shape
carat
color
clarity

New here, hi!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
Hello! I''ve been reluctant to post in the LIW forum, because I don''t like feeling desperate to be engaged, I feel like I should be happy enough in my relationship as is. But alas, here I am.

My personal situation is this: I met my SO about 6 years ago. Maybe a year later, I decided he had to be mine. I basically forced him into dating me. I was a crazy teenager, and he was petrified of women, so that didn''t work out so well. Fast forward 4 years, after several sporadic lunch get-togethers to catch up, we met for drinks instead. And something just clicked for both of us. We''ve been together ever since. It''s been just over a year.

We started talking about a future together only a couple months into the relationship. I think we were both just mature enough to know what we wanted out of our lives..anyway, it comes up pretty regularly (his best friend is getting married, and we both chime in on what we''d want for our own wedding, etc), we don''t doubt that we will get married someday. I think the difference is, I''d actually prefer a long engagement, and I think he''d rather wait until we''ve moved away from our hometown and settled elsewhere before he even thinks of proposing.

It just makes so much more sense to do it here! It gives us more time to plan (especially since we''d be planning a DIY, low-budge wedding), and plus what fun is getting a beautiful new ring that you can''t show off to your friends and family?! Plus then he wouldn''t have to worry about saving the money after the move. He already has the money for the ring, it''s locked up in a CD for now but not for long. I guess I''m just hoping that maybe once the money is freed up he is ready to make that commitment.

I''ve already got my ring picked out (ha!).. I''m such a micro-manager. I decided I''m such a control freak that I''d prefer just to tell him exactly what I wanted. He was disappointed, but once we realized anything he picked out would have been the complete opposite of my taste, he felt better. So now, of course, I can''t stop refreshing the photos of the ring and drooling and dreaming and wishing.

SUCH A LONG STORY, I know, I just figured I''d spill my guts all at once. :)

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! (I just joined a few days ago, so we''ll have to figure things out together)
1.gif

Hope you and your fella get things in line so you can get that ring. I know it''s hard not to be anxious. Good luck!

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I feel like I have no right to be.. we''re so young (23, he''s 25) but we''d probably get married around 26 and 28, and to me, even that sounds like later than I want it to happen. Boo!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to LIW, 24k!!! May your stay be sweet but short!

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!!! As luckyshe said....... hopefully you won''t be here (LIW) very long!!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, 24k!!!
35.gif
We''d love to see your dream ring, if you don''t mind sharing!
2.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

Have you added yourself to the list?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hope your stay is short and I agree that we would love to see this dream ring!

Rough_Rock
My goodness, I forgot I posted this thread!

My dream ring would be a Leon Megé cushion halo... that will probably never happen considering how young we are, but a girl can dream, right?? Any sort of cushion halo ring would make me a very happy girl.

We recently had a scare: SO''s friends have issues with me (they are a very co-dependent group, and don''t take well to letting others in) and two of them recently got married. I ended up not going to the wedding and we almost broke up over such silly drama. I feel like it set my dreams back several months!

However, last night SO did mention that we need to have "that talk" soon...curious to see how "that" goes!

kberrie22

Rough_Rock
Hello Hello to 24K and everyone else too!

I am also new on here too! My story is posted on different thread that I just posted a bit ago if anyone wants to read it. :)

I am 22 and my bf is 26 so I can really relate to you 24K! I am hoping that my SO is wanting to be engaged before we are the ages that you mentioned cause I agree with you in that to me now that feels like wayy to long to wait! Has it been hard for you to watch other people your age get engaged before you?

Glad I found this group, so nice to know other''s are on here that share my angst with being a LIW, or at least I have a hard time waiting from time to time, I know this might sound strange, but sometimes i wonder what it might be like being in a guys shoes, I am sometimes envious that my SO gets to choose when he will purchase a ring and choose when he wants to propose, while all the while I am here just worrying away as time passes. Trust me, I like being a girl but I just wonder sometimes.

Okay, I am all done, look forward to hearing from you all!
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi 24k, Welcome!

Tell us what ring you picked out!!

Feel free to share any LIW crazieness/ joys with us.

I''m glad you''re here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results