shape
carat
color
clarity

New girl on the block

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol....it''s a long story. Here''s the short version... This July is our 11th anniversary of the day we met. So we count that as our anniversary. We were 16 at the time. I would turn 17 just a week later, he would turn 17 that September. But you can''t call it high school sweethearts because we lived in different states. So our first year was actually LDR (long distance) we talked on the phone and online for a year. We knew even then that it was meant to be. So.....he finished Sr. year in high school and almost 14 months later he moved to where I am today. So "together/together" would be 10 years in August. But again, we go by the day we met in July of ''98....lol

You could read more at my who''s who page...

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, DG, you guys have quite a history! That''s quite impressive! I just read your Who''s Who and I love all your tiffany stories! I''ve never tried anything on in there but I love looking at all of the sparklies.. I think it would just make me sad because they are too expensive
8.gif

I started crying reading about your dog
39.gif
i''m so sorry to hear about that and I couldn''t even imagine how that felt.. I have two miniature schnauzers, so I have a very special place in my heart for them! My boy is 4 years old and has more energy than any dog I''ve ever met. Everyone who knows him swears he never sleeps! My other one is a girl who is 6 months old. She looks just like your puppy did at 6 months! She''s mostly black like that.. I really want her to stay that way though because she''s a nice contrast to the boy
1.gif
Anyways she''s a snuggler and a sneaky little thing... I was so used to my older dog being so well behaved so I''m still a little surprised by her sneaky ways.. I will have to find my camera connecter thingy to load pictures of them..

Oh, also.. I''m in love with your wedding colors! I''ve never seen those two together for a wedding.. I usually think wedding colors look cheesy (don''t shoot me!) but those look very nice together!

mizzo

Rough_Rock
Sparkly,

I''m in a similar situation (and this is my very first post- hi to all). When SO and I were first together years ago, he was ready and I definitely was not. I remember mentioning that I didn''t think it would be a good idea until I was done with grad school and ours lives were on more of a trajectory. But now I am ready (and about to graduate) and it takes all of my will power to not bring it up to him every chance I get. I''ve been lurking on PS for a couple of months to fuel my compulsion, but that has only given me ideas of EXACTLY what I want and made my impatience to get it even worse! I know he wants the proposal to be a surprise (he doesn''t feel like it will be real otherwise). So, I respect his wishes about what he sees as his role, and try to refrain from potentially ruining the moment, but the unspoken anticipation is turning me into a person I do not recognize!

I guess I just wish I could talk with him to straighten out all my thoughts over this, but it just doesn''t work like that!

Good luck to you!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 6:04:40 PM
Author: sparklyheart
Wow, DG, you guys have quite a history! That''s quite impressive! I just read your Who''s Who and I love all your tiffany stories! I''ve never tried anything on in there but I love looking at all of the sparklies.. I think it would just make me sad because they are too expensive
8.gif

I started crying reading about your dog
39.gif
i''m so sorry to hear about that and I couldn''t even imagine how that felt.. I have two miniature schnauzers, so I have a very special place in my heart for them! My boy is 4 years old and has more energy than any dog I''ve ever met. Everyone who knows him swears he never sleeps! My other one is a girl who is 6 months old. She looks just like your puppy did at 6 months! She''s mostly black like that.. I really want her to stay that way though because she''s a nice contrast to the boy
1.gif
Anyways she''s a snuggler and a sneaky little thing... I was so used to my older dog being so well behaved so I''m still a little surprised by her sneaky ways.. I will have to find my camera connecter thingy to load pictures of them..

Oh, also.. I''m in love with your wedding colors! I''ve never seen those two together for a wedding.. I usually think wedding colors look cheesy (don''t shoot me!) but those look very nice together!
Thanks so much! I plan on one day updating it with more stories and photos...I''m known around here for being the resident Tiffany girl. Sometimes that''s a good thing, sometimes its a bad thing. There is a lot in there that is very expensive but you''d be surprised as to what you can find in there at a half way decent price!

