladium band with 2 tiny green and 2 teeny-tiny blue round flush-set diamonds(.08 ct total). there will be a little notch in the center to fit next to my engagement ring. the jeweler said it would cost more to set the sapphires b/c they are softer so they recommended the diamonds. the diamonds are ''recycled'' from trade-ins which is what i wanted, and have been irradiated (sshhh!) which i think i am not supposed to talk about around here.

it stinks that i have to go the custom route b/c premade bands are much less than what it will cost me to have this made (esp since the diamonds are SO tiny)... but i hope it will be worth it in the end.

does $650 + tax seem like a reasonable price for this wedding ring?

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Velogrrrl- I realize I am late to the party that is the awesomeness of your engagement ring but I had to come out of my lurking to say I am BLOWN away by the color of your sapphire. That is the most gorgeous thing I have seen in forever!! Not to mention you chose an amazing setting to show it off
36.gif
Bravo!

Do you mind if I ask which online vendor you bought your sapphire from? I have been on the hunt for something in that exact color range! Oh and I love your idea for your wedding band- I too set blue/green diamonds flush into my wedding band and I love how they are bright and glittery! You'll have to promise to post pics when you get it done! I paid $650 for my 3mm custom made wedding band with 5 diamonds set into it (paladium) from my jeweler in Berkeley, CA, so I think you are getting a fair price for yours.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results