shape
carat
color
clarity

New pictures of my bling

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1328123865|3116591 said:
Dreamer, that ring is lovely (although I can certainly understand your frustrations with the mistakes). It's a .97 and 6.2? Is that a normal spread? Seems like it faces up big?

Are you looking for a loose OEC that 7mm? I always seems to find 7mm stones already in rings....

I don't know what normal spread would be! haha... this stone is 6.11 x 6.27, which makes is sound rather unround but in reality it is 6.18 - 6.20 at most points. Depth is 67% or somesuch, so it is not a shallow stone. The stone was sold to me as a 1.03ct with an appraisal indicating 6.18mm diameter and Fortekitty, who knows her stuff, guessed it would weigh between 0.92 and 0.99ct 8) I think to confidently assume an OEC is hitting the 1ct mark it needs to be more like 6.25mm in diameter, 6.3 for sure. Seems that 1.2ct stones are around 6.8mm and to hit 7mm the OECs tend to weigh more like 1.4ct or even greater.

I would ideally like a 7mm stone for a killer deal and I dont' care if it is loose or set ;)) But most seem to push $4k and I would want it closer to $3k, and less tinted is better. But I'm not *really* in the market right now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1328127221|3116627 said:
Dreamer, that ring is lovely (although I can certainly understand your frustrations with the mistakes). It's a .97 and 6.2? Is that a normal spread? Seems like it faces up big?

Are you looking for a loose OEC that 7mm? I always seems to find 7mm stones already in rings....

I don't know what normal spread would be! haha... this stone is 6.11 x 6.27, which makes is sound rather unround but in reality it is 6.18 - 6.20 at most points. Depth is 67% or somesuch, so it is not a shallow stone. The stone was sold to me as a 1.03ct with an appraisal indicating 6.18mm diameter and Fortekitty, who knows her stuff, guessed it would weigh between 0.92 and 0.99ct 8) I think to confidently assume an OEC is hitting the 1ct mark it needs to be more like 6.25mm in diameter, 6.3 for sure. Seems that 1.2ct stones are around 6.8mm and to hit 7mm the OECs tend to weigh more like 1.4ct or even greater.

I would ideally like a 7mm stone for a killer deal and I dont' care if it is loose or set ;)) But most seem to push $4k and I would want it closer to $3k, and less tinted is better. But I'm not *really* in the market right now.

I'll keep an eye out anyway DD, although I know you are good at it. However, if my brooch pans out, it's probably a bad idea to keep looking around on ebay. :cheeky:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the new mounting for the stone - very pretty!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pictures and beautiful collection. You should consider getting that .35 ct pretty stone a partner for earrings :bigsmile:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1328127221|3116627 said:

....well, if it's the thrill of the search that gets you....I'm looking for a killer of a deal on a 7-7.4mm. :lol: Your ring is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dreamer! Your rings are so gorgeous! I love your collection...especially that OEC :naughty: . Oh, who am I kidding, I would take that blingy band of yours any day! Thanks for sharing.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1328140829|3116802 said:
Dreamer! Your rings are so gorgeous! I love your collection...especially that OEC :naughty: . Oh, who am I kidding, I would take that blingy band of yours any day! Thanks for sharing.

I bet our two OECs would be killer studs! LOL! They are almost twins.

kalrik I thought of that, but I want larger studs :lol: I sold a 0.70cttw pair last summer!

I might make a pendant for my mom for her 60th birthday this coming summer. BGD has a really cool flower design that I think would compliment her flower engagement ring really well! http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-pendants/flowers-for-valentines-pendant-14k-rose-gold-5813r14

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1328143664|3116841 said:
ihy138|1328140829|3116802 said:

I bet our two OECs would be killer studs! LOL! They are almost twins.

kalrik I thought of that, but I want larger studs :lol: I sold a 0.70cttw pair last summer!

I might make a pendant for my mom for her 60th birthday this coming summer. BGD has a really cool flower design that I think would compliment her flower engagement ring really well! http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-pendants/flowers-for-valentines-pendant-14k-rose-gold-5813r14

LOL! You're so right! Hmmm...interested in a time share?! :lol:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all of your rings but the OEC stole my heart. Stunning!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its funny how people just love OECs! I am very lucky to have found this one -- buying OECs on ebay is a little like putting money into a gumball machine. You don't know what you will get! This is a really nice example of the cut I think.

