shape
carat
color
clarity

New Pics!! Bezel Princess with Baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone! I am so glad I found PS - seeing everyone''s blig is such a relief after a bad day. Yesterday was 2 months since I''ve been engaged and I finally took (and resized!) some decent pics.

I hope you enjoy these~ I especially love the handshot.

handshot123412047.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Side or profile view

sidshot12341207.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
side or profile...

sideview12341207.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
one more

profile12341207.jpg

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
one more, finally a little fire! ...in the box

inbox12341207.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like that a lot. It''s very unique. Are you going to put a wedding band with it, or will it stand alone?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It appears to be very lovely . . . but, I NEED bigger pictures! Please! Up close and personal!

It does look unusual, and I like when someone does the extraordinary rather than the usual! And just by having baguettes, I know already it must be yummy!

So get that puppy ready for its close-up!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, congratulations! Can you tell us the specs?
36.gif

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!!

I''ll try to figure out how to get clear close-ups, these are the best I''ve done so far and after the re-size they lose something......My camera doesn''t ahve a macro mode that I can find....

I''m not sure what I''m going to do about a band, I do want one, probably a skinny square edge plain band that (ideally) will be cut so that it will fit flush.... I''m thinking maybe a wrap (or whatever you call those things with 2 skinny bands on either side) .... there''s plenty of time to figure it out, we''re planning a Dec 08 wedding!
Any advice from others with a wide-bank e-ring would be appreciated!

The specs are a little sparse but what I have is the center stone is 1.06 I color and SI1, and the baguettes are listed as ''near colorless'' and they total .81 for a grand total of 1.87. The band is 18k white gold.

I was shocked when the appaisal came and it was an I - it appears very white to my eye, I think either its my untrained eye or that the bezel does something to enhance the color.

I did choose it myself and tried on hundreds of others before settling on this one. I love the sturdy feel it has - the wide band gives it some heft and the way the baguetes are laid out gives it a great bling factor. Everyone has been extremely impressed so far. It is teh first one that really seemed to fit and be ''right'' on my hand.

I chose it months before the proposal - jsut gave him teh card and said whenever you''re ready, this is one I like. FIr us, it was perfect, he knows I love research and I was nervous about what he would choose on his own!

I have a ring tan line already! And I jsut discovered cleaning with windex - amazing!

ONe thing though, I am noticing the underside is already starting to appear a little yellow. I understand this is a side effect of a white gold band and that it can be redipped - but what is the redipping process about? Do they remove the stones when it is redipped? Is there any way to stop it from wearing away so fast?

Thanks in advance for advice re banks and white gold~
Rachel

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 3:11:41 PM
Author: missrachelk
Thanks!!

I''ll try to figure out how to get clear close-ups, these are the best I''ve done so far and after the re-size they lose something......My camera doesn''t ahve a macro mode that I can find....

I''m not sure what I''m going to do about a band, I do want one, probably a skinny square edge plain band that (ideally) will be cut so that it will fit flush.... I''m thinking maybe a wrap (or whatever you call those things with 2 skinny bands on either side) .... there''s plenty of time to figure it out, we''re planning a Dec 08 wedding!
Any advice from others with a wide-bank e-ring would be appreciated!

The specs are a little sparse but what I have is the center stone is 1.06 I color and SI1, and the baguettes are listed as ''near colorless'' and they total .81 for a grand total of 1.87. The band is 18k white gold.

I was shocked when the appaisal came and it was an I - it appears very white to my eye, I think either its my untrained eye or that the bezel does something to enhance the color.

I did choose it myself and tried on hundreds of others before settling on this one. I love the sturdy feel it has - the wide band gives it some heft and the way the baguetes are laid out gives it a great bling factor. Everyone has been extremely impressed so far. It is teh first one that really seemed to fit and be ''right'' on my hand.

I chose it months before the proposal - jsut gave him teh card and said whenever you''re ready, this is one I like. FIr us, it was perfect, he knows I love research and I was nervous about what he would choose on his own!

I have a ring tan line already! And I jsut discovered cleaning with windex - amazing!

ONe thing though, I am noticing the underside is already starting to appear a little yellow. I understand this is a side effect of a white gold band and that it can be redipped - but what is the redipping process about? Do they remove the stones when it is redipped? Is there any way to stop it from wearing away so fast?

Thanks in advance for advice re banks and white gold~
Rachel
That is a downside to white gold. Gold is yellow, so even though they alloy it with other metals to make it white, it''s never as white as platinum, so it has to be redipped in rhodium. They basically electroplate it in rhodium. It varies from person to person how often it has to be done, but I have to do mine about every 6 months. It costs approx. $35. They do not have to remove the stones.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, wear it in good health!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. Looks beautiful on your hand!!!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I took it to the jeweller''s today and they redipped it for free and said if it wears off so quickly again they''ll make me a new mounting. It looks like new again.

~Rachel

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congrats!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very lovely ring!
1.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2007 7:59:06 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Its fabulous! I love that its kind of chunky. Its just beautiful!! I think flower and Christmas shots are in order!
2.gif
I agree! Fabulous, and Let''s see that white gold against some Christmas Red.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results