shape
carat
color
clarity

New Photo with questions for the cut experts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is another question for you cut big dogs. After all the information given so freely yesterday I thirst for more.

This is a gorgeous stone and quite strongly shows an very nice H&A pattern under a normal viewer and is quite stunning under the firescope, showing of course some leakage.

In the Ideal scope the ray at the 2 O''clock position reflects whiteish black rather than the black I see in the other viewers. T-57%, Depth 61.9% CA 34, Pa 40.5 Ex Ex (PGS Consultation).

Any ideas for me on what is causing this interesting phenomina?

Wink

P.S. Leonid, I forgot to reply in the other thread, that YES! I am always interested in a Pricescope getogether.

what-causes.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a full sarin on that stone?
Heart photos would be helpful also.
Also is it an si and is there a big inclusion in that area?

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
a rouge light source gettin in there... from behind you? desk lamp maybe?

*random brain storm*

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/22/2005 7:22:16 PM
Author: strmrdr
Do you have a full sarin on that stone?
Heart photos would be helpful also.
Also is it an si and is there a big inclusion in that area?

Yes, it is an SI and you can see the clear inclusion better in the arrows photo than in the clear photo. No i do not have a complete sarin, only the information that I gave from the cert, and I can not take heart photos, I have not figured that out yet.

Also, the light is from the ideal scope stone holder that G Holloway sells, and it is only in the camera that this shows up, I am wondering if it is a cut issue, or a reflection from the camera lense issue...

Wink

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wink, got your PM about this.

The light area at 2-o'clock is external light coming from the top somehow. Do you have the complete, uncropped image?

Also, I'm sure you know I'll ask... Any hearts imagery possible? That view will tell more about patterning than anything else.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post the inclusion plot?
In the tip of that arrow it looks like the grade making inclusion if im seeing it right.
Im wondering if the cutter yawed a couple facets to avoid problems with it.

Try this take a toilet paper roll tube and use it as a light block around the is scope if it will fit so the only light is from the bottom.
put the lense against the top of the tube focus and shot.
If its 2 short try a paper towel tube.
Iv been curious if this would work well so since im not set up for it if your try it let me know the results.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/22/2005 11:17:36 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Hi Wink, got your PM about this.

The light area at 2-o''clock is external light coming from the top somehow. Do you have the complete, uncropped image?

Also, I''m sure you know I''ll ask... Any hearts imagery possible? That view will tell more about patterning than anything else.

That is the complete uncropped image. I take them up close and personal and that is at about 10x mag. And, no, I have not figured out the hearts imagery in the last 48 hours. No time to keep beating my head against the wall. I am taking the pictures in an image dome from Gemvision so I bet the light is coming in from the side dome somewhere. Thanks!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/23/2005 12
6.gif
6:26 AM
Author: strmrdr
Can you post the inclusion plot?
In the tip of that arrow it looks like the grade making inclusion if im seeing it right.
Im wondering if the cutter yawed a couple facets to avoid problems with it.

Try this take a toilet paper roll tube and use it as a light block around the is scope if it will fit so the only light is from the bottom.
put the lense against the top of the tube focus and shot.
If its 2 short try a paper towel tube.
Iv been curious if this would work well so since im not set up for it if your try it let me know the results.
Storm, that is in fact the grade setting inclusion. It is well within the body of the stone though, so no yawing was done to avoid it, but it was a good thought!

There are only three or four inches between the stone and the camera lense so it might work if I can find the time to try it in the near future I will. It is 7:33 PM here and I am hungry and tired. I am going home now, dinner is getting (or rather is already) cold and my poor wife is alone again when I should be there with her, so it will not be tonight...

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results