shape
carat
color
clarity

new movie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Kirk Cameron (from Growing Pains) is in a new movie called Fireproof which is opening today. It sounds interesting. It''s about marriage and how a couple avoids divorce, but it''s not only emotional, it also has a lot of action (He plays a firefighter). I will try to go see it this weekend and thought that some of you on this board might like to know about it.
Black Jade

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
It''s by the same director who did Facing Giants. It has religious undertones but I''ve heard it''s getting great reviews. They had Kirk and Alex Kettering (?director?) on Dr Phil yesterday. I didn''t really watch it, but if anyone wants info like that, I''m sure you could find it on Dr Phil''s website.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw something on TV yesterday about how ultra religious he is now. I think he has his own ministry. He refused to kiss the actress who plays his wife so they dressed up his real wife and she "filled in." Kinda strange.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see it.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~ I''ve seen him on late night television in the middle of a street asking people to accept Christ. (sorry, I don''t mean for this to be religious, just the whereabout of the actor).

I don''t think it''s weird for him to want his wife to fill in for an actress. I think it''s admirable that he takes his marriage vows seriously and if that is something that would cause ill feelings towards each other, he should by all means do what is best for their marriage. I will admit it''s "weird" by Hollywood standards, but frankly "Hollywood" standards are weird to me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, I just think kissing other actors is just part of the job. His wife is/was an actress so I feel like there should be an understanding. I have never heard an actor make that kind of demand. But I guess if the director is willing to work with him and it works for him and his marriage it doesn''t really matter. Just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard he wasn''t paid for this role, but his camp did get a donation..... I like him, and admire him. I''m not the religious type. But in this day and age, it''s nice to see two actors have a succesful marriage.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is very committed to his faith and family and thankfully is one who has not let Hollywood totally ruin his life like these young stars today such as Brittany, Lindsay, etc.

I believe the movie will be a faith-based movie, so those who are deciding whether to see it should know that.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I''m not super-religious, but I think it looks really good. I like Kirk Cameron a lot, so I''m excited to see it. Will let everyone know what I think once I see it!
5.gif
Did you go see it yet Black Jade? What''d you think?

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Didn''t get to see it yet. Hubby had a project and was working all weekend. Now its finished so maybe we''ll get out within the next couple of days.
I had friends who saw it and liked it. Did anyone here get a chance?

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 6:40:47 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Tacori~ I''ve seen him on late night television in the middle of a street asking people to accept Christ. (sorry, I don''t mean for this to be religious, just the whereabout of the actor).

I don''t think it''s weird for him to want his wife to fill in for an actress. I think it''s admirable that he takes his marriage vows seriously and if that is something that would cause ill feelings towards each other, he should by all means do what is best for their marriage. I will admit it''s ''weird'' by Hollywood standards, but frankly ''Hollywood'' standards are weird to me.
Maybe more Hollywood people should try this, the way they get divorced and then marry their co-stars all the time!

Just joking--well, sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results