Awww...I was crying when I wrote about my little one. Sorry to make you cry too! She meant THE WORLD TO ME and then some! See....I thought you and I would be PS buddies and look at you with 2 schnauzers!!!
31.gif
They sure do have a lot of character! And I know everyone says that about their dogs but I''m a huge dog lover and have been around many dogs. They just don''t have the same personality that schnauzers have. Gosh she was a witty little sarcastic thing! She had me laughing all the time. I''m sure you know they usually live long life spans so you''ve got many of joyful years ahead with those 2 little ones!
2.gif
My little one was very dark when she was just a pup and got lighter and ligther over the years. Her coat was very soft to the touch too. I know many schnauzers have coarse fur. What about your little ones? I used to think she felt like silk...

Thanks for the compliments on my "dream" wedding board colors. When we get married, I''d like to use those colors if we have a July/August date. I always thought it would be nice to get married on (one) of our anniversaries lol! If not, I''d really like to go with a fall wedding so the colors would be different. I wonder though if you can go with a fall theme at the end of August.
33.gif
I''ve thought about making a "dream" wedding board with fall colors too when I get some spare time.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
icecrunch: I''m glad you''re in the same boat too! I have a feeling when I get close to finishing I will be tapping my foot waiting for a ring! I don''t know how I would avoid bringing it up! Getting married has definitely been brought up but the actual *ring* has not.. so I''m sure I''ll be anxious when I feel like he should be out looking with me! Lurking on PS has been BAAAAD! I see so many pretty things that I didn''t even realize I NEED! Not even engagement rings.. just gorgeous diamond earrings and pendants and gemstones, oh my!! Congrats on almost graduating! I''m not even going to try and hide it.. I''m SOO jealous!

dreamgirl: That is SO weird about your schnauzer.. my girl (the black one) has super soft and silky hair too-it is always getting matted because she likes to roll around in the grass like a little boy! My boy has very coarse hair so his is usually in good shape. I agree about the personalities.. they are both so outgoing and friendly. They are both always the center of attention. Anytime my older one gets around other dogs, they all follow him *everywhere!* It''s funny to see big labs following my little schnauzer like he''s their leader or something. I''ve definitely never met other non-schnauzer dogs with that big of a personality! You have got the wedding thing all figured out! I''ve been recruiting girlfriends to plan mine because that is the LAST thing I want to do. After helping plan so many of my friends'' weddings I have NO interest in it. I just want to show up with a pretty dress and have everything look pretty. My BF is pretty much the same way (well,minus wanting a pretty dress!) so who knows what we will end up with!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 5:09:50 PM
dreamgirl: That is SO weird about your schnauzer.. my girl (the black one) has super soft and silky hair too-it is always getting matted because she likes to roll around in the grass like a little boy! My boy has very coarse hair so his is usually in good shape. I agree about the personalities.. they are both so outgoing and friendly. They are both always the center of attention. Anytime my older one gets around other dogs, they all follow him *everywhere!* It''s funny to see big labs following my little schnauzer like he''s their leader or something. I''ve definitely never met other non-schnauzer dogs with that big of a personality! You have got the wedding thing all figured out! I''ve been recruiting girlfriends to plan mine because that is the LAST thing I want to do. After helping plan so many of my friends'' weddings I have NO interest in it. I just want to show up with a pretty dress and have everything look pretty. My BF is pretty much the same way (well,minus wanting a pretty dress!) so who knows what we will end up with!
lol awwww....I bet they are both just dolls! I''d love to see photos sometime if you ever feel like sharing! I always smile when I see a little schnauzer come across my path. I always gotta stop and say hello! One time shortly after my furbaby passed, a little schnauzer came up to our front door. He had gotten away from home. Reminded me so much of my little one I didn''t want to let him go! But we called the owner and she lived a block over. When she came to get him she wasn''t very thankful and when we told her about our little one, she didn''t much seem to care! I couldn''t believe how rude she was. I shoulda kept that little guy, I''ll bet he would have had a better home with me...lol

