shape
carat
color
clarity

New purse for me???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''m graduating from residency soon and I''d like to get myself a nice gift.

I''ve been carrying the same Coach tote bag as my work bag since med school - 5 years! It''s a really comfortable bag..it holds any book/notebook/papers I need, my laptop in a pinch, plus has inside pockets for my keys and such. The shoulder straps actually stay on my shoulders - which is a problem I have with some of my cheaper/lighter bags. It''s heavy, though. And it''s rather austere-looking.

Since I keep my bags a while and use them a lot, I don''t mind spending on a nice high-end bag, but I don''t want a logo bag or something very trendy. It must be able to hold standard-sized papers and have inside pockets for organization. And a shoulder strap, though I wouldn''t mind getting away from the tote-bag silhouette.

I''ve been looking on the Nordstrom''s website and I like some of the Rebecca Minkoff styles but I don''t know that they''d be convenient for what I need to use this bag for. And otherwise I just get overwhelmed by too many choices! This would be my first expensive bag (my Coach was from an outlet and <$200), so I don''t want to get the wrong one.

Any suggestions??

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone who has the Morning After Bag want to comment on how papers would fit in there? Thanks!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have the MAB but I saw one last weekend and it is not paper-sized IMO. More of a small bag that will hold wallet, phone, bottle of water, etc. Not papers.

I have a RM mini Nikki and I love it but I don''t think that you could use it for papers etc on a regular basis (I do once in a while etc).

What about the Marc by Marc Jacobs "Hillier" - it would hold papers and has the cross body or shoulder strap option.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi basil, how about one of LV''s Neverfull''s. linky

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Basil,

Congratulations on finishing your residency! That is great!

E B posted a great Coach bag (the Kristen leather hobo) in EricaR's thread. I LOVE IT. You might like it too.

Do you like Cole Haan? I have a couple and am happy with how they hold up. I get a lot of compliments on them actually. I think the leather is really nice. I also like how they are not popular (around here anyway) and don't have logos all over them! They make a lot of bigger bags that should hold papers and more. I got both of mine from Smartbargains.com.

I also like some of the Kooba bags. I have never had one so I can't comment on how it holds up, but the leather feels really nice.

I carried a Kate Spade work bag for years and it held up great. I like how her styles are pretty classic.

Let us know what you pick!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I am in to Coach right now but there are many cool bags out there. Have fun shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results