shape
carat
color
clarity

New drop @ Finewater

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
And I already got one of them ! lol

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oooh! which one?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo did you get the pink zircon??

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh which one? I saw the zircon....drats it was quickly sold...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping someone here got it-it''s so pretty!

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Nope I got the peach tourmaline- it will be a near twin of the blue tourmaline ring I made for MrsTropicmaster for her last birthday.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I would have to agree- if a zircon as pretty as that got scooped up so fast- it had better have been by a PSer! I would love to see more shots of it. I saw it and *gasp* it made my heart flutter... then I was really sad when I saw the word SOLD.
15.gif

Tropicmaster, that tourm looks like a fun gem- please take lots of pics?
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink zircon looks pretty sweet and sold quickly too; I wonder if it''s a PSer or someone else.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I was sad about the zircon too...hope a pser got it!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hehehe - that pink zircon was indeed a beauty! It wasn''t me, but I''m thrilled to say that we''ll probably be seeing more of it!
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad to say, I'm not loving those cc garnets. Brown to olive, and brown to more brown, is not what I consider a color change, nor an attractive one.

I know the new and expensive color change garnets go from teal, green, and blue to purplish red or pink, which is very nice, and more like alexandrite. These appear to be just color shifters.

Sorry to be the lone person not loving what I see. I know, I'm a party pooper.

The rhodolite looks like a pyrope. Aren't they supposed to have some pink or purple in them? He said it's a deep pure red.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 8:58:36 PM
Author: Tropicmaster
Nope I got the peach tourmaline- it will be a near twin of the blue tourmaline ring I made for MrsTropicmaster for her last birthday.

you moved so fast.. lucky dude =).
i through about buying a opposed bar cut to see what it is like ......

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
More than half the drop is already gone. Come on people, give some of us slower pokes a chance!
39.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, love that pink zircon! I guess that you have to move quickly! I agree about the color shift garnets. Then again maybe they have that brown/champagne look that is popular with diamonds?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 12:04:04 AM
Author: AustenNut
More than half the drop is already gone. Come on people, give some of us slower pokes a chance!
39.gif

yeah come on peeps.......
=)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2010 10:25:46 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Sad to say, I''m not loving those cc garnets. Brown to olive, and brown to more brown, is not what I consider a color change, nor an attractive one.

I know the new and expensive color change garnets go from teal, green, and blue to purplish red or pink, which is very nice, and more like alexandrite. These appear to be just color shifters.

Sorry to be the lone person not loving what I see. I know, I''m a party pooper.

The rhodolite looks like a pyrope. Aren''t they supposed to have some pink or purple in them? He said it''s a deep pure red.
You''re not the only one. As a lover of all things colour change I scrolled down the page and had an "oh" feeling when I got to the bottom rather than a "whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i''m not a fan of the cc garnets either, the zircon is pretty though (i already have one from gary, on its way..)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 3:21:57 AM
Author: winternight
Aw, love that pink zircon! I guess that you have to move quickly! I agree about the color shift garnets. Then again maybe they have that brown/champagne look that is popular with diamonds?
if any of you are interested in another peachy/pink zircon, Gary just mentioned that he has another rough to cut, if anyone wants one...I had to pass up on it
7.gif
since I am still unsure of what stone I need to get for a three stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore anything colour change but nothing that goes to brown. It''s just a personal dislike.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I was about 20 minutes onto Gary''s site last night after he posted the new stuff and most of it was already gone, nothing left for me to buy (not a fan of those particular garnets, myself)! I assumed it was Pricescoper''s with Crackberrys on them at all times, LOL.

I am getting a peachy pink zircon from Gary, we settled on size which will be a little smaller than I would like but I really liked the stones from that rough.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t go for any of the new drop, but I did pick up a little something else that''s speeding it''s way across the Atlantic to me as we speak
27.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sad to say, I'm not loving those cc garnets. Brown to olive, and brown to more brown, is not what I consider a color change, nor an attractive one.

The rhodolite looks like a pyrope. Aren't they supposed to have some pink or purple in them? He said it's a deep pure red.

