shape
carat
color
clarity

New items from Sarah at Kojima Pearls~

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I visited Sarah at Kojima Pearls a few weeks ago and had a great time at her studio! So many pearlies to choose from. Ialready posted my silver dagger ssp necklace in the daily wear thread, but I just got some new baubles in the mail!

here's what I couldn't leave behind...:roll:

img_5592.jpg

more pics later. :tongue:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Now that is just cruel!!!!! I loved the necklace you posted so I can't wait to see your other pieces!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is so wrong! Now get back here with pictures of the baubles.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I had so much fun photographing the pearls! Here's what I have...You'll recognize the spike necklace....

img_5593.jpg

When I saw this necklace on Kojima's website, I knew I had to see them in person. I fell hard for them at the studio. It looks pink, purple, green, and gold under different lighting. Here's the close up of the ripples...here they look purple and gold. The size is 11-13mm. The clasp is very unusual and super easy to use! I much prefer it to the ball clasps of my other necklaces. Sarah also made matching earrings and sent me the extra pearls from shortening the strand to my preferred length.
img_5599.jpg

here's the ripple necklace on:
img_5604.jpg

here's another pic of the necklace and earrings on:
img_5602.jpg

I was also searching for the perfect pair of baroque Ts for earrings to match my baroque T strand. And here's a close up of the earrings -
img_5598.jpg

earrings with the matching necklace-
img_5607.jpg

and just for fun - ripples plus tahitians!
img_5611.jpg img_5613.jpg

I think the wait was worth it... :angel:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
uploading the pics took some time.... :bigsmile:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you did well! I adore the colors in those ripples. :lickout: The spike necklace is so cool and unusual. I also like your new Tahitian earrings with your strand (although that set seems so calm next to your other new purchases).

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! :angel: Gorgeous! I love the color shifting on the pearls!

Very pretty, indeed. :clap:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great colors for you!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo -- I love your purchases! The ripples are absolutely gorgeous. Wear all your new pieces in good health.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Just drooling here :lickout: . All lovely, but ripples are from heaven!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful ripples. I'm wondering if you looked at the Kasumi pearls while you were there? This ripple strand must have given them a run for their money.

Great choice of pearls! :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well done! Beautiful pearls ! Love the colour on those ripples ! And, nice match on the earrings! Spike is very cool. :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I actually really like the color combination of the ripples and Tahitians twisted together.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Those ripples are amazing! I really need to bite the bullet soon because they look so great on everyone!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Mapo- your new pieces are beautiful. I love the combination of the ripples with the tahitian pearls. Thanks for sharing pictures.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! How long are the necklaces?

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really love these new pearls! After seeing the "holy grail" ripples from Kevin's blog, I was curious to see more of these ripples but in a smaller size. This was the best of the bunch IMO at Kojima at the time. Sarah did mention though that she was expecting a shipment of super purple ripples that day but alas, my appointment was too early. If you're interested, definitely give her a call or an email. There's lots more in her studio than on her website.

I only checked out the ripples and the tahitians while at the studio, so I didn't get a chance to compare the ripples to the kasumis unfortunately. But there will be a next time....

The necklaces are 17 inches long. Sarah took out four pearls from the ripple necklace to adjust the length.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
You made fabulous choices :appl: :appl: :appl: All of your pearls are just gorgeous! Congrats and enjoy!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Litgeek!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great finds, I particularly like the ripple and the Tahitians twisted together, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah is great to work with. She has so many things availiable that are not on her web site. You are so lucky to be able to visit her in person. Great choices and enjoy your new beautiies.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DK and 4Ranch Girl! With these new purchases, I think my pearlitus has been satisfied....for now....until I see the next lovely bauble.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results