shape
carat
color
clarity

New J color upgrade from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:58:30 PM
Author: Harriet
Again?! Congratulations. It''s lovely,
Yep again
9.gif

Thank you Harriet!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 3:46:48 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 12/2/2007 1:30:57 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Maisie, at the rate you''re upgrading you''ll have a boulder on your finger before you even renew your vows! It''s beautiful!!!
Well wouldn''t that be cool ...
31.gif
It would be more than cool, it would be well deserved, you''re such a lovely lady.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie,

I don''t know how I missed this until now. What a gorgeous setting! I love it! Stunning!
30.gif
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 6:19:59 PM

Date: 12/2/2007 3:46:48 PM

Date: 12/2/2007 1:30:57 PM
Maisie, at the rate you''re upgrading you''ll have a boulder on your finger before you even renew your vows! It''s beautiful!!!
Well wouldn''t that be cool ...
31.gif
It would be more than cool, it would be well deserved, you''re such a lovely lady.
Aww Kimberly! Thankyou! What a lovely thing to say - That comment really made a bad day better
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 6:36:41 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Maisie,

I don''t know how I missed this until now. What a gorgeous setting! I love it! Stunning!
30.gif
30.gif
Thankyou Zoe - I love this setting, I would recommend it to anyone. Its comfy and pretty - What more could you ask for!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
It''s gorgeous! From a fellow thrilled J owner to another, CONGRATS! Woohoo WF!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Maise

That is lovely, just gorgeous. We are stone spec twins, only the clarity is slightly different on mine.

I have to say your hands are far more elegant than mine, so your stone looks way bigger on your than mine does on me.

I am so glad you ''went for it'', a lovely treat for Christmas!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 10:30:37 PM
Author: Jenn5504
36.gif
It''s gorgeous! From a fellow thrilled J owner to another, CONGRATS! Woohoo WF!
Yey to Whiteflash and its fantastic upgrade policy!!!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 3:36:40 AM
Author: Samantha Red
Maise

That is lovely, just gorgeous. We are stone spec twins, only the clarity is slightly different on mine.

I have to say your hands are far more elegant than mine, so your stone looks way bigger on your than mine does on me.

I am so glad you ''went for it'', a lovely treat for Christmas!
Thank you Samantha! I had to say I am surprised just how big it looks on me, considering I am a size 7! I feel like I have massive hands compared to some of the Pricescopers
9.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Sadly the diamond shrinkage syndrome will set in soon. These boards are lethal for it. My fiance has made it abudantly clear that there will never be any upgrade to my engagement ring; for sentimental reasons. So I will just have to work on him for RHR''s from now on

1 carat is huge for the UK isn''t it, but I am thinking how much better a 2 - 3 ct would be so much better on my ''man hands''

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 5:27:46 AM
Author: Samantha Red
Sadly the diamond shrinkage syndrome will set in soon. These boards are lethal for it. My fiance has made it abudantly clear that there will never be any upgrade to my engagement ring; for sentimental reasons. So I will just have to work on him for RHR''s from now on

1 carat is huge for the UK isn''t it, but I am thinking how much better a 2 - 3 ct would be so much better on my ''man hands''
I''m absolutely with you!! I am ashamed to admit I already have my eye on a 1.5ct!
25.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s just lovely Maisie

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 2:45:18 PM
Author: sevens one
it''s just lovely Maisie
Thank you very much
9.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
It''s fabulous! I know you''ve posted pics of your original yg wedding band but have you shown us what you''ll be wearing with it after you renew your vows?
31.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 4:18:39 PM
Author: lisaC
It's fabulous! I know you've posted pics of your original yg wedding band but have you shown us what you'll be wearing with it after you renew your vows?
31.gif
I really love the Scattered Diamond band from Whiteflash. I will more than likely get that as the band my hubby wants is from WF too. Might as well get a few more diamonds on my finger!

wfbandshelley1.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hi Maisie,

I had to go looking for your thread. And WOW. I love your choice of stone, the ring looks wonderful. Well done all round.

I wish you many pleasant hours staring at it.

18.gif

Regarding the scattered band, I bought it (3mm plat) for our anniversary at the beginning of this month and cannot recommend it highly enough. I admit, at the time I felt it was expensive because it does not have a high ct weight but now it is on my hot little finger I love love love it. It screams quality, is super super comfort fit is very heavy and looks like a million dollars. It really does. In case you are wondering the scatter goes around the band fully and there are no cleaning holes. It looks wonderful on its own and behaves very lady like in the company of other bands or an e-ring.

Let me know if you have any q''s on it. [Ps. When DH first saw it, he called it the Mr Blobby ring, the name has stuck now, but in a nice way!]
nice way!]

Love the J. Enjoy it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Steel! I am glad you asked if I have any questions, because I do!

Does the scattered band sit nicely with your e-ring? Also are the diamonds secure in the way they are set? Do you think there is any chance I may lose one if I wasn''t careful enough? I also love the shared prong setting....is that comfy to wear? I am seriously considering changing my setting to the WF tiffany style that you have, is that comfortable too?

Sorry for so many questions!
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 4:37:10 PM
Thankyou Steel! I am glad you asked if I have any questions, because I do!
Does the scattered band sit nicely with your e-ring?
Yes.
Bear in mind, I have the 6 prong tiff replica, the head of which impacts the shape of the shank quite low; so that if the scattered band were taller it would not sit flush. In fact they would rub on each other. The band is rounded and not flat so this should help it to sit under the head of some e-rings if you understand. I will take pics later.

