shape
carat
color
clarity

New reset of my Mandarin pear spess in LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
*puts on sunglasses* No, that''s not a bright stone at all.

It looks great in that setting!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The spess looks amazing in its new home. The setting looks very well made and your jeweler did an excellent job.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! Turned out beautiful. Your rings are such a treat to look at, TL.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring... that color is just outstanding

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
The spess looks lovely in it''s new home!
30.gif
I''m totally envious of that color!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
TL -- that is a terrific setting and fits the pear perfectly. Both of your spesses are really nice
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you found a setting that you like for the spessartite. It looks great no matter what it''s set in.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
TL, I LOVE this stone. Gorgeous reset!!
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, I''m so happy you reset your Spess - it looks so much better in it''s new home!
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ALL so much for all the kind words on the stone and reset.

I was out in the sun today. Here is a shot around 10:30 AM with the sun high in the sky. I like this picture because it shows the sparkle of the diamonds.

TLspesssparkle.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the evening sun, when the sun's light rays are more bent, the orange color really explodes.

Here's a shot around 6:30 PM.

TLspesssettingsun.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same picture from further away. Sorry for the gunk in my pinky fingernail, I was grilling dinner at the time. The spess was keeping the grill hot - LOL!!

TLspesssettingsunfar.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture with 10:30 AM sunlight, but in the shade.

TLspessesindirectsun.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful spess & lovely pictures as well!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
Amazing!!! Ditto to the outstanding color
36.gif

Date: 8/9/2009 8:10:26 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Same picture from further away. Sorry for the gunk in my pinky fingernail, I was grilling dinner at the time. The spess was keeping the grill hot - LOL!!

TLspesssettingsunfar.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
Have you considered single cuts for the very tiny melees? I have a few in my older art deco pieces and they surprised me with giving larger flashes of fire. BTW, what are you doing wearing your lovely rings while grilling dinner?
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 8:10:03 AM
Author: Chrono
TL,
Have you considered single cuts for the very tiny melees? I have a few in my older art deco pieces and they surprised me with giving larger flashes of fire. BTW, what are you doing wearing your lovely rings while grilling dinner?
31.gif
Chrono,
If you get LOGR's SI stones, you do end up with single cuts, but they're cloudy -
14.gif
If you get the upgrade, you get VS diamonds, but at least they're clean. He doesn't give the option of single cut VS stones, but it would be nice if he did. I know what you mean. It still sparkles quite a bit regardless, so I'm happy. Those cloudy diamonds were awful.

As for tiny mellees, these aren't as tiny as the one double halo ring I recently bought from him. Those are so small that I think the SI diamonds are good enough. The diamonds on this pear shaped LOGR are still a nice size. The ones on my legacy above, are really big.

As for grilling. I really wasn't grilling with them on. I had finished grilling, put on the rings, and then I went outside to take the picture without realizing there was gunk in my fingernail - LOL!! We still had some yummy tuna steaks though!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what lovely rings!!!!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful. The setting really makes the stone pop!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 10:11:19 AM
Author: mochi
That''s beautiful. The setting really makes the stone pop!
Thanks again for the lovely comments from everyone!

Mochi,
Yes, I think in this particular case, this spessartite really pops against white gold.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
That’s really strange because I just requested single cut VS melees for my little 6x8 oval setting and he said it’s doable. Or are you saying that yours doesn’t have that option? I like the ones on your legacy. I like my diamonds big.
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 12:28:42 PM
TL,
That’s really strange because I just requested single cut VS melees for my little 6x8 oval setting and he said it’s doable. Or are you saying that yours doesn’t have that option? I like the ones on your legacy. I like my diamonds big.
11.gif
Okay, maybe he just changed his policy and is now offerring more options. That''s good to hear. I''ll keep that in mind. Post pics of your LOGR when you get it, please???
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t hold my feet to the fire, OK?
9.gif
I think I should be receiving it this week.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone that amazingly keeps in looking nicer each time i see it. I think that part has to due with your improving photography skills. Any ideas why the slight sleepiness is now more apparent?

Congrats again :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, what a perfect setting for your spess and what a beautiful color I might add!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 3:16:11 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
Beautiful stone that amazingly keeps in looking nicer each time i see it. I think that part has to due with your improving photography skills. Any ideas why the slight sleepiness is now more apparent?

Congrats again :)
The sleepiness is very very subtle. It''s like comparing the transparency of jello to glass, when comparing the transparency of my pear to my asscher. If it weren''t for the new reset with a completely open bottom, I would not have noticed it. The prongs were killing off all light to the stone in the prior setting by darkening the pavillion.

Thanks SS. I think my photography skills are improving, but admittedly this stone is so much fun to photograph!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 12:42:26 PM
Don’t hold my feet to the fire, OK?
9.gif
I think I should be receiving it this week.
We''ll have to come after you with cyber-pitchforks if you don''t produce some pictures!!
29.gif
2.gif

You owe us ones of those cobalts as well!!
27.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 3:22:44 PM
Author: Catmom
TL, what a perfect setting for your spess and what a beautiful color I might add!
Thanks Michelle.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what that white spot is on the stone, but I just love this picture. Thanks for looking. The whispy inclusion can be seen in the upper right hand corner.

TLpearspessshot2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same picture above, but tilted, further away and with my cuprian. Evening indirect sun.

TLspesscuprian.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results