shape
carat
color
clarity

New here, questions abt 4-6 CT diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Valerie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm a new girl on the block and I want to learn as much as possible and thought I would give this a try. My hubby and I are searching for a 4-6 CT Radiant or Cushion diamond and would like to know where to begin. We kind of understand a little about the basics of the diamond and that is it, but we don't know where to begin our seach and the in depth info of what to look for. Is a jewlery store a good place to start or online? Michale B's three sided pave is our setting of choice, what would be the suggested type of diamond for that. And also what are fair prices, like what is considered too high and too good to be true? Thanks a lot for the help! If I am in the wrong area to post these questions, please point me in the right direction. - Valerie

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this range, the 5 carat mark makes for a meaningful price jump. If cost matters at all, this would be one thing to consider. On the other hand, it may make sense to stay above that mark for the "collectable" quality of the respective jewelr - but allot more than weight goes into that consideration. I would ask some professional opinion about this for starters.

It would help to see some stones, because both color and clarity would show in a large stone like that. Looking at 1-2 carat pieces and extrapolating would not help allot. However, for an important sale it sounds reasonable to have several stones for consideration before purchasing one. This is not a costless service, as far as I know, but quite a useful one.

You must have seen this thread, no ? I wonder how the selection of that stone went ... The result came up pretty darn nice
5.gif

You can always use the database here for a quick reality check on prices. With several sellers listing, the refference is candide enough. Icestore and Am-Diamonds also post prices for larger stones. Even between these there is quite a bit of price variation. It should help for starters.

Enlisting an appraiser to advise the purchase may help as well, if you choose to go that way.

Yours must be quite an exciting ride
9.gif
Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results