shape
carat
color
clarity

New gizmo coming for my iPhone to take macro pics:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
this is soooo amazing AME !!

i'm getting one RIGHT NOW (amazon still has a few left in stock).... sold out everywhere - apple stores are on a 5 week back order....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SERIOUSLY? Apple online is sold out?! WOW. I wonder if I spurred a trend or something!

I should probably do a macro thread in the SMTR actually. I don't have much to take photos of. My wedding set and my Kwiat studs really are about it. I did try today during the day to take a couple in the sun but there will be a bit of learning on that....you have to get super close so you end up blocking the sun!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES YES YES!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Please start a thread - that would be so interesting to get so 'up close and personal' with your jewels! I think we'd all be interested :lickout:

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
At first I thought... wow what a pretty diamond. Then I saw the eye pictures. :-o

I have greenish eyes that WISH they looked like yours! Amazing colour! I couldn't care less about your diamond now, I wanna have your eyes!! :love: :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Ill put that down to donate after i die ;-) what I think of when I see it is how I want to photoshop it now to be orange and red and be the eye of sauron!

I am going to start that thread I think.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Do you think it's like a loupe clip-on for your phone? I hold my loupe right against my iPhone lens and get good results.
Regardless, I still want that Ollo thing so I just ordered it :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher|1326013314|3097792 said:
Do you think it's like a loupe clip-on for your phone? I hold my loupe right against my iPhone lens and get good results.
woohoo!!!

The Macro, to me, is effectively a 10x loupe for the phone you just slide on. I was going to get my 30x out one day and try that with the phone. The benefit to this thing really is that it's on the phone and you don't have to hold it so you have the free hand.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
ame|1326064189|3098128 said:
SweetAsscher|1326013314|3097792 said:
woohoo!!!

The Macro, to me, is effectively a 10x loupe for the phone you just slide on. I was going to get my 30x out one day and try that with the phone. The benefit to this thing really is that it's on the phone and you don't have to hold it so you have the free hand.

Agreed re the not holding it benefit. I actually found one in my local apple store and bought it so I wouldn't have to wait. The main difference I see between pics taken with Ollo macro and a loupe is that after the pic is taken, when you zoom in it is much much clearer and crisper on the Ollo pic than the loupe pic.
The Ollo macro is also 10x magnification.
I'll post some comparison shot on your other thread later when I get home on the computer. All in all, it's still $75 including tax, BUT, Im having a blast and I can see myself using this thing enough to justify spending that much $ on it vs just using the loupe. But then again my iPhone is the only camera I ever use. Despite having a camcorder, point & shoot and a flip cam, my iPhone is always conveniently in hand.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's how I look at it. It's SO MUCH more convenient. I haven't zoomed in on anything yet with the Ollo on, I probably oughta try that.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Well, so far, I like the photojojo lenses. I've taken some photos, but haven't really done a lot of heavy shooting with them.

I like that the lenses are small and travel easily. The covers are magnetic and pops right onto the lens. You get a magnetic sticker (there's a special one for iPhone 4/4s) that stays on your phone, and the lens sticks to it with the magnet. Now that I've found a case with a large enough camera lens opening, I don't need to remove the case to use the lenses.

Of the three lenses, I enjoy using the macro and fisheye. I haven't used the wide eye too much to get a real feel for it. My least favorite, and the biggest disappointment is the telephoto. It doesn't really seem to do much.

I haven't tried using the Ollo, but the big drawback for me is the fact you have to take the case off. Since I am totally clumsy, I need a protective case on at all times.

I've taken some pictures with the lenses to show how they look.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Regular shot

Regular shot cropped.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
telephoto

Telephoto cropped.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wide eye

Wideeye cropped.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fisheye

Fisheye cropped.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Macro. Note, for this shot, the lens is really close to the ring.

Macro cropped.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fun shot :)

Christmas ornament! cropped.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
all lenses

All lenses cropped.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWESOME shots!!! Man the macro is nice!

I think if you go outside and do a distance shot youll get a better use for Telephoto. That's more for getting a larger view of something relatively far off. (Someone correct me here if I am wrong)

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered from Photojojo for my Thunderbolt, can't wait to use it.

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
It is so much fun to use. I got mine for Christmas, but haven't used it in awhile since taking pictures of my ring. Maybe when my wedding band arrives, I'll bust it out and snap a few photos.

Btw, LOVE the eye pix ---GORGEOUS!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Malbec54|1364990471|3419198 said:
It is so much fun to use. I got mine for Christmas, but haven't used it in awhile since taking pictures of my ring. Maybe when my wedding band arrives, I'll bust it out and snap a few photos.

Btw, LOVE the eye pix ---GORGEOUS!
Thanks!!!

Look forward to some ring pics!!! I don't use mine much, I have to take my case off to use it. But I do love to play with it once in a while.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results