+1 for the CC garnet, too much brown IMO..
20.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 8:46:11 PM
Author: chictomato

20.gif
You know, I crossed my fingers and bought blue-to-purple change garnet. I never had one, the one I ever saw at Foxx here was unimpressive and very expensive, and this one is well-cut. I shall post it here and wait for your honest opinion - if you tell me it is not good, I shall return it, but hopefully I'll like it. I understand that many of them have "grey" daytime modifier but everything looks grey here at daytime anyhow, and I always used to live in Northern countries or states. I hate when you have to virtually "shake" a color changer to see the shift (I mean, tilt it from side to side, trying to see the difference). But if it pops out when the light is changed...
For a reason yet unknown to me, I stay away from zircon. Don't know why. Maybe it's because so many of them are treated. Have to "introduce" myself to tourmalines - again, at one point I saw so many beautiful red tourmalines that were breathtaking. Luckily, at the time I already knew they were irradiated. My biggest question was not safety (cell phones are probably worse) but how large is half-decay period? The color was due to change with time. Now I read that they are also unsafe.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/20/2010 12:51:31 PM
Author: crasru

Sad to say, I''m not loving those cc garnets. Brown to olive, and brown to more brown, is not what I consider a color change, nor an attractive one.

The rhodolite looks like a pyrope. Aren''t they supposed to have some pink or purple in them? He said it''s a deep pure red.

20.gif

You know, I crossed my fingers and bought blue-to-purple change garnet. I never had one, the one I ever saw at Foxx here was unimpressive and very expensive, and this one is well-cut. I shall post it here and wait for your honest opinion - if you tell me it is not good, I shall return it, but hopefully I''ll like it. I understand that many of them have ''grey'' daytime modifier but everything looks grey here at daytime anyhow, and I always used to live in Northern countries or states. I hate when you have to virtually ''shake'' a color changer to see the shift (I mean, tilt it from side to side, trying to see the difference). But if it pops out when the light is changed...

For a reason yet unknown to me, I stay away from zircon. Don''t know why. Maybe it''s because so many of them are treated. Have to ''introduce'' myself to tourmalines - again, at one point I saw so many beautiful red tourmalines that were breathtaking. Luckily, at the time I already knew they were irradiated. My biggest question was not safety (cell phones are probably worse) but how large is half-decay period? The color was due to change with time. Now I read that they are also unsafe.

Hi crasu so you bought the 7.1mm round CC garnet? I do like the color change of that piece. Hope to see it real soon!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 7:17:07 PM

Date: 1/20/2010 12:51:31 PM
Author: crasru

20.gif

You know, I crossed my fingers and bought blue-to-purple change garnet. I never had one, the one I ever saw at Foxx here was unimpressive and very expensive, and this one is well-cut. I shall post it here and wait for your honest opinion - if you tell me it is not good, I shall return it, but hopefully I''ll like it. I understand that many of them have ''grey'' daytime modifier but everything looks grey here at daytime anyhow, and I always used to live in Northern countries or states. I hate when you have to virtually ''shake'' a color changer to see the shift (I mean, tilt it from side to side, trying to see the difference). But if it pops out when the light is changed...

For a reason yet unknown to me, I stay away from zircon. Don''t know why. Maybe it''s because so many of them are treated. Have to ''introduce'' myself to tourmalines - again, at one point I saw so many beautiful red tourmalines that were breathtaking. Luckily, at the time I already knew they were irradiated. My biggest question was not safety (cell phones are probably worse) but how large is half-decay period? The color was due to change with time. Now I read that they are also unsafe.

Hi crasu so you bought the 7.1mm round CC garnet? I do like the color change of that piece. Hope to see it real soon!
It is in the mail - hope to see it next week. Saw only one in my whole life, don''t even know what to expect!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 9:54:00 PM
Author: cellentani
Hehehe - that pink zircon was indeed a beauty! It wasn''t me, but I''m thrilled to say that we''ll probably be seeing more of it!
2.gif
36.gif
Yay! I''m so glad it was a PSer! Can''t wait to see more pics of that beauty!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got an email that my CC has arrived. Have not seen it but I shall try to post pictures as soon as I get it.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock

normally how much would that size peach tourmaline cost in the market?
anyone knows?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 11:53:33 AM
Author: haagen_dazs

normally how much would that size peach tourmaline cost in the market?
anyone knows?
In the case of the peach tourmaline, you're paying most of the cost for the precision cutting. That material is not expensive for tourmaline. If it were a native cut stone, it would not be more than $20 wholesale.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results