shape
carat
color
clarity

New Here, did I get a good deal?

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
I am pretty decided on the solitaire, and I especially love this one of course by victor canera. It seems from what I have been reading here on PS that when it comes to pave he does the best work and it is worth it. I am assuming I could get a similar setting from my local jeweler for quite a bit less. I guess the real question then is, is it worth the extra cost? I'm leaning towards yes, since it is my engagement ring and I will wear it daily. I am a nurse but I wouldn't be wearing it at work. I don't even wear my current e-ring at work, just my 0.5 carat channel set princess cut band. I don't even truly know what the cost will be until he emails me back, but from what I have read, around 4,000? Do you happen to know if that is accurate? Thanks!

screen_shot_2014-07-22_at_8.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Similar looking and made with the same level of workmanship are 2 completely different things. There's the $500 eBay pave where melees will drop out if you stare at it the wrong way and there's Victor's $5000 pave where the metal is smooth to the touch and the ring feels barely there (between the fingers) when worn and will last a lifetime with proper care and wear.

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Yep, and I don't doubt it. I had never heard of victor before I joined PS so I still don't know much about him, besides the fact that he has beautiful work and everyone here seems to enjoy working with him. I just have never seen/touched any of his work in person. I have time though to do more research :). I did send him an email so I will see what he says, but I think that combination would look amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results