shape
carat
color
clarity

New Rubillite Find in Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
You can read it here!!

The pink is so yummy!
3.gif
Almost like a mahenge spinel color! I can''t wait to see the facetted stones in the market!

newrubilite.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 1:33:03 PM
Author:megeve
You can read it here!!

The pink is so yummy!
3.gif
Almost like a mahenge spinel color! I can''t wait to see the facetted stones in the market!
Wowza. My 1.1 ct rubellite is that color, but that material is so incredibly difficult to find in natural untreated rough. I think it''s gorgeous, and it does remind me of Mahenge''s a great deal.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve heard about this new find too and am currently waiting for one to be sourced and cut. I’m can’t wait to see one in person.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word! Look at that humongous rock!!
18.gif
Those are a very nice color!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 1:52:34 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

You can read it here!!

The pink is so yummy!
3.gif
Wowza. My 1.1 ct rubellite is that color, but that material is so incredibly difficult to find in natural untreated rough. I think it''s gorgeous, and it does remind me of Mahenge''s a great deal.
You already have one??!!!
6.gif
3.gif
Please post a pic, would love to see it!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 2:00:31 PM
Author: brandy_z28
Oh my word! Look at that humongous rock!!
18.gif
Those are a very nice color!
Its supposed to be 7kg!!
6.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 2:14:37 PM
Author: megeve

Date: 12/8/2009 1:52:34 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

You can read it here!!

The pink is so yummy!
3.gif
You already have one??!!!
6.gif
3.gif
Please post a pic, would love to see it!
I don''t have one from that find, but mine was a precision cut one from Bob Kast I bought a long while ago. It''s all over the forum in a white gold split shank LOGR. It goes from hot pink to more red depending on the lighting, and people from across the room have seen it and thought it was a ruby. I have even compared it with 2K/ct Mahenges and the dealer told me that it looked identical to them. It''s a pretty rare color for tourmaline, and it glows in some lighting, so I''m glad to see more has been discovered.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, this is super exciting. I love those pinks. In fact, I was actually in communication this weekend about getting some stones that color. Maybe now the search will be easier!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT colors. I hope we''ll be seeing these from some PS cutters in the new year.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results