shape
carat
color
clarity

New Hair Color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok... I''ve been blonde all of my life, but since I was sixteen I have been allowed to get highlights. My hair has continued to get blonder and blonder, to where I was really far from my roots. So, on Friday I got my hair dyed to go back to my roots. It''s a lot darker than my roots are and I''m still not sure how I feel about it. I think I maybe just want to be somewhere in between the bright blonde I had and now the very dark blonde I now am. Here are pictures for comparison.

blondehairpearlgirl.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
And here it is yesterday at the football game.. Not the best picture of my face, but ehhhh oh well I''ll be brave.

So my question is... should I keep it as is or get subtle highlights on top??

gamedayhair.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I vote for subtle highlights. It''s a nice colour, but I think it needs a little interest.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the new colour. If I was you I wouldn''t get any more colour on your hair. It might dry it out so much that it becomes brittle or frizzy. I had blonde hair, then went back to light brown... then highlighted it. My hair went so frizzy I had to have the whole lot cut short.

I would hold off and see if you get used to the new colour. Its probably a bit of a shock changing to a darker shade... give yourself a few weeks with the new one and see how you feel. I really like it on you.
1.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 3:26:04 PM
Author: Maisie
I like the new colour. If I was you I wouldn''t get any more colour on your hair. It might dry it out so much that it becomes brittle or frizzy. I had blonde hair, then went back to light brown... then highlighted it. My hair went so frizzy I had to have the whole lot cut short.

I would hold off and see if you get used to the new colour. Its probably a bit of a shock changing to a darker shade... give yourself a few weeks with the new one and see how you feel. I really like it on you.
1.gif

I second Maisie on this... Although my case is a bit more extreme, I''ll still share it anyway...

I was platinum blonde for most of my hs and college days (I''m a natural darker blonde), then last year I was "adventurous" and went red! I did that for about 8 months and after way too much upkeep and maintinance on the red, I missed my blonde....

OMG trying to get back to blonde was a horrible process which absolutely reeked havoc on my hair (think brillo pad-esque) I''ve never had frizz until then...As a result I had crazy amounts of breakage and had to cut my hair super short (chin length...which I am in the process of growing out and I had to get bangs again...ugh..)
I love the new color and I am sure it''s a bit of an adjustment (going darker was a huge adjustment for me but I had fun with it while it lasted)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely not wanting to damage my hair- that is why I went back to my roots. It was getting expensive going in for highlights so often. This color will definitely take some getting used to.. Not sure I like it at all. Maybe in a month or so I''ll get some subtle streaks added if I''m still uncomfortable with the look!

Thanks for the advice ladies!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 2:10:29 PM
Author:OUpeargirl
Ok... I''ve been blonde all of my life, but since I was sixteen I have been allowed to get highlights. My hair has continued to get blonder and blonder, to where I was really far from my roots. So, on Friday I got my hair dyed to go back to my roots. It''s a lot darker than my roots are and I''m still not sure how I feel about it. I think I maybe just want to be somewhere in between the bright blonde I had and now the very dark blonde I now am. Here are pictures for comparison.
We must have drank the same kool-aid
2.gif
I just did the SAME thing! I think you look BETTER back dark... and don''t do anything else to it! Highlights... will have way more maintenance!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 5:38:20 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
Date: 9/7/2008 2:10:29 PM

Author:OUpeargirl

We must have drank the same kool-aid
2.gif
I just did the SAME thing! I think you look BETTER back dark... and don''t do anything else to it! Highlights... will have way more maintenance!

Haha I just saw your post! Thank you! My hairdresser said she picked a color that is similar to what I am naturally.. But, my hair naturally lightens up a lot in the summer, so I''ve honestly NEVER seen my hair this dark!! She also thinks it will fade in the next week or so, and I''m interested to see what color it will turn out. For now I''m not touchin'' it, but I do hope it gets a few lighter streaks in it.

Sigh..

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, I love the new color. I think it looks fabulous on you.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both colors on you. I agree with giving it a bit of time to adjust to your new color. It is a pretty big change and you might just need to get used to it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You look lovely and your hair looks very natural. Give yourself some time to adjust to the new shade, then decide.

cheers--Sharon

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
My hair color changes were not as drastic, but I too have been dying it since I was 16 or 17. I have medium ash brown (my mom is blond, my father has dark hair as he is Asian). I dye it dark brown like my father. I would also add highlights of a medium gold brown on top. Too much over time (although, my hair held up very well!!!!). I dyed it back to my roots (or as close as possible) and am having it grow out----however, I may add just a few highlights or low lights to jazz it up.

I LOVE both your hair colors. However, I would probably stay with your natural, and perhaps add a few highlights to frame your face---just a thought.

Also, it takes time to get used to not just the hair but adjusting your makeup colors, etc. At least I had to---

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OUpear: I feel ya. It is a really scary feeling going from light to dark or dark to light. I am still struggling with going back to my natural color. I am not even sure it''s cheaper (because I still need to hide the random gray strands sprouting here and there).
I am still debating going back to highlighting.

Do you have any reason that you can''t just live with the new you for a bit and experiment with different makeup and clothes? If you don''t, than I would suggest you just take some time and try to get used to the new you.

You''re gorgeous either way.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the honest opinion''s ladies!! I am not quite used to it yet, but it is only hair, it''s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things! I''m just glad you all could be honest, because I know none of my friends would tell me anything negative to my face. You are all wonderful.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
YOu look very pretty both ways. I agree c/ giving yourself a chance to get used to the new color. My brother once had a gf who had her hair dyed too dark and she had to use Prell over and over to soften it up! (I think Prell is suppsoed to be very harsh on your hair, hence the reason it was used!)
I do sort of think the lighter blonde sparkles on you, so if you are amenable down the road I would love to see a *few* little highlights here and there to change it up (if it doesn''t lighten up on its own!). You definitely don''t have to do it though!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I like you as a blonde. I think an ''in-between'' colour or highlights would look pretty on you.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well just to update.. I haven''t colored it since, but it has DEFINITELY faded into a color I''m much more comfortable with. Thank you all so much for your input/compliments! Here''s a picture of how it looks now, sorry it''s sort of bad quality, but I was at a concert! It looks better, do ya agree?

hairfadepic.jpg

LuvPugs

Rough_Rock
Ooooh, I think it looks very pretty and very natural!! Good job waiting it out. You look beautiful!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
That colour is perfect! I''m so glad it faded to that, it''s really the most flattering of the three colours.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
LuvPugs and princess, thank you so much!! I like it a lot better too.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it, now! Looking very hot!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results