shape
carat
color
clarity

New JKT project! My first with first stone purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Well Julia has designed a pendant with my first Tanga purchase. It is a pendant for my daughter (20), for her graduation from dental hygiene school in March, 2010...I''ll post the specs later...the green stones will be peridot (her birthstone, garnet mine)...kind of a mother daughter thing...

JKTPendant.jpg

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Should I have the Tanga dangle instead of attached...I think it would look better...suggestions?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful, I do think it might be nice to have the garnet dangle a bit, so its a bit more free flowing otherwise it looks to be a bit stiff. Great gift btw
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
Its really lovely and the meaning of the birthstones are fantastic! I would dangle the garnet for sure.

-A

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice design! Another vote for dangle, assuming it''s doable (see no reason why it wouldn''t be, but still...).

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Is that a hidden bale in the top part of the swirl? I vote for a dangle too.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
How pretty! I''m sure your daughter will love the pendant. And add another vote to the dangle column!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely dangle. Get movement and sparkle where you can. Very pretty pendant.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty pendant design! JKT is amazing!!
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Amazing design and what a nice gift to give your daughter.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely design and I echo the idea of the garnet dangling! Really can''t wait to see this one done!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely -- what a great gift! Another vote for dangle.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful design, and another vote for a dangle!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely design!
12.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, so pretty! And such a sweet story!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2009 1:01:21 PM
Author:fairwayflunkie
Well Julia has designed a pendant with my first Tanga purchase. It is a pendant for my daughter (20), for her graduation from dental hygiene school in March, 2010...I''ll post the specs later...the green stones will be peridot (her birthstone, garnet mine)...kind of a mother daughter thing...
Congratulations on her graduation!! I love the style, and I love pink and green together.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the finished jewelry. It''s going to be gorgeous!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all, dangle it is!...She might put a hinge type thingy on it...not sure what that would look like...

Yes, Kismet the bale is hidden in the "S" part...actually never thought of the "S" part...her name is Sandra...how cool is that
9.gif
Oops just saw that the S is upside down...LOL

The only thing I'm concerned about is the scale/size...it's only 7/8" long and 1/4" wide...I think the "S" should be a bit larger, then dangle/hinge thing...scaling down to the tanga...

What do you all think?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definately Dangle! What a beautiful piece that represents both mother and daughter! She is going to love it!!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
yay to having it dangle!!! what a lovely gift for your daughter i love the color combo too
9.gif

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Well dangle it is! Julia has agreed to mirror image the swirl so it''s an "S" make it a bit larger, double bezel the tanga and attach it using a small hinge...

Projects are so exciting!...
9.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really pretty, I can''t wait to see the finished product!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2009 1:07:14 PM
Author: fairwayflunkie
Well dangle it is! Julia has agreed to mirror image the swirl so it''s an ''S'' make it a bit larger, double bezel the tanga and attach it using a small hinge...

Projects are so exciting!...
9.gif
WOW she is so easy to work with! And it''s going to be a lovely pendant!! I can''t wait to see IRL photos. TFS!!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
I can''t wait either Stone Hunter, but alas it''s only for March so it will be a waiting game...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous design. I believe that having some movement in pendants (aka dangle) allows the stone to shimmer and sparkle better than a stationary pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results