shape
carat
color
clarity

new furniture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
anyone purchase any nice new furniture since you''ve gotten married? would love to see photos.

DH bought me a new remote-controlled reclining chair which finally was delivered today and I am in love with it. he''s had his own for a while now, and I have back problems with sitting on a regular couch so he said I must get my own comfy chair. so here it is.

mine next to DH''s. it is a little smaller than his, of course.

noelwrchair1.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
mine doesn''t recline as far back nor does the foot rest go as high

noelwrchair2.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
but something DH''s doesn''t have: an EJECT button!

actually it''s not eject. it very slowly goes up and tilts forward so that you can get out without having to use much muscles or strength. it''s meant more for older people, but now DH and I can be grandma and grandpa together.

noelwrchair3.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did buy some new furniture. We lived together for three years before getting married and our furniture was a mish-mash of random stuff. Purchase #1 was a new mattress followed by a new bed. Now we''re working towards getting a new couch for our loft. In addition, when we moved we had enough room to take my mom''s antique dining room set so now we have a walnut hutch, table and chairs as well.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Our current furniture is all hand me downs or bought at Goodwill, so now that we both have good jobs, we are saving up for good pieces! I''m going to read this thread for suggestions!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
We bought it a couple months before we got married. We used a small portion of our tax return to buy a new bed. I have problems sleeping through the night and our bed was basically a 15 year old hand me down mattress from my dad. Now that we have the new bed I sleep a lot better. It ended up being a good investment in my health and sanity lol.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
This isn''t actually our bedroom, it''s from the website, but gives you the general idea :) We don''t have the dressers or any of that

b527-qbed.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, DH is obsessed with chairs that do the eject thing. Lol. I found one offered for free on the side of the road, but the elderly owner told him to leave it for someone who actually needed help getting up. Haha. I have to show him the pics.

We haven't bought any furniture at all. We have too much! A few years ago we combined apartments so we have two beds (luckily we have two bedrooms), two dining room tables (one sitting in our basement), two couches (luckily both actually fit in our living room). No new furniture for us until we get a house in a few years. Though I could use a new bookcase ... I just have no where to put it! At least all the furniture we combined was pretty nice stuff. It's not expensive at all (anyone heard of Bob's Discount Furniture?
3.gif
), but it looks nice and will last for a few years. When I got my first place, I just couldn't stand having any more cheap-o furniture like we had in college
2.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
smurfy - that bed looks comfy! makes me feel sleepy and want to curl up under the covers.

elrohwen - I know the too much furniture problem. we actually gave away our 3-seater couch to make more room. luckily if you place ads and say things are free, people will quickly come get them. I will eventually have to get rid of my sunbed, and even though I''d give it away free I doubt anyone would want to come get it because it takes about 4 people left to it and needs to go into a truck. well, until then I''ll continue tanning.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 10:44:22 AM
Author: noelwr
smurfy - that bed looks comfy! makes me feel sleepy and want to curl up under the covers.

I almost didn''t get out of it today
9.gif
But we all know the office won''t run without me lol jk
1.gif

Ours is much comfier than the picture, we got a bunch of 100% polyester blankets from the wedding and christmas, I think we have 5 of them now that fit the bed so we just pile them on and sleep all jumbled up lol. It doesn''t look very nice but we sleep great so that''s all we care about
3.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
We got a new-to-us bedroom set off of craigslist. I don''t have pics from our house, but it looks like this...http://www.thefurniture.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=BWS-HT-SET-1 (it''s the knock off of the Heights collection by Brownstone. Ours is made by Tradewinds I think, and we got it lightly used on craigslist...

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Noelwr, those chairs are adorable -- they remind me of the movie "Up."
1.gif

DH and I haven''t gotten any new furniture yet, our place is too tiny. I did just buy a wall mirror and I really hope my hubby likes it when he gets back from being abroad...normally I''d have waited to show him first, but it was on clearance and was the last one, so I just grabbed it. We need a new mattress ASAP, and also hope to get a new dining table custom-made to our specifications, but neither of those has happened yet.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
smurfy - amen to sleeping great and who cares what it looks like. it''s not like anyone else is watching you sleep. at least I hope not, that would be very creepy. but it does seem like the perfect bed that when you have guests you can make it look all fancy and respectful. I remember when DH bought our first couch (was a huge one that went around in U) and he said, "Our first adult furniture!" only took him 28 years.

B_m - nice bed! I like the mix of wood and leather. we could never get such a bed because DH is too tall. so we had to order an extra long mattress on extra long box springs and still his feet hang out.

Octavia - nothing is too small for a photo. let''s see your new mirror!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Noelwr - I love the ejection chair!

We bought some furniture before we got married. But, we are in the process of selling our house (it is really too big and I hate all the stairclimbing, especially when I am cleaning it) and we want to wait until we know where we will be.

In order of importance, we are looking to:

Buy new living room furniture that hopefully our dog won''t mess up
DSS needs a new bed (I have no idea why our pre-teen has a twin bed that he doesn''t fit in, but our child has a queen bed!)
Desks for study/office

We aren''t really spending any money until we sell our house and get a new one. The only spending we are doing right now is updating the kitchen to sell our house.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
noelwr - that is an AWESOME chair! The third pic where it's practically standing up is really funny, though! It looks like it's going to hunt you down and make you sit in it! LOL

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noel--That ejection chair is hilarious!

We bought a lot of new furniture when we first moved into our house. It all started with this table. It''s the large Crate & Barrel Big Sur, and it belonged to the previous owners. I fell in love with this table when we first saw the house, and after much negotiating, we got the table, bench, and chairs with the house.

The table is so beautiful that we bought the matching Big Sur buffet and hutch from C&B, and then living room furniture from there, and then a whole wall of family room shelves from there, and that''s how our house came to be filled with Crate & Barrel furniture, despite the fact that my husband''s family owns furnitire stores. (We did get our awesome sofas from the family store.)

Here''s the table. I adore it.

TableHavenPSSSS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the matching buffet and hutch. Well, you can only really see the hutch, but it''s sitting on the buffet.

Buffethavenpsss.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry my pictures are so big!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I love that table! I''ve recently become such a big fan of tables with benches. They just seem very family-friendly to me.

I''ve always said that I wanted to wait until we bought our first home before we splurged on any furniture, but soon after we were married I really wanted a new bed. I bought our original bed when I moved into my first apartment when I was 19 or 20...and I bought it in a huge rush because I thought I needed it right away. Anyway, we ended up buying this bed from Pottery Barn about 2 months after we were married.

At the time, DH suggested we buy the matching dresser and nightstands, but I said I wanted to wait until we bought a house because I didn''t want to spend too much money and I wanted to get whatever would look best in our new place. Then a year went by and it didn''t look like we''d be ready to buy a house anytime soon, so I decided to order the matching dresser. Except it had been discontinued (in the color I wanted). I bought the same stain in a different style, but it still doesn''t quite match and I regret not just buying the dresser with the bed...now it''s been over 2 years and we STILL don''t have a house, haha

pbbeder03.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I love that table! It just looks so cheerful and organic. Lovely!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Haven that table is really cool! we could never fit it in our apt
3.gif
but it looks so cheerful and homey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results