I haven''t gotten a pup since but I sure do miss having one around. Maybe one of these days when I feel better about the situation, I''ll get another one. Guess I somehow feel like my little one would be sad if she knew I got another puppy. I know that sounds silly but she was my baby. I don''t want to "replace" her with another one. It just doesn''t feel right. You know?

lol I''m kinda crazy about the whole wedding thing. I just love weddings and have been dreaming about my day ever since I was that 4 year old flower girl, I guess! The LIWs had a thread started about dream wedding boards so I put one together.
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 12:21:58 PM
Author: icecrunch
Sparkly,

I''m in a similar situation (and this is my very first post- hi to all). When SO and I were first together years ago, he was ready and I definitely was not. I remember mentioning that I didn''t think it would be a good idea until I was done with grad school and ours lives were on more of a trajectory. But now I am ready (and about to graduate) and it takes all of my will power to not bring it up to him every chance I get. I''ve been lurking on PS for a couple of months to fuel my compulsion, but that has only given me ideas of EXACTLY what I want and made my impatience to get it even worse! I know he wants the proposal to be a surprise (he doesn''t feel like it will be real otherwise). So, I respect his wishes about what he sees as his role, and try to refrain from potentially ruining the moment, but the unspoken anticipation is turning me into a person I do not recognize!

I guess I just wish I could talk with him to straighten out all my thoughts over this, but it just doesn''t work like that!

Good luck to you!
Welcome to PS icecrunch!

I always try to tell FF things about rings and marriage to straigten my thoughts out. But I usually send him in a whirlwind and then I notice that what I''m saying doesn''t make much sense. lol I try so hard not to do that anymore. But I have moments where I slip...

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock

I don''t have any recent pics but let me see if I can find some of the two of them..

There is a schnauzer by my parents'' house that is always outside of the gate just chillin in the street.. He''s such a raggedy thing but I want to pick him up.. except I think that would be stealing.. Anyways they need to stop leaving him out! I''m sorry that lady wasn''t very nice about you returning the dog OR your story.. Most dog owners love to hear about other peoples dogs.. Or am I just *imagining* that everyone loves that??

I don''t think you could ever *replace* your dog! And I don''t think getting a new one would count as a replacement.. It''s just moving forward and giving another lucky dog a home! Sometimes that can takes years though, and you''ll know when it''s time.

Ok let me try this picture thing..
The top two are the oldest one.. he is very protective of his stuff so when I pulled out his old crate for the new one this is what he did... He also figured out he could take his bone to the couch and she wouldn''t take it..
The bottom two are my newest
1.gif
These were from pretty soon after I got her though.. she''s grown a lot!

339rjhf47.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 6:51:22 PM
I don't think you could ever *replace* your dog! And I don't think getting a new one would count as a replacement.. It's just moving forward and giving another lucky dog a home! Sometimes that can takes years though, and you'll know when it's time.
Yeah that's kind of how I feel too I guess. I'm such a HUGE dog lover that its hard to imagine living the rest of my life without another one. (heck, I'd take a dog anyday over a kid! haha!)

Your little ones are sooooooooooo precious! They've got the floppy ears like mine had. Some of them are cropped differently where they are shorter and stand up high. I always liked the ones with the floppy ears the best! Your girl looks a lot like my little one when she was a pup. Same haircut (which is so adorable) when she was that age. We always used to get her the "teddy bear" cut where her face was cut like a puppy cut but the rest of her body was cut even and not like it was when she was a puppy. Brings back good memories...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
My Mom sent me the cutest youtube video the other day of a schnauzer moonwalking. It''s so cute! Thought you might appreciate it: here
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the introduction! WELCOME!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results