Also are the diamonds secure in the way they are set? Do you think there is any chance I may lose one if I wasn''t careful enough?
I worried about this too. Honestly they look snug as a bug in a rug. It looks sturdy too, but I wouldn''t wear it gardening
28.gif

I also love the shared prong setting....is that comfy to wear?
My eternity has history, but yes it is very comfortable. The diamonds are amazing little performers, shining their little hearts out.
17.gif
The reflection they give out, say on the dash in the car, or on the train carriage wall is so aaaamazing. They all have sharp little arrows. Honestly the prongs and scalloping is not perfect and is not really symmetrical. But I got over that, it is not machine pumped out jewellery. The prongs do not scuff the finger or feel annoying. But now that I do not wear the eternity all the time, I notice when I do wear it because it is less comfortable than my other bands.

I am seriously considering changing my setting to the WF tiffany style that you have, is that comfortable too?
WOW. The knife edge is a DREAM ring.

Let me tell you a story, I am obsessed (in a healthy way

28.gif
) with Charlotte''s character in S&tC, particularly her 2ct Tiffany. Now my baby is ''only'' 1ct, but I believe it is the twin of her 2ct. When I got the reset, I looked forwards to getting out my box set and pausing on the 2ct. When I did, I was beaming. In my mind it is a twin. I love it. [Caution: If you think I am wrong and another set is better or that I am just deluded, please don''t tell me here. I don''t want to know. Denial isn''t just in Egypt]

Now lets get down to it. What I love about the knife edge ring? The 6 prongs. I feel are super secure, baby is not going anywhere. The 6 prong head is very sleek and sophisticated looking; it looks expensive and cups the stone beautifully. It doesn’t sit low either, I was worried about that. Because it was a 1ct I didn''t want my stone to look smaller. I was very upset that the knife edge wasn''t sharp on the shank. I wanted a very sharp V like the original. But WF couldn''t or wouldn''t do this for me. But I must say, when I got her back I wasn’t disappointed at all. The band is about 3mm when it reaches the head and a wonderfully dainty 2mm at the back. The plat is super shiny. The comfort fit is so sleek it si a dream to wear.

WARNING: This reset will not be cheap, factor in the $450 you will have to spend on the matching knife edge band. Honestly, you CANNOT buy one without the other. Its like going to adopt kittens, you have to be very strong to leave with one and not the other. …

Sorry for so many questions!
9.gif
Tell me what kind of pics you would like and I will get busy!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie, I missed this somehow! I thought this one was a different thread and checked it today to see if you added handshots...and there they were in the beginning of the thread. Doy!

It''s gorgeous Maisie! I have always loved that setting too, so I am glad you kept it. It''s just all PERFECTION. Congrats!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the quick response Steel!!

I would love a close up shot of the knife edge wedding band and the ering!

I know I definitely want to get a 6 prong setting. I am really worried I will ding my diamond. I think once James is older and I don''t have to push the pushchair, lift him in and out of the car etc, I will worry less about my ring. I love the setting I have but I will have to change it. I don''t want a ring I am worried about wearing. I have it insured of course.

I''m glad you say the shank isn''t very sharp, that was one of my concerns as I think it might irritate my finger.

Oh, and I don''t think you are mad for your SATC obsession!!
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 5:55:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Maisie, I missed this somehow! I thought this one was a different thread and checked it today to see if you added handshots...and there they were in the beginning of the thread. Doy!

It''s gorgeous Maisie! I have always loved that setting too, so I am glad you kept it. It''s just all PERFECTION. Congrats!!!
Thank you TG! I don''t mind you missing this thread, you have had your head full of earrings!!
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Come on Maisie.....

I am sure you could get that camera out again and grab us some more shots of your beauty?

You are able to capture the arrows so well!

excitedexcited.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Oh its just perfect!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
KILLER STONE and beautiful setting, Maisie!
30.gif

Welcome to the Happy J Club!
36.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!!
36.gif
Congratulations on a gorgeous ring, and obviously an awesome catch of a hubby!
3.gif
2.gif

You guys are starting to convince me on the J''s...they are SO white!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 7:14:38 PM
Author: Steel

Come on Maisie.....

I am sure you could get that camera out again and grab us some more shots of your beauty?

I am hoping for some sunshine.... it may be a little while lol!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 7:31:06 PM
Author: Fashionvictim
Oh its just perfect!
Thank you very much
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 9:56:37 PM
Author: Lynn B
KILLER STONE and beautiful setting, Maisie!
30.gif

Welcome to the Happy J Club!
36.gif
Thank you Lynn! I absolutely adore my diamond - its so beautiful, it performs so well in all lighting conditions. This is my 3rd diamond, and its my favourite!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 10:25:38 PM
Author: BigDiamonds
It''s beautiful!!
36.gif
Congratulations on a gorgeous ring, and obviously an awesome catch of a hubby!
3.gif
2.gif

You guys are starting to convince me on the J''s...they are SO white!
Thank you BD! My husband is the best!

I would definitely recommend a J, mine is so well cut that I can''t see any tint in it at all. Well thats how I feel anyway - I know others are more colour sensitive than me.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2007 5:13:38 AM

Date: 12/7/2007 7:14:38 PM
Author: Steel

Come on Maisie.....

I am hoping for some sunshine.... it may be a little while lol!
I take it the weather is pants where you are too Maiz???
14.gif
Tiddling down here it is....
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results