I admit, this diamond is much more impressive in macro photos than in person ;)) It is harder to appreciate the faceting in real life on a 6mm surface. Hence my urge for a bigger one :rolleyes: :tongue: But this one is a winner.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
You have such classy taste! Seriously, I love it all! :love: :love: :love:

Burk

Ideal_Rock
The new setting is lovely! I love the fishtail prongs and your stone is stunning!! I'll be following to see if you find a deal on a 7mm stone!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm so glad that new setting worked out! It's just beautiful, way nicer looking than I could have imagined. Great pictures too! :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra|1328245573|3118070 said:
Yay! I'm so glad that new setting worked out! It's just beautiful, way nicer looking than I could have imagined. Great pictures too! :bigsmile:

Thanks Lyra! It is so nice to hear from you, friend 8)

ETA: And of course thank you to everyone who posted! I just had not seen Lyra in a while so I singled her out, but that was rude.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1328150758|3116933 said:
Its funny how people just love OECs! I am very lucky to have found this one -- buying OECs on ebay is a little like putting money into a gumball machine. You don't know what you will get! This is a really nice example of the cut I think.

I admit, this diamond is much more impressive in macro photos than in person ;)) It is harder to appreciate the faceting in real life on a 6mm surface. Hence my urge for a bigger one :rolleyes: :tongue: But this one is a winner.

true to the gumball, those are great pics you took of your bling!! :bigsmile: I didn't want to threadjack tgal's thread; what you said makes sense about the price of the three carat stone! I was smiling at the pic of your son in the background because that looks like it could of been my house w/the baby toys, cute little guy you have there!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I've looked at that setting many times, since I think it's so simple and pretty, and I'm glad your stone found a home in it (for now). For the price, it's awesome. Your collection is so great, Dreamer! Trying not to be jealous over here... :Up_to_something: :mrgreen:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous temp for your OEC!! Issues aside (which I really can't see at all in your pics), it looks fantastic :sun: The head makes me think of Cinnabon - the prongs are swirly, almost... or maybe that's just me! It looks lovely on your finger ::)

Remember how I said I was sure the diamond band look would be less noticeable than the Honker Solitaire look? Well, yeah, you fivestoners were right... the Mass Of Sparkle is definitely more eye-catching! So I'm not the least bit surprised that your right hand outblings your left :love:

Y'know, I'm glad you kept the Aurora afterall. I *must* see it one day... consider yourself obligated to spend a few hours with me should you ever come to upstate NY (of course I want to meet you, too :halo: :bigsmile:) Really, though, you appreciate it so much more than my mum ever would, she's just too much of a minimalist at heart! As reflected in the fivestone that WF is making instead, based on their Skye U-prong :bigsmile:

Do you ever wear the sapphire? 'Cause if not, it would make a seriously stunning bracelet centerpiece. In rose gold. .. semi-bezeled... with super-delicate engraving all over the basket... not that you asked...

I'll be on the lookout for 7mm OECs. Since you *know* that if you put this one up on Preloved it'll be gone in minutes! :naughty: Nice to know that not everyone is abandoning the sizewagon ::cough DS cough:: :tongue:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1328300241|3118435 said:
That is a gorgeous temp for your OEC!! Issues aside (which I really can't see at all in your pics), it looks fantastic :sun: The head makes me think of Cinnabon - the prongs are swirly, almost... or maybe that's just me! It looks lovely on your finger ::)

I totally see that! In photos the rounded scrolly look to the prongs is much mor obvious. In person, they look just like regular fishtail prongs and it gives the diamond a very square outline which is neat. I think for me I prefer a more delicate fishtail or else a strong fishtail like this on a larger stone because I like my diamonds to look round, but I am certainly enjoying this ring now!

Remember how I said I was sure the diamond band look would be less noticeable than the Honker Solitaire look? Well, yeah, you fivestoners were right... the Mass Of Sparkle is definitely more eye-catching! So I'm not the least bit surprised that your right hand outblings your left :love:

LOL. Yssie I was totally laughing my tush off when you were like "Oh I want my ring to be less noticable... so I will add MORE diamond!" hee hee. Isn't is amazing the wattage you get off a while finger of bling? Even my band which is obviously much smaller diamonds is incredibly eye catching. I wear my Aurora on my left and the solitaire on my right, actually, so my good old marrid hand still out blings my right! I will post shots as soon as I can get time with kiddos occupied and DH willing. Actually, a solitaire RHR looks really good with a blingy band on the left. A very nice combination.

Y'know, I'm glad you kept the Aurora afterall. I *must* see it one day... consider yourself obligated to spend a few hours with me should you ever come to upstate NY (of course I want to meet you, too :halo: :bigsmile:) Really, though, you appreciate it so much more than my mum ever would, she's just too much of a minimalist at heart! As reflected in the fivestone that WF is making instead, based on their Skye U-prong :bigsmile:

IT all worked out for the best it seems! Minimalist is not a word I would use for this style of ring. It is slightly romantic, and very blingy and eye catching. It is very much my style and I am so glad to have it. For me, what really sealed it for me was pairing the band with a plain band. For some reason it makes the look feel more complete, and makes it feel like a real wedding set not a fashion ring, if that makes sense. It is so practical for my lifestyle too. And if I am ever in that area for sure we will meet up! Or if you are in the north west for some reason

Do you ever wear the sapphire? 'Cause if not, it would make a seriously stunning bracelet centerpiece. In rose gold. .. semi-bezeled... with super-delicate engraving all over the basket... not that you asked...

NO, I actually don't wear it at all :blackeye: I find the mount bulky and not very comfortable. I debate resetting it all the time. I don't think I would wear a bracelet. I was thinking necklace actually. With a very substantial halo and perhaps a small bezelled round above it... hmmm... my whells are turning now. I happen to have a 30 point RB that would make a great topper, then I could recycle my Dream band diamonds in to the halo... I should think about it. I don't own a necklace and the right design would likely get worn a fair bit.

I'll be on the lookout for 7mm OECs. Since you *know* that if you put this one up on Preloved it'll be gone in minutes! :naughty: Nice to know that not everyone is abandoning the sizewagon ::cough DS cough:: :tongue:

CHUCKLE I laugh at our dear friend DS when she talks about the change in size since she went from a 1.6ct to a 1.58 and no one but her will ever notice ::) DS you know it's your mind! Luv ya! :tongue:

But don't look too hard for that 7mm stone. I am not really looking now. Actually, I just bought a 60 point OEC last night that was such a ridiculous steal. We'll see if it pans out, but if it does I will hunt for a mate for earrings :Up_to_something:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to comparison pics of the Aurora and OEC IRL :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1328070957|3116177 said:
Thanks everyone!

The solitaire is the one that Poppyseed has on diamond bistro, cost $150, and made by a company called Amcor. I am overall happy with the ring for the price. There was a mess up with the sizing, I ordered a size 7.5 and got a 6.25.

What an amazing price for a very pretty setting.

While lunching with a good friend last week--our conversation turned to finding well priced stock settings and not having to always default to "custom".... Certainly one of the variables we discussed was accessiblity of local stuff or just LACK of stuff in Canada in general; big country, desirable stock mounting wasteland!

cheers--Sharon

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Your new OEC is wonderful! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1328123618|3116585 said:
I, for one, particularly like the little sprog on the floor in the background. I have PJ's just like that! :bigsmile:

Oh right, diamonds. I wish I had your knowledge/savvy about how to buy OEC's and whatnot on the secondary market. Wish I lived close, maybe we could trade services...need a landscape plan done? :naughty:

Been down with a doozer cold, thanks to my sons (who used to look just like the sprog on the floor BTW :bigsmile: ). Quite serious D about the above. Need some advice through a diamond selling and then buying process, but not too keen on posting all of the details. Want to prevent...hurt feelings more than anything. Let me know if y'all would like to trade services. I can let you know my qualifications if you need some reassurance!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone!

Begonia I am happy to help you here on PS, for free even ;)) Just post a thread in Rocky Talky and I will help as much as I can!

Sharon I agree, the whole jewelery thing in Canada is really challenging.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1328390792|3119132 said:
(Yssie) I'll be on the lookout for 7mm OECs. Since you *know* that if you put this one up on Preloved it'll be gone in minutes! Nice to know that not everyone is abandoning the sizewagon ::cough DS cough::

CHUCKLE I laugh at our dear friend DS when she talks about the change in size since she went from a 1.6ct to a 1.58 and no one but her will ever notice ::) DS you know it's your mind! Luv ya! :tongue:

But don't look too hard for that 7mm stone. I am not really looking now. Actually, I just bought a 60 point OEC last night that was such a ridiculous steal. We'll see if it pans out, but if it does I will hunt for a mate for earrings :Up_to_something:

:lol: :twirl:

(I can really tell the difference, though! I'm sure I have the right size for me now, but it is visually smaller than the other one. Others won't notice because they just aren't usually that observant since it isn't theirs.)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Another example of your fabulous taste!
I've liked those square settings for round stones since I first saw one in person a few years ago. Wow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results